Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler

More products from Flowmaster >>
40 Series Muffler MSRP: $

The most aggressive-sounding street and strip muffler in the Flowmaster product line. The 40 Series generates a powerful, aggressive sound outside the vehicle. If you are looking for the traditional Flowmaster sound, the 40 Series offers more of it than any other muffler. The 40 Series generates interior resonance within the vehicle as well, so if you want to really hear your exhaust system inside the vehicle as well as outside it, the 40 Series is for you.
- Off Road/Race applications
- Early and Late-model street/strip vehicles with or without catalytic convertersVehicles with dual exhaust

B00ne

March 25, 2011

2001 Ram 2500

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
Interior drone, bad sound outside

Summary:
I bought a 40 series single in/dual out muffler for my ram 2500 5.9l v8. I hate it. The interior drone is unbearable. I can hardly hear myself think, let alone try to have a conversation with a friend. The exterior noise is not nice sounding. It made my v8 sound like a v6. It sounds very hollow, not a nice deep tone.

gunnar

February 7, 2011

1995 ford f150 300 inline 6 cylinder

Summary:
i have a 1995 ford f150 inline 6 cylinder and ive heard that flowmaster 40s sound crappy on inline engines, is this true? if so what would u recommend instead? please email me at d_gun_man@yahoo.com
thanks

clx01

September 29, 2010

Price Paid:  $160.00 from Sandhills Parts &Ser

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab

Strengths:
Muffler increases the sound level of my exhaust dramatically. It also improved my mpg. You definitely know when I'm coming your way now. My truck sounds like a true BEAST now.

Weaknesses:
None noticed

Summary:
I am really pleased with this system. I was pleased from the first time I turned the key. If a person wants that true deep rumble, it is found in the 40 series.

chevyboy

September 14, 2010

Price Paid:  $120.00 from ebay

2000 chevy silverado

Strengths:
BETTER MPG

Weaknesses:
NOTHING

Summary:
GREAT MUFFLER BOUGHT FOR ALL MY VEHICLES AND ALL MPG IMPROVES GREAT QUALITY SOUND GOOD NOT TO LOUD BUT MAKES YOUR TRUCK SOUND GOOD

Bronelle

July 23, 2010

Price Paid:  $85.00 from Inglewood Mufflers

2006 Nissan Titan

Strengths:
Has that deep rumble at idle.

Weaknesses:
None

Summary:
Was parked on the lower level of the garage when leaving the gym. Put the key in the ignition and tapped the pedal. 3-4 car alarms were setoff. That let me know I had the right product. One of my friends told me that it sounds like a bunch of GORILLAS trying to get from out under the hood.