Coast National Insurance

More products from Coast National >>
Insurance MSRP: $

Coast offers affordable basic auto insurance with low monthly payments for Californians. No tickets or accidents? Check out our 25% Good Driver discount!

Mark Williamson

July 27, 2017

2004 Ford f150 fx4

Weaknesses:
Every aspect they are weak returning calls answering emails and prorocol is they refuse to provide rental, refuse to cover damages, and if you use your full coverage when they refuse to pay, they then refuse to pay the deductible you incurred from your insurance, get a lawyer now, don't even play games, they are strong at playing games, lying, and refusing to pay and provide any service whatsoever.

Summary:
Liars, cheats, and they insist a lawyer to get any results

andres6

April 29, 2010

Price Paid:  $4000.00 from San Diego/Eastwood

2000 Honda Civic

Strengths:
Absolutely NONE. This company is worthless, useless, and worse, they are unethical, liars, cheaters, thieves, and shameful.

Weaknesses:
Standard Operating Procedure is for them to deny ALL claims. SOP also includes adjuster taking several weeks to even look at the damage, and then listing a good portion of the damage as "prior existing damage," when they know good and well that the car was in tip top shape just a couple months prior.

Summary:
How do I know they know the car was in tiptop shape? Well, when I got this insurance from the corrupt, incompetent, and fraudulent Eastwood Insurance agents, they took photos of my vehicle prior to giving me the insurance just a couple months before my vehicle was damaged while it was stolen for a couple of weeks.

Mercury (good), Farmers (bad), Geico (good).

KateNAz

February 25, 2009

Price Paid:  $0.00 from n/a

Coast National Insurance-Bristol West

Strengths:
None whatsoever so far

Weaknesses:
Everything-rude, clueless adjustors, bad customer service, VERY SLOW, will delay claim over and over

Summary:
I am dearly afraid that we are going to have to take this company to court and file a complaint with the AZ Board of Insurance-I was hit by one of their DRUNK insured in Dec- multiple vehicles involved also-two totaled. Company accepted responsibility in mid-Jan but so far no one has been paid. My attorney says this company is very slow, and ineffecient,, adjustor is very rude and does not return calls to any of us. My ins. co. Geico also said this company has been "awful." This claim is going to get delayed and delayed,,, we are short in saying they are now acting in bad faith. Bristol-West needs to drop this company and they truly need to be investigated-BBB also does not have a very good rating with them here in AZ, and it will continue to go down with more customer service complaints. Big ethics issues with their adjustors also, no one has been polite or helpful except one supervisor, and it's sporadic. Very sad. Drivers need to not insure with them,, who cares of they're the cheapest-if they do not cover anything you do, youre liable in civil court.. drivers need to research the reputation of every insurance company before using them. This company has been atrocious to everyone involved, and I have also spoke with another driver involved-she is beyond angry and frustrated with the yo-yos at this company. If you are hit by one of their insures, get an attorney and know your options if they do not respond to you.

Geico (has been okay),, A Plus California Casualty (previous claim with them handled well and quick)

Tony K

September 15, 2008

Strengths:
Avoiding settling claims

Weaknesses:
Everything

Summary:
I was on the receiving end of one of their insured.

AAA, State Farm

xchristinex

January 5, 2008

2004 Toyota Camry

Strengths:
Settled my claim fairly. Good claims dept.

Weaknesses:
It took a little over a month to settle. But from what i've been reading, thats about normal time.

Summary:
I have nothing bad to say about this company. My car was totaled in an accident and they paid off my car loan and then sent me a check. I was worried after reading sites like this that they would low ball the value of my car. But the settled my claim very fairly. The people in the claims dept. were always polite and availble when I called. And always answered any questions I had throughout the whole claim process.