Alpine Kappa Perfect 10.1

kevin

October 11, 2010

Price Paid:  $80.00 from kijiji

2003 INFINITY KAPPA PERFECT 10.1

Strengths:
amazing sub mainly for perfect sound quality

Weaknesses:
none

Summary:
amazing

none

Kelch

March 19, 2007

Price Paid:  $99.00 from Future Shop

2006 Kappa 10.1 Perfect Series

Strengths:
Im running 500 watts rms, 1100 peak to it no problem!! Small compact sealed box!

Weaknesses:
havent found any yet, only wish it came with an infinity grill cover

Summary:
This sub pounds better than two 12" subs I used to own, it has no problem handling power, lots of bass, I love how much trunk room it leaves me with!

(2) 12" Dual Audio Subs in bandpass box

MWinTX

November 1, 2004

Price Paid:  $84.00 from eBay

2004 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1

Strengths:
Super SQ quality, Hard hitting. These subs will go wayyy low with no problem, other subs i've heard can't take what these can and still sound clear.

Weaknesses:
No weaknesses just don't forget to break them in for a good 15-20 hours before throwing the watts at them.

Summary:
I strolled in here after hearing a friends kappa perfect to read some of the reviews. He had one 10" and it sounded awesome driven by a JBL 600.1 I've always liked Infinity products and was curious what was being said in reviews. Bought 2 of the perfect 10.1's and built my own custom box for these subs. I can't believe these subs are only 84 bucks each! I've heard subs that cost twice as much not sound as good as these do! I'm driving them with a JBL 1200.1 @ 2ohms. These subs hit HARD! They are super clear and defined! SUPER SQ! Plenty SPL! I still can't believe these are only 84 bucks brand new!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PEOPLE! You will not find a better sub on the market for this price. I'm still shocked! Take a look at them, they are really built, no cheap stuff here.

JL-W6's

aguirrelino

July 5, 2004

Price Paid:  $226.00 from ebay

2004 Kappa Perfect 10.1

Strengths:
They look nice.

Weaknesses:
Too delicate, will break, they're expensive and overrated.

Summary:
I made a 3/4 mdf box 1.2 cuft for 2 kappa perfects. Replacing a Fosgate Power 15 inch hx2. These Infinity's are worthless. I hooked them up @ 2ohms to alpine 1507 and they couldn't hang and don't get loud at all. The next morning one is blown.

Alpine type E and Infinity Reference 12 inch these subs sounded better with alpine 100m 150 watter sub amp...

CyberCowboy777

August 19, 2002

Review 5 of 7 , from Washougal, WA USA

Price Paid:  $115.00 from Ebay

2001

Strengths:
Stong Sub - Loud and Clean - Great with a quality amp like my Autotek SX-2150

Weaknesses:
One Kappa Perfect 10.1 is not a SPL setup - Though it rattles my rear view mirror and I can definitly feel the thump. Of course it is way in the trunk of my Mercury Sable - in a smaller car you would feel alot more

Summary:
Awsome Sub - a little louder than my JL Audio 10w3 D4. Good looks and quality sound. Make sure you size your box right - not to big on a sealed box. This sub can take all of the power of my Autotek amp running at 300watt RMS at 4 ohms Bridged - Keep in mind that the Autotek is way under rated and I got scared running my JL 10w3 D4 on it, It would have blow for sure - to much over a long period; that is why I got this Kappa Perfect 10.1

JL Audio 10w3 D4, RF Series 1, JBL 10" sub