Magnaflow Universal Fit Mufflers

More products from Magnaflow >>
Universal Fit Mufflers MSRP: $

Universal fit performance mufflers.

marc798@yahoo.com

May 1, 2010

Price Paid:  $0.00 from summit racing

2004 pontiac grand prix gt

Strengths:
nice sound at idle on my v6 looks great under the car

Weaknesses:
not getting the sound im looking for sounds to drone for me more loud than a rumble im looking for a nice rumble when i hit the gas it sounds to much like a can sound not that deep sound im looking for

Summary:
please help me figure out what i can do to get the rumble sound im looking for this is my third set of mufflers i have put on this car still not what im looking for any ideas please send them to me please mvfree@sbcglobal.net

Dennis

April 13, 2007

Price Paid:  $200.00 from B&B Muffler

2007 Chevy Tahoe

Strengths:
nice sound

Weaknesses:
no noticeable gains in power or mileage

Summary:
magnaflow universal (122589) nice sound, no inside drone, just right.... really like the sound and build quality. No noticeable increases in power or MPG.... Reasonable price for what appears to be quality exhaust

glasspack type mufflers

g-man99

October 10, 2006

1999 Ford crown vic

Strengths:
great sound, nice looks, stainless steel won't rust.

Weaknesses:
maybe a little too quiet at idle, but that could be because my car has 4 cats!

Summary:
I just had two of these universal fit mufflers welded on and am amazed at the sound! They are nice and mellow at idle and sound fantastic when the revs get up. I was very worried about getting a muffler that would be too loud since this is my daily driver and thats why I passed on flowmaster 50 series mufflers and I'm glad I did.

flowmaster, dynomax, thrush

Thomas

May 10, 2006

Price Paid:  $60.00 from bought off a friend

2003 magnaflow universal muffler

Strengths:
Loud when you floor it, quiet when ur just cruising. Little bit of extra power, MUCH better gas mileage, i gained an extra 20-40 miles per tank. i bought it from a friend for only $60, can't beat that.

Weaknesses:
doesn't quite fit right on my truck so if you look at my truck from a distance you can see muffler poking out of the bottom of my truck, it doesn't affect my clearance for offraoding though, just looks dorky.

Summary:
I had this thing welded onto my 2003 Ford Ranger Edge, 2WD with a 3 liter v6 engine. It really helped with the sound. I installed a muffler tip with baffles to help keep it from sounding too loud. At idle it has that quiet yet intimidating pur that sounds pretty nice. When I rev it it sounds really good. Sort of a good mix between rice burner and a big V8, not too much like a fart can, but at the same time it doesn't sound like a dragster. My friend has a subuurban with a big V8 and loud exhaust, its sounds awsome but its a cop magnet. Cops wont even give me a second glance. I also installed a homemade ram-air system that made it even louder and more agressive, but only when i floor it and the air intake valve opens all the way up. There was a little bit of torque and high end power gained. It dose seem like i'm going faster but i think that's just because it sounds like i'm going fast. Overall i really like the product.

non

skibum1989

July 27, 2005

Price Paid:  $120.00 from local muffler shop

1995 Ford Explorer V6

Strengths:
Masculine V8 rumble Restriction free Improves gas milege

Weaknesses:
Would not reccomend for people who rev their engine over 3000 RPMs for an extended amound of time.

Summary:
This muffler is exactly what my explorer needed. My V6 sounds like a deep V8 and it is not an overpowering or annoying noise. At startup, the magnaflow muffler purrs powerfully and even at idle it has the deep rumble. At 2000 RPM you start to hear the muffler wake up, and the growling noise can be slightly heard inside the cabin with windows rolled up. At 3000 RPM the muffler becomes rather noisy, and interior drone is heard. It is not a high pitched 'rice' noise, it is that deep V8 rumble I was looking for. I have never heard my muffler make a crackling noise that is symbolic to the 'high performance' mufflers, I find it very annoying anyways. If you were to drive consistantly over 3000 RPMs, you would probably get a headache from the noise. Luckily, I do most of my driving under 3000 RPMs so I dont hear this unless I step on it passing someone or going up a hill. On the highway it sounds just like my stock muffler, exept of course when I accelerate quickly. As far as power is concerned, I haven't noticed a huge difference in power. There is definitely a slight improvement in HP, but it is not that noticible. The magnaflow muffler is a strait-through muffler, so it's pretty much at the limit of muffler performance. It has no chambers, mazes, or baffles to go through, just 1 tube. Most strait-through mufflers sound VERY loud, but the magnaflow muffler really isn't annoying at all. I have heard gibson and dynomax strait through mufflers, and for that same level of performance, the magnaflow is the most quiet.

Stock