XTANT X1244

More products from XTANT >>
X1244 MSRP: $ 349.00

Xtant 12"" X Series Mobile Subwoofer - X1244/ Dual 4 Ohm Impedance/ 500 Watts/ 27-150 Hz Frequency Response/ 2.5"" Voice Coil Diameter

Equillibrium88

August 31, 2014

Price Paid:  $400.00 from Stero Electronics Pl

2010 Type X 10" 4 ohm

Strengths:
Well designed.
Great voice coil cooling techniques.
Looks awesome.
Great sound quality.
Sounds great if the enclosure is designed properly.
Low excursion-meant for SQ.

Weaknesses:
Sub does not have woven tinsel leads therefore lead slap occurs at high excursion.
Does not pound as much as some people say.
They are not cheap!

Summary:
Both of my subs failed due to lead-slap. I owned the one for 1.5 years before it died and the second I got 3 years out of before it blew. In spite of that I would still buy Xtant again. I think the X2 fixes the tinsel lead issue and it just an all-round vast improvement of the X1.

Eclipse SW8210 x 2

datniggaant

December 17, 2010

Price Paid:  $0.00 from friends crib

2010 sub

Summary:
i got a mint xtant 12" sub and im sellin it for 45 $ call or text at 4019547690 have to come to me in prov.

Andrew

November 16, 2010

Price Paid:  $90.00 from eBay

Xtant X1244

Strengths:
High Xmax, Hits VERY Low for a 12", well constructed, high rated power handling.

Weaknesses:
It doesn't have one.

Summary:
This subwoofer friggin' SLAMS! The specs: DVC 4-Ohm, 500w RMS/2000w MAX. I have a custom made 1.5 cu ft. sealed enclosure and am powering this sub with my JL 500/1....and man....after 2 days of adjusting the settings on my amp and fine tuning everything this sub POUNDS!! This is by far, the best amp/sub combo I have ever owned. This thing moves plenty of air...I can only imagine how it would hit in a ported enclsoure. Like someonelse said, these are very rare to find, especially in a 12" size...I see a few 10" out there on eBay. AMAZING SUB! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Xtant X124

TJ Mobile Audio

April 10, 2009

Price Paid:  $80.00 from eBay

X1244

Strengths:
SQ, power handling, style, excursion, low-end extension, versatility, adequate in small sealed enclosures.

Weaknesses:
Very rare, requires very large & carefully designed enclosures for maximum output.

Summary:
I've been installing since 2003 & own TJ Mobile Audio, a small local install shop, and I must say this is one of the nicest sounding 12" subs I've heard in a while. I designed and installed several systems with 10" Xtant subwoofers in the past, and was always impressed by the power handling & smooth frequency response of their 10s. About a year ago, I saw a 12" Xtant on eBay, and snatched it up.

This speaker is not designed as an SPL woofer, but it can go very loud. When I demo my system, I am frequently asked how many subs I have in the trunk, no one suspects a single 12.

I've been impressed with the speaker's versatility - I've run it in sealed boxes as small as 1.0 CF, and ported boxes as large as 3.4 CF, always with satisfactory results. A note for those who might build large ported boxes, you will need a very long port to achieve proper tuning. The port in my 3.4 CF slot-ported box is 48" long to achieve the desired 28 Hz. tuning. Anyone complaining about degraded output in high-output boxes needs more practice.

As for power handling, I've been running mine at 900 watts RMS for a year, with no problems whatsoever. 500 watts RMS would be adequate, but I would not recommend any amp smaller than 450 watts RMS. You need tons of clean power to get the most impressive SQ and SPL out of this speaker.

Now, good luck finding one, these are becoming increasingly rare. All I can find anymore are 10" Xtants, supposedly Xtant has a new product line but their website states "there are currently no dealers available." Come on Mitek, or MTX, get your act together! Don't let a legendary line like Xtant die!

Last I checked, Xtant will recone any damaged woofer for about $130 or $140, a steal given the original $400 price tag.

JL W7, Alpine Type-R

Mike Audio

March 18, 2009

Strengths:
Cheap on line, decent sub

Weaknesses:
nothing special, sound horrible in a H.O. box, scratchy noise on high volume levels, rms power very low and max power will metyl speaker before it reaches maximum output

Summary:
I am a professional installer (used to be at cartoys) I have a lot of experience with these, The fanboys above do not know what they are talking about, decent sub but a gimick and no where near amazing..