Powerdyne Superchargers

More products from Powerdyne >>
Superchargers MSRP: $

The POWERDYNE Power-Plus Centrifugal Supercharger will provide 40 to 50% more delivered horsepower and torque and do it efficiently, reliably and quietly with no loss of driveability or daily ease of operation. You can substantially increase your vehicle's quarter-mile acceleration. This rugged supercharger's precision construction and the exclusive POWERDYNE SilentDrive cog-belt internal drive assures full high speed performance at all RPMs along with outstanding reliability and quiet operation.

TSP racing

February 27, 2016

Price Paid:  $5000.00 from Keystone

1996 1500

Strengths:
Premature bearing failure

Weaknesses:
Bearings and internal belt

Summary:
Biggest waste of money, driving from Canada to USA to renew NHRA license .Supercharger failed while towing Pro Stock Camaro. Had a second unit shipped to Wisconsin, changed over and second unit failed after 300 miles of driving.

ProCharger installed and haven't had any issues since.

Jophus

April 24, 2013

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Came on Vehicle

2003 Cadillac Escalade BD11-A

Strengths:
Easy to remove-Install. Not sure if something sounds right? pop the belt off, and keep going. strong performance, many upgrade options.

Weaknesses:
Receives a lot of bad reviews. Most people hear supercharger, they think Race, A belt driven supercharger is not made for the strip.

Summary:
My BD11-A came on my Escalade from the factory. Cadillac Escalade XS-500, Google if you dont believe. When the second owner bought at 60,000 miles the charger needed bearings. I am not sure where he sent it to be rebuilt, but it did not last long after that. at about 80,000 miles the belt and tensioner were removed, and it was not touched for nearly two years. When I bought the vehicle, I sent it in to Superchargerrebuild.com, got the upgraded bearing service, belt and aftermarket billet impeller. I found a tensioner from 928motorsports, and a belt from local auto store, took maybe 20 minutes to install. First test drive, and the extra boost was evident. blew off my air intake, at 4000RPM. Boost used to start coming in at almost 3000RPM, now it starts at 1700RPM, no joke, 60 miles an hour, let off the gas, and it howls! This can be a good product when taken care of correctly. Remember, you get what you pay for. Dont try to save a couple bucks, it will cost you in the end. Whines like a ProCharger now too. No one has beleived it is a Powerdyne till they saw it. This is a great upgrade for Street applications. just dont abuse it, and you can enjoy it for much longer. Great for Trucks, SUV, and Larger, slower Vehicles.
With the proper Tune, My truck is producing almost 600HP now, from the Stock 345.

Chad

May 21, 2011

Price Paid:  $900.00 from Ebay

1994 Mustang Cobra

Strengths:
It's been perfectly reliable. Used it for about 20,000 miles.

Weaknesses:
*Needs better way to tighten the belts.
*Company no longer in business?

Summary:
This kit has worked great for me. It has been hassle free unlike some other turbo kits I've ran on other cars.

Michael J.

May 2, 2011

Price Paid:  $1500.00 from eBay

1995 BD-11A

Strengths:
Billet impeller for Powerdyne www. Supercharger Rebuild .com , good quality, price, quick turn around

Weaknesses:
NONE

Summary:
I bought a used BD11A kit off of ebay about a year ago to use on my 1995 Mustang Cobra. It ran ok stock, but I wanted more boost, so I decided to send it to www.SuperchargerRebuilds.com to have him rebuild it with the Ceramic bearings and billet impeller and man was I impressed! This thing immediately pulls much harder off the line, starting down at about 4 psi, at an amazingly low 2000rpm, whereas before that boost didn't really come on until almost 4000rpm, and it pulls all the way up to 10 psi at 6000! I've used it for about a year now and still going strong! It was an excellent deal and turn around was just 1 week! Super job guys!

Powerdyne XB-1A

brad

July 10, 2010

Strengths:
cheap

Weaknesses:
belt driven and superchargerrebuild.com

Summary:
Warning! If your thinking about sending your sc to superchargerrebuild think twice!!!

This is a factual testimonial from the work performed @ www.superchargerrebuild.com owner Todd manes) supercharger rebuild gone bad
CHECK OUT YOUTUBE VID

First off my BMW 540I was my baby, with the brembo big brake kit to bilstien sport suspension to & UUC clutch with JB racing flywheel. High boost tuning, a lot of time effort & cash went in to my BMW. Ironically my water to air cooler came a day to late...(the cooler would of stopped the impeller debris from entering and destroying my M62 engine!

I had a problem with supercharger rebuilds service from the get go, when I finley got my powerdyne back from Todd the box that contained my SC unit looked like it got hit by a train. I then ordered a smaller pulley from him and they could not even get that right < sent me the same size pulley that had. He sent a 2.93 I ordered a 2.70 and his pulley had damage on the ribs , so if it was used it would tare up a good gates belt6 in no time, after refund ( in his words, “ you can barley see the damage to the ribs.” (are you kidding me Todd? if the belt ribs have any damage it will fff up your expensive drive belts. WTF?
Less then a week later…

It was to hot in PHX AZ to do a hot lap and do a pull on my bimmer with out a intercooler, so I drove to my cabin in higher elevations with cooler air to be safe, so I thought. I was up in the White Mountains in AZ @ 7000+ elevation on a cold evening when I did the pull which ended the whole deal.(3nd gear @ 5-6 lbs boost it went pop! I immediately took my foot of the pedal but the damage was done the metal from impeller lodged my throttle body wide open my gas pedal stayed floored. Right Then a huge explosion of aluminum blasted out my exhaust! It was all over. ( I then had the car towed 200+ mile to my shop in PHX AZ. So much for feeling safe power from cooler air.
Conclusion: Due to improper fitment on the impeller shaft (impeller was improperly seated on the shaft.) The shaft spun much faster then the impeller, this caused major friction. Along with the low grade cast impeller (do not buy superchargerrebuild.com stage 3 high cfm impeller!)
The shaft spun way faster then the impeller (witch should have been fixed tight to the shaft ) produced major friction (heat) This caused the core of the turbine to heat up to a level in witch the cooler air being drawn in to the impeller fins caused a catastrophic failure. The extreme temp differences from the hot core to the cold fins caused the impeller to explode! Just like pouring cold water on hot glass!
More food for thought... superchargerrebuild claims they custom make their bearings, if I knew that before I would of never purchased the rebuild or ther bearings. I DO KNOW THIS: If you take a cheap bearing (housings) that is designed for steel balls, take out the steel ball bearings and put in the ceramic ball bearings,
You cant claim ABEC9 nor any tested RPMs. It’s a pure scam and is worse then leaving the steel bearing in the housing in witch the bearings designed for. The bearing it self is a small part of what makes a good tested bearing. Real ceramic bearing have to be designed & tested with & for the ceramic balls, thus you have many other parts like the spacers for the bearing the design of the spacers for the ceramic bearings the material, the way the housing is designed , pretty much EVERY THING!!!.

The rebuild cost around 20+ grand , and blew up my BMW M62 engine!!!

vortech v-7 ysi