Nakamichi SP-W120 Subwoofer

dan

September 25, 2006

Price Paid:  $40.00 from 2005

nakamichi ts-w120

Summary:
wonderfull bass whit 200 watts rms

pioneer

fatcar68

October 13, 2002

Review 2 of 13 , from San Antonio TX

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer

Strengths:
very clean bass, very deep bass.

Weaknesses:
I have only had these subs for a few days so I am unsure of how long they will last with the abuse they will recieve.

Summary:
I went to this little store and asked for some JL W-O 12's. The guy said those were high quality and they didn't carry them. He said the Nakamichi's were the best he had so I bought them. I had not even heard of them before. I would have to say that these Nakamichi's hit cleaner and harder then the JL's. They were also cheaper then JL's. I have a Power Acoustik 820 amp bridged powering the subs and it works great. If you are looking for a sub that will sound great no matter what music you listen to then this would be a good choice. I listen to "screw" music and with other subs the bass can sometimes get distorted, the nakamichi subs handle the bass well and does not distort. These have been the best subs I've heard screw music on. I did think the price was a little steep, but it was still worth it (if they last).

PPI and JL Audio.

stronty

February 10, 2002

Review 3 of 13 , from birdsboro

Price Paid:  $90.00 from ebay

98/isuzu troopoer

Strengths:
very clear at times when playing industrial music... doesn''''t overpower your other speakers..

Weaknesses:
sometimes sound gets harsh... think a ported setup would solve this

Summary:
have had these 2 12in nak for almost 3 months now in .85 cf sealed box... good sound however a ported box would probably sound better... when I play front 242 it sounds like there is a drummer in my trooper... metallic sounds like a bass drum are reproduced faithfully. These subs are amazing at times with super detailed bass... other times they get a little muddy.. i''''m constantly varying the level with my remote lpl knob... i''''m powering them with 2 channels of a 4 ch phoenix gold Tantrum 600w

jensen...crap.... 10 inch paper vega''''s souded decent.... infinity Beta- boomy

elimin8r1

December 4, 2001

Review 4 of 13 , from Vermont

sp-w120

Strengths:
Best SQ of any sub i''ve heard.

Weaknesses:
Doesn''t go extremely loud.

Summary:
Amazing sub if you like sq. I''m running 200w rms to it and it gets loud, but not loud enough to shatter windows or anything. I''m getting rid of mine because of that, i love the tight base response and the solid hits, but it just doesn''t get the volume a 17 year old needs. I''m going for a pair of Orion XTR Pro 10D dual voice coil subs because hopefully the 10" will keep me a lot of the quality and the 500w rms power handling of these will let me pound the hell out of them.

dual 12" Boston Acoustics (these are loud and solid until you get about 200w going through them, then they get a little shaky and the quality goes up, but they go loud), Rockford (about 4 different ty

Kevin

June 26, 2001

Review 5 of 13 , from Fernandina, FL, USA

2000 Nak. spw-120

Strengths:
The best SQ on the market! No Distortion! No Rattle!

Weaknesses:
Won't shatter glass...

Summary:
I have two of these Nak. 12's in my 2001 Sonoma extended cab. They are perfect for what I like. They can produce just enough Bass if I want to listen to some Beasie Boys or more tipical of me produce the Best SQ possible for Blues, Classical, etc. They WILL not distort. They CAN hit all the low notes. I have an awsome sytem that wont make me look like a vibrating fool at a red light. They look great powered by my turned down Power Acoustic Fire and Ice 1600. I am running only around 200watts to them.

Pioneer Priemier, Rockford, Cerwin Vega, Diamond Audio