Kicker I10

RYAN FLOWERS

August 7, 2001

Review 1 of 4 , from EVANSVILLE

85 S10

Strengths:
STRONG TIGHT BASS AT LOW VOLUME. SOUNDS GOOD WITH ROCK.

Weaknesses:
DISTORTS ON LOW AND HARD BEATS. TAKES A LOT OF TUNING TO PRODUCE GOOD SOUND. IS A PAIN IN THE BUTT FOR AS LITTLE dB AS PRODUCED FOR TWO 10s

Summary:
I HAVENT HAD THES SUBS VERY LONG BUT I THINK THEY ARE JUNK. I HAVE TWO OF THEM AND A 600WATT AMP WITH A PANISONIC DECK. THE ONLY WAY I HAVE HERD THEM SOUND GOOD WAS WITH ROCK, BUT ANY KIND OF MUSIC WITH HARD HITTING BASS DOES NOT SOUND GOOD.I HAD ONE IMAGEDYNAMIC 12 THAT HIT TWICE AS HARD. I HAVE ADJUSTED MY GAINS AND EQ AND CANNOT GET THEM TO HIT HARD. THEY DO SOUND GOOD AT LOWER VOLUME AND ON ROCK MUSIC BUT WITH RAP THE DISTORT ON HARD OR LOW BEATS.I HAVE USED 1.0cf,1.3cf,1.5cf, BOXES BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO REALLY HELP.ALL OF MY SYSTEMS HAVE SOUNDED BETTER THAN IT DOES WITH THESE.

MTX,SOUNDSTREAM SPL 10s, AND PIONNER IMPP,IMAGE DYNAMIC,KICKER SOLOS,KICKER COMPVRS, DIMOND,ILLUSON 12s

Jesse Roberts

July 7, 2001

Review 2 of 4 , from Ishpeming, Michigan, USA

I10

Strengths:
It was very cheap and sure has some power for such a little 10"

Weaknesses:
none that I have found yet and I've had this thing for 5 months now. Now just if I could keep my truck on the road without it breaking down.

Summary:
I have an older Chevy Silverado and I have limited amount of space behind the seat because it is a standard cab. I picked the Kicker sub because it was on sale. I have been impressed ever since then. I was amazed by the power of just one little 10" sub. It kicks out the bass like you wouldn't believe. Its a great subwoofer for the price but there are alot better out there.

I believe that it could keep up with MTX's, Pioneer's, Sony's, and any other 10" subwoofers out there

david

January 15, 2001

6 months to 1 year

Review 3 of 4 , from Columbia, Missouri, USA

Strengths:
Great sound for the price, Deep bass at moderate volume, doesnt need much power to sound good, very durable

Weaknesses:
Distort at much over 100 watts

Summary:
I would recomend these to people who want to fill that missing low end in their system. They sound good and are at a very good price - for Kicker. They dropped the Impulse name for this next year and they are now Comps. The new ones look good, they have the L7 type grill, check it out on their web site. These can pound out some good bass and if you have a little hatchback, like my 240sx. They sound good but they wont shake everything around you. I bought two I10s in a sealed box for $250 and I am selling them for 200 and buying two XPL 12s and a ZR amp. I am a kicker guy personally but look around and build a system to your taste.

None

Brandon

January 14, 2001

6 months to 1 year

Review 4 of 4 , from Hot Springs, SD, USA

Strengths:
There isn't much to like about these subs. Although they are Kicker subs (which I think Kicker is the best by far), they don't have much to them.

Weaknesses:
Can't handle enough watts, Very quick bass, Can't hit real low.

Summary:
If you're looking for a cheap buy, but yet want some really nice bass, go ahead and buy these. If you're the kind of person that likes soft bass, these would be perfect for you. If you want loud bass, go with something bigger, like a Solo Baric L7...

I had 2 Kicker 12" Solo Barics (First ones made, 8 years old), and these are about 1/4 the loudness of the bass of what I had before with the 12's.