Flowtech Terminator Muffler

More products from Flowtech >>
Terminator Muffler MSRP: $

The TERMINATOR features the most AWESOME SOUND in the industry. A small block Chevy or 5.0L Mustang motor actually has that unique BARK associated with a quick crack of the throttle. The sound of the TERMINATOR can only be described as AWESOME. The TERMINATOR is constructed entirely of suoer thick aluminized steel and features inner pass tubes so big that you will have to keep your pets away from it. And yes, it is FULLY WELDED inside and out.

lkn speed

April 8, 2008

Price Paid:  $50.00 from mail order

67 chevelle, 85 mustang gt 5.0

Strengths:
heavy case construction, excellent quality. nearly bulletproof! AWESOME sound, deep, 'gurgly', AGGRESSIVE "dont F*** with me" sound!!!

Weaknesses:
heavy inlet/outlets- clamps nearly impossible to use. should be welded to pipes. 15 pound mufflers- heavy for ones looking to reduce weight.

Summary:
Flowtech tech says..."you need to have some serious air going thru these mufflers to have them sound good." a restriction (cat, etc..) and/or small engine will not sound as well. VERY true!! Installed the terminator mufflers on my 85 mustang GT. These cars were originally equipped with a single cat, which split into 2 mufflers and tailpipes. The sound was deeper, but not much louder than stock. I was disappointed, UNTIL I added a set of headers and offroad H pipe. the sound was incredible! nasty bark when you crack the throttle, and a nice deep rumble. Power is great also. These are also on my fathers 67 chevelle SS396- which has a lumpy cam, but factory exhaust....even stock manifolds. its a true musclecar sound- deep rumble, and REALLY barks when you get on it! quite loud actually. overall excellent quality and sound!

flowmaster 40 series
cherry bomb extreme

Davinator61

June 26, 2006

Price Paid:  $60.00 from Schuck's Auto Supply

1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4.0l

Strengths:
Deep, rich exhaust note at idle & up.
Excellent flow patern through muffler case.
Built like a tank & welded throughout.
Excellent value-for-money.

Weaknesses:
Reduces bottom-end torque & fuel economy by up to 20% when coupled with an after-market header.

Summary:
I bought the Bad Boy as a replacement/upgrade for the stock muffler along with a 5' length of 2.5" dia. stainless steel for a tailpipe. First off I noticed was a deeper, richer sound at idle that resonated throughout the interior of my vehicle. Cool. But the trade-off was a reduction in bottom-end torque & fuel economy, once the new after-market header(Doug Thorley) was installed. This, however, can be compesated for by installing a muffler with a smaller inlet & outlet as well as a matching smaller diameter flextube tailpipe. It sure is well-built for the low price and definitely lives up to its "15 pounds of fury" hype. When I replace it with the smaller inlet/outlet version, I think I'll be able to get half of my initial investment back when I sell the current Terminator to one of my "Speed-Freak" friends. A win-win situation for me, maybe.

Stock turbo muffler(good on bottom-end & fuel economy, sucks on upper-end, sound & durability.

johnnymopar

September 18, 2005

Price Paid:  $54.00 from Jegs

1994 Dodge Dakota 3.9 V6 - 5 speed

Strengths:
Great performance gain. Nice crack at start up. Lowwww Drone at idle. Makes a V8 out of your V6. Sets off rice burner alarms just by idling by. Turns heads especially at start up. SUPER construction, no rust and strong! Priced way better than the competition and a much better product!

Weaknesses:
NONE!

Summary:
Had the 2.5" Terminator welded on after the stock cat. No tailpipe, just muffler. NICE sound! LOUD, Lowwww drone and vibration that loosens your earwax & sets alarms off by idling or at start up. Nice crack when key is turned and motor kicks over. Most people think its a V8. Over 100,000 miles and still like new. Installed on truck when I rolled it off the lot. Great performance gains, 15.3 in quarter mile with K&N & muffler. Faster than my stock Dakota R/T 5.9 V8.

Flowmaster, Magnaflow.

SactoCivic

October 16, 2004

Price Paid:  $50.00 from PepBoys

Terminator Muffler by FlowTech

Strengths:
Great Sound, Tough construction

Weaknesses:
Have yet to find one

Summary:
I love this muffler! It doesn't sound hollow like Brand "F". In fact when I had it on my Jeep Cherokee people thought I had swapped in a V-8. And on my Honda Civic it sounds very similar to my neighbors brand new Dodge Viper SRT-10. I have guys pull up next to me on the street in their import and rev their motor and I laugh at them and their coffee can muffler that sounds like a pissed off Bee. Then I rev My motor and they look at me in amazement when mine has a nice deep rumble.

James Wills

April 26, 2003

Review 5 of 25 , from Atlanta, Ga

Price Paid:  $70.00 from Advanced Auto

1991 Camaro RS. V8

Strengths:
Deep sound, Heavy contruction offers a larger 3 inch inlets and out lets on some.

Weaknesses:
Not Stainless Steel

Summary:
Excellent Muffler, If you like Flowmaster you will like Terminators.I went from the Flowmaster 80Series and was surprised at how close the sound was, It was a bit deeper but that depends on the length of your exit pipe. The shorter the louder and deeper. I like loud, deep exhaust sound. It aloso depend on you motor. Don't expect a 305 to sound like 454 big blow. The larger pipe set the deeper the sound. This may great on one car and crappy on another.

Flowmasters 40 and 80 series