20th Insurance

More products from 20th >>
Insurance MSRP: $

20th Century Industries is the ninth-largest personal auto insurance stock company in the United States. Through the company's subsidiary, 20th Century Insurance Company, it insures more than 1.1 million automobiles.

Cathy J.

October 5, 2010

1999 Lexus LS

Summary:
I am convinced that ever since Farmer's and 21 Century merged it's been a relationship made in hell. I recently had my first accident (small fender bender). The Customer Service Reps & the Liability Adjuster HATE THEIR JOBS. They sounded don't answer your questions thoroughly and when you ask for clarification, they talk to you like you're a moron. They were VERY CONDESCENDING and want nothing to do with you. Prio to the merger, I received excellent service and my adjuster served as a great rep. She contact the other party's insurance and made sure I was taken care of. I made 2 calls and the next thing I knew, there was a check in the mail to cover my expenses. NOW, the adjuster said "that's not my job" every chance she got. There is ZERO accontability or HELP from these people. In fact, the NEW adjuster told me that it was MY RESPONSIBILITY to call the other party's insurance and to arrange for any reports or repairs. I ask you then "What PURPOSE does Farmer's/21st Century serve now??" I thought they were there to help take care of getting your claim attended to????? Right now, I am on hold AGAIN regarding my current claim. I'm looking at the time stamp and I've been on hold for 22 minutes!!! What the HELL??? The first time I called, the rep said that she only has access to 21st Century info and that my claim # was a Farmer's insurance claim #. She said "Since the merger, our systems have yet to be integrated so I do not have access to your claim nor can I give you ANY GUIDANCE, you should call 1-800-435-7764". I'm stuck in hold now for 24 MINUTES!!!! I am canceling this policy as soon as my claim is finalized. STAYY AWAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Mary Bertrand

September 6, 2010

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Butler Motors-Medfor

2008 Kia Optima

Summary:
You recently sent a hard copy for me to evaluate the recent contact with 21st Century when I went to Ashland Glass to have my windshield repaired from a rock.
I must have misplaced the evaluation because I meant to return it and can't seem to find it. Just wanted you to know how pleased with the contact that both I and the professional technician had with 21st Century. I believe this was the last week of August 2010 or close to that time.
21st Century dealt with the issue immediately so I was able to have the car windshield repaired immediately.
Thank you so much.

good

mtkha

June 14, 2005

1997 Avalon

Strengths:
Absolutely none!

Weaknesses:
customer service. High quote.

Summary:
I just called for an auto insurance quote from 21st century and have never encountered customer service this bad!! I have excellent credit and have been told by other companies that I am a desirable client. And yet the reps were extremely rude! If this is how they handle customers asking for a quote, I can only imagine how they treat policy holders trying to make a claim. If you go with them, good luck.

AAA, Mercury

poodlady

April 28, 2005

2000 Amica Auto Insurance

Strengths:
Prompt handling of claims, dividends, reasonable rates.

Weaknesses:
Slow notification of cancellation of insurance.

Summary:
I have been an Amica insurance customer for four years and until recently I would have rated them as "excellent". Their performance when I filed claims (one accident my fault 2004, one stolen CD player 2003)was excellent - they paid promptly. In addition, Amica makes dividend payments most years! But just lately I started a job as a courier and I notified Amica immediately. A week later they told me that I was not covered when I was driving as a courier (so I was driving a week without insurance and I didn't know it!) and they do not handle commercial policies so I must find another insurance company.