Flowmaster 30 Series Muffler

More products from Flowmaster >>
30 Series Muffler MSRP: $

Deep, powerful tone. The sound level is a little quieter than the 50 Series outside of the vehicle, but with more of the Flowmaster sound. The combination of added volume and the unique Low Pressure Balance Chamber creates a larger low pressure area behind the Power Chamber™ than the 50 Series muffler. This leads to better scavenging of exhaust gases, and a sound that is unique to the 30 Series. - High Performance Street/Strip Applications
- Late Model Trucks with single exhaust and catalytic converters
- Trucks with dual exhaust

Paul

July 23, 2003

Price Paid:  $100.00 from Summit Racing

93 Jeep Wrangler

Strengths:
Throaty V8 rumble. Nice deep full sound. Turns heads all the time. You can hear it but it's not load and annouying on long trips. Sounds great when downshifting.. like a big block.

Weaknesses:
none

Summary:
I have one on my 4.0L 2.5" inlet/outlet with pacesetter headers, catco highflow cat, and custom 2.5" piping. Sounds awsome.

40 series 50 series

Eric Froistad

March 2, 2003

Review 2 of 10 , from San Diego, CA, USA

Price Paid:  $200.00 from Ed Hansens Muffler S

1995 Tacoma 2.4L

Strengths:
Ear numbing loud. If you like that.

Weaknesses:
Hurts your ears when driving next to a hill or embankment. Drony sound. Did little for performance. No noticeable difference with mileage. Fairly quiet at idle and certain RPMs

Summary:
My least favorite of the flowmaster line. This was recommended for pickups so I chose it last minute. Sounds like a loud purr. The 2.25" Mandrel bent cat-back pipes can probably take credit for the performance gain.

DynoMax Super Turbo - Smoother tone but only when warmed up. (V6 3.0L) Cherry Bomb - Fun muffler on (2.0 4 cyl) Straight pipe - Also fun with smaller motors (1.6L 4 cyl)

liltrucker

December 18, 2002

Price Paid:  $90.00 from Jett Auto Glass

1987/mazda

Strengths:
Slight increase in power. Good throaty, deep sound.

Weaknesses:
The only two negative things I noticed was that there was precisely dill in the area of gas mileage increase. The ad said I would get better mileage, bull! The other thing was, after going into higher rpms you can smell the muffler burning for the first week or so. Mechanic said I was burning the paint off.

Summary:
Good value. Does a lot for the price. I always liked the sound my pickup made and after I put on this muffler I revved the engine for some friends and all I got were thumbs up.

This is my first performance muffler.

dave jones

December 10, 2001

Review 4 of 10 , from oakville, ontario, canada

Price Paid:  $330.00 from performance improvem

1950

Strengths:
Nice sound at both high RPM and low RPM

Weaknesses:
None yet

Summary:
Let me start by saying Flomaster kicks ass. I have a 1950 GMC pickup powered by a fuel injected 350. The mufflers I chose were 40 series. This series muffler is perfect for this application, it not only gives you power, it gives a nice sound at low RPM and at high RPM. I also like the fact that you can hear yourself talk inside the cab without having to yell. All in all I feel that Flomaster is the best on the market

None

Tony

June 27, 2001

Review 5 of 10 , from Caribou, Maine, USA

1996 Grand Prix GTP

Strengths:
If you wanna turn heads, just burp it when you are in a crowd of people, believe me, they WILL hear...

Weaknesses:
Drones like a mofo at lower RPMs, gotta wear ear plugs?

Summary:
God damn... what a difference... I used to have the weak OEM mufflers, didnt hear a thing... then I got the golden turbo's from MIDAS... sounded good and i thought it was loud... but now I got the Flowmaster 40's... what can I say... i just hope I dont get pulled over by da COPS! This mofo is loud loud and resonates like a mofo.

OEM mufflers- sucks a lot
Golden Turbos- sucks a little