Kicker S12L7

S12L7 MSRP: $ 399.00

12 inch subwoofer.

Kevin N

July 20, 2010

Price Paid:  $30.00 from Swap meet (guy didn'

2000 2000 Kicker S12L7

Strengths:
Good loud ass bass from the 2000 model kicker solo baric L7. And hit good in small sealed boxes.

Weaknesses:
Umm none at all!

Summary:
Well I bought this from a swap meet when my caught the sign of the solo baric logo on something....and well I asked the person who was selling how much do they want for it and he said $25 and I thought this a steal of a lifetime!! And I took it and ran off quick and bought a sealed box and hooked it up and wow this woofer hits so hard it's unbelievable!! I hooked it up to my Rockford fosgate punch 40 and none the less I was knocking!! I really recommend the old school kicker solo barics to anyone I know they're not on the market as often but if you find one buy it! Worth every penny!!

To many kicker products and Rockford products

shane needham

May 21, 2006

Price Paid:  $149.00 from hifisoundconnection.

2002 l7 12"

Strengths:
crazy bass.. SUPER VALUE!!

Weaknesses:
takes up all the room behind the seat, knocks the mirrors off if your not careful

Summary:
GREAT SUB!! best i have ever heard at this price. i was playin with my amp settings and my rear veiw mirror fell off! tight, crisp, deep, heart pounding bass. its fueled by a power acoustiks 1200 gothic style amp, and sits in a regular cab truck, takes up all the room behind the seat, but its worth it.

sony 1200 xplod sub (lived up to its name it EXPLODED), lots of lightnin audio(all of it is $hiznit)

jeff2o15

January 31, 2006

Price Paid:  $90.00 from Ebay

1990 Geo Prizm LSI

Strengths:
-Looks great -Sounds Incredible -MONSTER BASS -Very Durable

Weaknesses:
Too much Bass! (Not that that's a problem) Besides that - NOTHING! Go out and buy it!

Summary:
I just purchased a kicker s12l7 - with a l5 ported enclosure and an audiobahn a8000t and these things KICK! I have my - just one - at HALF volume and its INTENSE!!! Unless you want crazy bass you only need one... These are the best subs I have ever seen / used! If you're looking here to know about a sub to purchase - GET THIS ONE - with a ported enclosure - and hook it up to an Audiobahn a8000t - YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED! GUARANTEED!

customsound79

December 29, 2005

Price Paid:  $300.00 from ebay

2003 Kicker S12L7

Strengths:
Strong, Violently Loud, EXTREMELY Reliable Sound amazing in a small sealed box, twice as good an a large ported box

Weaknesses:
Less than average sound quality when thay are pointed right at you (which is almost never the case)

Summary:
You will see that I have reviewed these before after initial purchase. I sold the two I reviewed to by the 2 ohm version to match my new Alpine 900W amps. I drive these subs hard every day and they are still the hardest hitting 12's I've ever heard. The person I sold the 4ohm's to was replacing his 4 Rockford Power Series 12"s, and he couldn't be happier. The day I matched the Alpine MRV-1505 900w amps, the L7s, and a new box, I was tuning my system for 10 seconds before my rear view mirror fell off. I've been pounding the L7's for well over a year now and they have no signs of giving up. Also let me state the fact that I have been a professional commercial A/V designer and installer for many years, so I know my audio. I still find that they lack in SQ but more than make it up in the SPL department. Check out my POS van with the L7's www.cardomain.com/ride/824209

I've tested and installed too many subwoofers to list. In the car audio world, nothing comes close to the brutality of the L7 for the price.

customsound79

August 19, 2004

Price Paid:  $300.00 from ebay

2003 S12L7

Strengths:
HUGE Bass - almost violent Killer looks Massive RMS Could be the loudest small box sub ever Even better on a larger ported box Don't need massive amounts of power to get moving They don't distort, so it's hard to tell if you are pushing them too hard

Weaknesses:
If you build or modify a custom fit box and decide they are not for you, the box is worthless Not the best sound quality

Summary:
Alright, I've had 2 of these for about a week now in a 1 cu.ft. box each with about 40% polyfill. OK. Everyone keeps stating that these need mad power but that's not necesarily true. I had them hooked to a JL 1000/1 and I think the amp was too much for the subs. It was the most impressive bass I've ever heard from such a small box ever! But, don't fear! Due to a baby on the way I had to sell the 1000/1 and all I have sitting arount to push them is an old Sony XM-972X wich is rated at 300 watts at 2 ohms bridged. I have them a 4 ohms and They still deliver enought to rattle my truck! The best part is that they still have 1 more week of break-in time so it can only better. The raw power of these subs deducts a few points from the SQ which is a big deal to me but I can live with it. If you have the money, I'd definitely give these monsters a try!

Audiobahn Flame Q 12's (OK, but don't come close) Audiobahn Natural Sound 10's (If you're broke, these little cheap puppies slam) Audiobahn ALUM12's (Great SQ, minimal punch)