Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell

More products from Turtle Wax >>
Super Hard Shell MSRP: $

IDEAL FOR CLEAR COAT CARS - Many cars since 1980 have utilized a new paint process called clear coat. This clear coat top layer of your car's finish does not contain any color. It's this clear coat that adds durability and brilliance to the shine of a car. Clear coats require a special formula in order to provide the perfect shine. Turtle Wax® Super Hard Shell® car wax is the ideal car wax for your clear coat car .

Craig

October 6, 2014

Strengths:
Easy on

Weaknesses:
Hard to rub off.

Summary:
Hopefully it lasts for a long time.

Meguiar's

garcigar

May 29, 2009

2007 Kia Rondo

Strengths:
Hard shell protection, just like they say.
Stays clear and lasts long.
Easy to apply
Great beading

Weaknesses:
Two coats for a higher shine, though the shine with one coat is OK too. will leave white marks on flat black, but they almost all do.

Summary:
My dad told me to use Castrol oil or Valvoline and to always use Turtle Wax. I have done both. I have used Turtle Wax for more than 35 years and never had a problem. Put one coat on, wait 1 to 2 weeks add a 2nd coat and your good to go for about 6 months, sometimes more. I use the liquid, it is easier. My dad used it on our Packards, Hudson, Buicks, everything. I have tried the expensive stuff and much of it is not nearly as good. Some of it is, but why pay more than Turtle Wax costs. It lasts, works well on clear coats and holds up in our 100+ degree Summers and through monsoon rains.

You can spend more but you won't get a better wax to protect your car. you might get some glossier shines, but the hard shell protection is what I care about and with 2 coats you get a great shine.

Turtle Wax has served me well for every car I have had. Again i have tried others, but never been happy like my old Turtle Wax.

Just about all of them.

chevy_0500

April 15, 2009

Strengths:
Quality finish, great shine, and exceptional durability!!

Weaknesses:
Idiotic reviewers that probably applied it with sand paper!!

Summary:
I've been using the original turtle Wax super hard shell wax since 1992. My grandfather has since the 1950's. Time and time again this high quality product has really proved to be among the best. Years ago a television show had ran a Plymouth Reliant through 52 car washes. Prism spray wax on one corner of the hood (no longer sold) it faded away, Meguiar's on another corner (beaded slightly) Blue Coral (slight beading) and Turtle Wax (full beading). The Turtle had outlasted them all! I'm not surprised! I have a red Cavalier, notorious for clear coat fade as well as paint peeling (G.M. quality) But not mine!! After 9 years outside, my red Chevrolet paint job is still really shiny. Don't be put off by those stupid negative reviews. People probably are sold on the propaganda for a $20 to $50 can or bottle of wax with some funky expensive sounding name. The Turtle is usually under $4 It has worked well for me and all of my 5 cars!!

Nu Finish (so so, mediocre shine) Mothers California Gold (another favorite) Meguiars (not bad) Simoniz silicone formula(ok) Blue Coral(great shine!) Zymol(expensive)

jmk

May 26, 2007

Honda

Strengths:
-long lasting (at least 4 months for me)
-deep shine
-easy to apply (paste)
-inexpensive

Weaknesses:
-adding another layer won't make it more shiny
-a little hard to get it off (paste)

Summary:
I'm pretty pleased with Turtle Wax. I've been using the paste (not the liquid) for a while and it works pretty well. My Honda is a magnesium (grey metalic) color, and Turtle Wax really makes it shine and give the paint depth.

I usually keep the wax on for about 4 months, then I strip it off and re-apply it.
Rain water still beads after 4 months, so I don't know why some people wrote that Turtle Wax will come off in a week. I also don't see how it could produce paint bubles or dry out the paint?

I live in the Chicagoland area so the air quality isn't the best, and my car is rarely in the garage - most of the time it's parked outside. Turle Wax still manages to stay on the car for at least 4 months.

P.S. I Meguair's car wash concentrate which won't strip the wax. I wash my car every other week.

BOTTOM LINE: If you just want a nice deep shine and good protection for a few months at a time, without spending too much money (about $3), Turtle Wax is a very good choice.
If you love detailing cars and need a show-car-quality shine, try something more expensive (Zaino).

Jeffrey Noir

July 24, 2006

2003 Mercedes ML350

Strengths:
Use it in your garden to kill weeds.

Weaknesses:
Not much actual wax in this wax- very, very watered down ingredients.

Summary:
Wow. Cannot believe what garbage Turtle Wax is. Has an almost water like consistency to it. Bottom line: You get what you pay for. This is Walmart grade garbage for the masses. If you want pro results stick with Mother's or Maguire's.

Mother's and Maguire's.