AAA Insurance

More products from AAA >>
Insurance MSRP: $

AAA is a not-for-profit federation of 84 automobile clubs throughout the United States and Canada, providing travel and motorist-related services to their members. Most of these clubs offer auto insurance to their members through a variety of insurance companies, including some owned and operated specifically for AAA members. Since many factors affect insurance coverages, please check with your local club for in-depth descriptions.

jon

January 3, 2014

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Michigan

AAA auto insurance

Strengths:
Liked the towing service. Easy to deal with agents prior to actually making a claim.

Weaknesses:
Making a claim is the most frustrating, drawn out process I've ever seen. So much so, that we are switching insurances even if we have to pay higher premiums and don't get the towing service. I WILL NOT go through another claim with AAA.

Summary:
As long as you never have to make a claim, AAA is wonderful. But if you end up needing to make a claim, get ready to call the claims agents daily for nearly two months to get them to actually work on it. And don't bother trying to complain to customer service, they will send you an "Im sorry", and nothing else will change.

Joe Smith

July 5, 2013

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Greg Hubbard Agency

Greg Hubbard AAA Insurance

Strengths:
none

Weaknesses:
Incompetent and don't care

Summary:
This has to be one of the worst-run agencies in the US. They made clerical errors in our coverage exposing us to potential financial disaster and resulting in greatly increased premiums, refused to mitigate the problems caused by their errors, and ultimately have cancelled our coverage because of our complaints.

Mr. Hubbard, while he may or may not have made the original error, displayed no interest whatsoever in righting the situation and in fact told us it was our fault for trusting them.

I have never in 35 years of dealing with insurance companies had any problems whatsoever with any of them until now.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GREG HUBBARD OR AAA Insurance!

Troy Hakulea

August 6, 2012

2010 Honda Civic EX

Strengths:
Disrepectful person if you are not Triple A policy holder.

Weaknesses:
Will always favor their policy holder.

Summary:
The worst claim adjuster in the person of Wende Hughey of California, Nevada and Utah area. She will absolute make the claim in favor of their insurer even though its obvious that you are right of way. Never trust this lady and I hope she experience the kind of situation I got with me and my family. What goes around comes around and I believe in karma. Just a warning, watch out for WENDE HUGHEY of Triple AAA Auto Claim insurance.

bpnkc1965

May 10, 2011

Strengths:
Premium Costs

Weaknesses:
Auto Claims Management - Specifically an auto theft that occurred on 2/14/2011 and is still continuing and it's now 5/10/2011 with no end in sight.

Summary:
As stated, it really has been almost 3 months since my car was stolen off a street in Kansas City, MO and I'm no closer to getting settling the claim than I was 3 months ago.

The adjuster is nothing more than a warm body to answer the phone, take some basic information so he can funnel it in the right direction and to set up a car rental. Other than that they are as useless as boobs on a bull and couldn't tell me one thing about the status of my claim. Instead, because I wouldn't sign a release of my rights and every bit of information about my life, he referred my claim to an investigator after taking a recorded statement of the occurrence.

The investigator is the person who tries to get the information you wouldn't give up to the adjuster and to, above all, accuse you of being a criminal all while taking a recorded statement of the occurrence. He will also accuse you of acting "suspiciously" when you ask questions about the purpose of the information requested and then the game begins. He'll set you up with an attorney.

The attorney's job is to further delay the claim because he's the only person in a 1,000 mile radius that can take a sworn statement. Two in advance of the meeting you'll received a letter which outlines a list of documents and paperwork that was nearly identical to the original list but has added items such as copies of every loan you ever had, all bank records, every utility bill, tax records, and oddly enough gym memberships, among others. I was stunned and an attorney friend of mine advised I get hire an attorney.
Instead I went in with a little bit of information and gave yet another account of the incident, answered questions I would normally not and when I left I was no more clear on the standing of my claim than I was on 2/15/2011. I was advised I'd receive transcripts of my sworn statement to review and sign and that's been nearly 14 days. When I asked about it I was told if it's not there in 2 days let me know. Nothing like motivation ... to jerk my chain.

Since this has occured I have incurred additional interest on the stolen car loan, had to buy another car because I ran out of rental benefits, paid nearly $1,500 in taxes on a car purchase I wouldn't otherwise had to if this claim was settled in a timely manner, had to put down $2,500 on a USED car (stolen car was a 2010, new car is a 2005) because I would have over $50,000 in car loans and had to pay a higher rate for the new loan. Add in the negative effect on my credit plus incredible aggravation and it totals 3 days in the hospital and missing one month of work because of the stress.

Because of this I can say that there are a plethora of other insurance companies in the USA that I can get insurance through and I will. In the meantime I can confidently recommend avoiding AAA Insurance of MO like the plague and if you know anyone who has them please direct them to this page.

We need to renovate the insurance laws in MO in order for this to change. They are beneficial to the insurance companies and the state will support them over you in a minute. I called and was told I didn't have a real complaint and I was to acquiesce to their requests. It appears the insurance company owns Missouri. What about your state?

Homeowner's/Renter's Insurance

No claims to comment about.

alagaratu

January 29, 2011

Strengths:
Used to be competitive in policy fees for long-term auto insurer.

Weaknesses:
Customer service.
Specifically, one of the 'Senior Insurance Service Representatives' from Santa Monica Branch.

Summary:
First of all, I have been a customer of AAA for over 10 years and I was happy with the company until I met this person. She told me she is the supervisor of this branch. I don't know if its true or not, but I didn't care to check because I was decided to look for another insurance company before I left her desk. Not only she was lazy and looked for any possible reason not to get the work done, she was also unprofessional and rude. But I do know she likes to just sit at her desk and check herself out in the handheld round mirror! I am very dissapointed in AAA. They should know better to hire people who really wants to help the customers and promote the company. Anyway, I am decided to switch to Farmers. After I went to AAA Santa Monica Branch, I went to Farmers. Not only I received with lower quote, they were also very friendly and helpful.