Farmers Insurance

More products from Farmers >>
Insurance MSRP: $

Farmers® Insurance Services are designed to get you back where you belong.

Josh

November 7, 2013

Strengths:
None. Not a single one

Summary:
My wife and I signed up with Farmers Insurance under the office of Curtis Szucs after shopping around and finding that Farmers would provide the best price. We provided our information (License number, social, vehicle information, all of the norm.) For over 10 months our rates were not as low as we would have liked but were still lower than any other insurance providers and we were satisfied with their service. This all changed however when we began to receive bills of over double our normal amount of the past 10 months. Although there had been no changes to our policy, driving record, vehicle, nor had any claims, or anything else our bill still had doubled in price without any explanation. We were enrolled in online payments so it the amount was taken out of our checking account every month automatically. (Had we not been paying attention who knows how much we would have ended up paying!) Upon contacting the offices of Curtis Szucs about this continuing over priced bill, a very unprofessional and inadequate woman whom we spoke with on several occasions, tried to assist us. On our third attempt of finding answers from this very "pleasant" women, she conveyed to us that they did not have ANY of our information. No license numbers, no social security numbers, they were not even aware of our driving record (Which was spotless and had nothing on it, but how do you insure someone for 1 whole year without even knowing whom you are insuring or their driving record?!) Upon giving our information to the women for a second time in over a year, they recalculated our cost of insurance with the same coverage, and it went up even more to almost 3 times as much as what we were initially paying. She could not explain the reason behind this outrageous price and even recommended that we cancel our plan as we did immediately. We did thankfully receive a very small refund of less than a 1quarter of a monthly payment upon cancelation. We highly recommend not choosing Curtis Szucs office neither Farmers Insurance. Good riddens Farmers Insurance!

David Wilson

June 23, 2013

Price Paid:  $51800.00 from 1989 Burlingame Ford

1986 Maier Racing Mustang

Strengths:
Farmers Insurance extortion scam

Weaknesses:
Believing Farmers Insurance

Summary:
My name is David Wilson. I have a highly modified 1986 Maier Racing Mustang. I had the car appraised for 31,650 by the Automobile Appraisal Association. I took the appraisal to Farmers Insurance. They accepted the appraisal and quoted me a rate of 258.10 for a 6 month policy. After I paid for the policy they then raised my rates to 448.50. They explained that the new quote was rated by the 31,650 pay off price. They had my appraisal when they did the first quote which made this a typical bait and switch. I paid it figuring all insurance companies play this game and not worth my time or the hassle of switching. Since the first appraisal the car has had another $40k in further modifications and was going from shop to shop to have work done to it. In the middle of the modifications the car was in a front end collision.
I had the car appraised again with the extra modifications. It came to 51,700. Farmers out sourced a person to take pictures of the car. Brad Darcy of Farmers Insurance then told me he would not honor my original appraisal and would only except his Farmers Insurance appraisal. Something this important should have been explained to me in the first place before accepting my original appraisal. Being a total loss Brad Darcy then told me he wouldn’t pay out the 51,700 appraise value because I was being charged 448.50 rated by the 31,650 payoff. They then paid Ross Chandler of Auto Bid in Kansas to appraise a car he has never seen, had zero paper work on, or receipts for. When I talked Ross he told me he could NOT find any cars like mine but found Mustangs with some of the same parts as I had and gave a final value of $16,800. The 448.50 I was paying for a 31,650 pay off was now reduced to 16,800. I have been overcharged for 2 years paying 448.50 a payoff they will never intended to honor. Now we are playing the Lowball Game. Brad then explained the he expected to take my 51,700 vehicle for 16,800. On top of that Brad told me that the 40k in extra parts (engine, drivetrain, and suspension that were added) was not part of the original policy but still must stay in the car. Brad then said they will only accept the 51,700 appraisal towards their advantage to rate the buyback price. A complete double standard. I asked what the buyback price was and he said he didn’t know and they can charge whatever they want for the buyback price. Brad Darcy is forcing me to accept 16,800 for a 51,700 car, a loss of 35,000 or pay an extortion buyback price of whatever they set on the car. Brad Darcy then told me this will be a long dragged out possess and they can take as long as they want to finish this claim. I’m being scammed and extorted out of my property and need help. Here are some definitions of Extortion.
Wikipedia: Extortion (also called shakedown, out wresting, and exaction) is a criminal offence of unlawfully obtaining money, property, or services from a person, entity, or institution, through coercion.
Dictionary.com: Law. the crime of obtaining money or some other thing of value by the abuse of one's office or authority.

Brian

December 15, 2012

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
Customer Service, Integrity, Ethics

Summary:
Absoutely the worst experience I have ever had dealing with an insurance company. This is not my company, and I would advise you to think twice about them. Other driver was given a ticket, police stated in report they were in fact at fault and we are a month into it and they come back and offer me about 70% of what my insurance company and the bank valued my vehicle at. Will now be forced to file through my company and sue Farmers. What a joke, have never had an issue with my company. If you have Farmers as your insurance company, you'd better think again.

John Matara

September 23, 2012

Price Paid:  $10000.00 from California

2004 Dodge

Strengths:
none

Weaknesses:
every

Summary:
if you think your covered with Farmers Think Again.

Tin Lam

September 11, 2012

Strengths:
Okay service

Weaknesses:
Unreasonable charges

Summary:
Since I have no choice but to surrender my hard-earned dollars to Farmers, this is the only place I can vent my displeasure and frustration.

I have my auto insurance with Century 21 (recently acquired by Farmers) for about 30 years. Recently, I purchased an electric car. Century 21 refused to insure that because of unknown risk. I have no choice but to switch to another insurer – one that I have my current house insurance, again for 30 years. After I have the new policy set up, I called Century 21 to cancel my current policy. I was surprised that I was charged $50 as “processing fee”. That was not mentioned when I first had dialogues with them. Despite sound arguments, all I got was “My apology, we cannot waive the charges”. “You can stay with us until the term expires”. “You can have a policy on the new car ONLY with the other company”.

If I were the one initiating the switching due to lower cost or whatsoever, I can understand Century 21 charges for a fee. However, in this case, I was forced to change. I think the charge is unreasonable, especially to a customer who demonstrated long-term loyalty. Farmers and Century 21 will never see my business again. I will also discourage anyone I know who considers for their service.