AIG Insurance

More products from AIG >>
Insurance MSRP: $

Auto Insurance savings start here: up to $100, $200, $300 or more! Join the hundreds of thousands of American drivers who have already saved money with AIG.

Kaylee

March 17, 2009

2001 Galant

Strengths:
NONE.

Weaknesses:
Every single aspect of their company.

Summary:
STAY AWAY FROM AIG! And pray that if you happen to get in an accident with someone that they aren't insured through them. By far the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life (the kids at the McDonalds counter are more polite) and no one seems to know how to do their job or what other people are doing. Completely dissatisfied with the company and their service as a whole. THANK GOD FOR GEICO!

sonarrat

November 8, 2008

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Online

Insurance

Summary:
I was with AIG from 2004-2008. I had no fewer than four claims with them, and I was always satisfied with how they handled it.

First was a rock chip in the windshield. They came out to my home and sealed it up for free. No fuss.

Second was an accident I had, not in my vehicle, while on the job. Their role in this was to shield me from liability as the company neglected to insure their own vehicle; neither I nor AIG paid a dime even though the sum had already gone to collections. They handled a sensitive issue very well and 2 years later, the knock is still not on my credit report.

Third was a vandalism. My car had its windshield broken in and the fender dented at a train station. I got a police report and then called AIG. They told me where to take the car and they got it repaired without a fuss, after I paid my deductible. No impact to premiums.

Fourth was, unfortunately, an at-fault fender bender. My cell phone died on me, so I had no choice but to tow it to a dealership. The dealership was amazingly incompetent; they didn't include all the parts that were damaged in their estimate, they outsourced body work to a subcontractor who they then, strangely, saddled with the burden of collecting the deductible, and they grossly underestimated the actual cost of repair. AIG still paid and got me back in the road within two weeks.

I only switched companies because they refused to provide me with homeowner's insurance based on the square footage of the property. I guess if it isn't 750 sf, then it doesn't exist to AIG. Amica offered similar premiums and they insured my home, too.

Joe-chicago

April 20, 2008

2008 Toyota Camry

Strengths:
Competitive rates, good claims department, fair price paid for total loss

Weaknesses:
It took them a week to tell me my car was "officially" a total loss and I had a hard time speaking with my aduster. But in all honesty is was a VERY cold winter here in the Chicago area with tons of crashes when I had mine, so I can believe they were really busy. Also, they finally told me my car was totaled on a Wednesday (after noon) and said they would only continue to cover my rental through Friday, after that I had to pay. First of all, why does Wedneday count as "a day" when you call me after 1:00 PM, and second, you don't want to rush a purchase as important as a car. I was going to argue with them about that, but ended up buying a new car that night, so it didn't matter.

Summary:
I ended up on this site because I am thinking of switching auto insurance. I got worried after seeing the new company I'm looking at is rated 2.35/5. I decide to take a look at my current insurer, AIG, to compare, and see they are rated even lower. Obviously, people only review auto insurance when they have a bad experience. I have only been with AIG 6 months and am planning on switching because I can get a lower rate with another company, but I was happy with AIG for the short time I was with them. Their rates are competetive and, for the most part, their staff is helpful. I totaled my previous car this past January and I couldn't believe how easy and painless they made the claim process. I had the crash on the way to work at 8:30 in the morning and had my rental by 1:00. The amount paid to me for my totaled vehicle was FAIR, not too high or too low, and they even kicked in scaled down state sales tax and title prices when I bought a new car within 30 days (scaled down because they understandably won't pay the full tax and title fees for a brand new car when they're totaling out an 8-year old car). Considering that I was expecting to get screwed by an insurance company in that aspect, I was thrilled (which is kind of a sad statement about auto insurance, isn't it?) As I said, I think I'm going to switch to another company now that I can get a lower rate with them, but I was happy with AIG.

Nationwide

onestell

March 27, 2008

Strengths:
Absolutely wonderful people working there who provide exceptional customer service, always with a smile.

Fantastic response time.

Very competitive price.

User-friendly web site.

You're with the world's largest insurance company and that is a comfort you can't put a price on.

Weaknesses:
Absolutely no weaknesses here.

Summary:
AIG has been a great experience for me. The cost has been EXTREMELY competitive, and I have never had a bad experience. When I call, they are always helpful and friendly as can be. Last time I called, I called because I needed to use the Security Advantage feature (a free AAA-like feature of AIG Auto policies), and lo and behold, the service was there inside of 30min to help me out, and again, they did this at no charge to me.

Sandra

September 21, 2007

1998 Chevy Blazer

Strengths:
none

Weaknesses:
Being in business

Summary:
AIG is the worse Insurance Company I have ever dealt with. I live alone with my 2 grandkids. I asked AIG if occasionally if my boyfriend borrowed my truck if he was covered I was assured he was as long as he had a vaild license, but then a couple of weeks ago my boyfriend totalled my truck. Now they are saying he has to prove he doesn't live with me, he works for a Union so he is on the road all the time only back maybe a few days a month. This is my home not his. AIG are trying to get out of paying for my truck which is worth at the most $3000.00. Customer service and adjuster are very rude.