MTX Audio Thunder 6000

More products from MTX Audio >>
Thunder 6000 MSRP: $

These new subwoofers were designed to play DEEP, LOW, BASS in a variety of enclosures: sealed, vented or bandpass. With 4, 8, or 12 ohm impedance options, the installation possibilities are virtually endless.

Jason

October 28, 2013

Price Paid:  $200.00 from Friend

2001 MTX Thunder 6000 15 inch

Strengths:
Very strong voice coils, large magnet, 750 watts per sub is nothing to be upset with. Also, they just look great. Long throw. 4 ohms, so with two of them and a two channel amp you can run 2,4,or 8 ohms. Lots of versatility, get max sound, max quality or right in between.

Weaknesses:
only one voice coil.
Had to take them out of my truck because I couldn't fit them under the seat of my Dodge Ram 1500

Summary:
had my 2 15inch thunder 6000's in my dodge ram 1500 on a semi decent old power acoustic. Now, i had a 400 watt peak amp on two subs rated at 750 watts apiece in a small sealed enclosure. I had window and door panel flex like crazy and hit 110 decibels, under-powered, in a small box, and a vehicle with limited airspace. Then I put the in my friends Subaru Outback. On a piece of crap boss amp in the same box i passed 130 decibels, because of the shape and airspace of the car. I personally watched them literally blow the trunk of a honda civic open. These are rediculous subs. fully powered with a GOOD QUALITY AMP!!!! you will see insane quality with these. I will not sell mine to anyone because I have become so attached to them. If you are on the fence about buying thunder 6000's get off the fence and buy them.

1. JL 15w6 DVC - fantastic subs. Louder than the MTX's because their DVC
2. Memphis 124d - they have a carbon fiber cone and they are loud. almost can compete with the MTX 15's
3. Used the 2 15 inch JL 15w6's at the same time as the MTS 15s and I had a lot of trouble breathing in the vehicle because it compressed my chest so much
4. 12 inch Rockford Fosgate Punch's - good intro sub, doesn't compete with the others listed so far.
5. had 6 12inch FLI 12TA's - had one amp per two subs and it was pointless. for six twelves it wasn't very loud and even with a 4 farad capacitor I still blew my alternator (should've expected that I guess) Not good subs, don't buy them

masternate

October 10, 2011

Price Paid:  $50.00 from Pawn shop

2006 MTX 6000

Strengths:
These subs are decent for the price. I have one powered by a sh!tty lightning audio 250w rms amp and it sounds ok.

Weaknesses:
Distorts like mad when played loud. Put your tongue between your lips and blow if you want to hear how these subs sound when played loud. (This could PARTLY be because of the sh!tty amp)

These subs don't get very low. I'm guessing about 30hz.

Not terribly accurate.(could be the amp)

Summary:
Good sound for the money. I bought 2 at a pawn shop for $100 and they came with boxes. I am currently only using one. I have $75 into it (amp,sub&box) and I am pretty sure that I got $75 worth of bass. I can't ask for more than that.

roy

January 31, 2011

Price Paid:  $130.00 from criagslist

2008 10in mtx thunder

Strengths:
i have 3 10in mtx thunders in a ported box hooked up to a 1200w legacy amp and to be honest there bumping pretty good, i didnt expect it out of them but yeah they seem to be doing very good, amlost match my bois 2 12in kicker cvs in a ported

Weaknesses:
hvnt noticed one yt

Summary:
great sub for a cheap price, durablly enough to get your moneys worth n then some

Austin Tanner

November 13, 2009

Price Paid:  $200.00 from friend

2000 thunder 6000

Strengths:
loud

Weaknesses:
audio coils distort sound and it sounds bad

Summary:
its great. loud and beats hard i got a Alpine MRP-M1000 amp running to it in a ported box i made. i also have the 7 inch touchscreen jensen.

2 12 inch alpine type r and 4000 watt class D hifonics amp

chow_main

May 13, 2009

Price Paid:  $400.00 from Future Shop

2001 MTX Thunder 6000

Strengths:
Sound amazing. Hits great. Definatly worth it

Weaknesses:
None so far.

Summary:
Great subs! I have 2 running off a 2 channel 1000watt amplifier...in a homemade ported box that goes behind the seat of a single cab 95' chevy pickup.

Much better than 2 12" Kenwood Typhoon's