Progressive Insurance

More products from Progressive >>
Insurance MSRP: $

Progressive Insurance offers you instant auto insurance quotes, including the rates from as many as 3 of our leading competitors. In most states you will have the opportunity to buy your policy online.

Compumax

February 20, 2013

2009 Toyota

Strengths:
Prices were fair and competitive initially.

Weaknesses:
Repeated renewal policy price increases.

Summary:
I was with progressive for 10+ years. No problems up until the last 3 policy renewals. With each renewal my coverage costs increased. I was first hit with a 45% increase. I was told it was just due to standard price increases. Then the next month it crept up more and the next even higher. Again, I was told it was just due again to price increases. The last increase was my final renewal. After 10 years I still had the standard safe driver discount, anti lock brake discount. Nothing substantial for being an exceptional customer for so long. I guess the motto here is not to get, KEEP and grow customers.

Dina

September 20, 2012

2003 Ford Focus ZX3

Summary:
Progressive, in particular Progressive West Insurance Company, is the BEST !!! I've been with Progressive Car Insurance since April 2006 and I'm considered a good driver. In February 2012 my beloved car was totaled by foreign tourists; a loss that turned me into a stressed-out, emotional wreck. Thankfully, I was assigned the BEST CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE anyone could ever wish for. From the start, he showed great compassion, was very patient, very supportive, and extremely effective. During the 6-month ordeal, he came through for me time and again, no matter what. I consider myself very lucky and privileged to have had my case handled by such a caring and knowledgeable person. I have finally been able to find peace again. J.F., THANK YOU SO MUCH - YOU ARE THE BEST!

Richard

August 31, 2012

Price Paid:  $600.00 from ON LINE

Auto Ins

Strengths:
THEY SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weaknesses:
My Daughter was the Victim of a Hit and Run. A Criminal Offence. The police caught the person within hours. Upon notifying PROGRESSIVE she was told It MIGHT not go against her and she would have to pay the deductible. This is ridiculous!!! They do anything they can to NOT pay out. Here is a case where they have a crime, the perpetrator’s name and address yet they want their client to Belly Up. Unbelievable, I had recommended NOT going with an impersonal online company because of this very reason. They should be shut down. I contacted Both Brian the “ONLINE REP” and his boss Kelly and was told tuff. So now you know the cost of saving 40 buck a year in premium. $250.00 deductible, which you pay, whether it’s your fault or not. Even if a crime (HIT AND RUN) is committed, they do not care. You still PAY. Save yourself this aggravation and deal with a local rep that will go to bat for you and also supports your community.