Prudential Insurance

More products from Prudential >>
Insurance MSRP: $

Prudential is a trusted name in quality insurance products. As a top issuer of life, personal lines property & casualty insurance, as well as annuities, we have distinguished ourselves as an industry leader.

blaze72

January 28, 2003

Strengths:
Ha! Ha! Right!

Weaknesses:
Everything!

Summary:
Do NOT use Prudential for auto insurance. I was in an accident, which legally was my fault. I hydroplaned on the interstate and hit another car. No one was hurt and there was no major damage to either vehicle. But, a month has gone by and nothing has been done to repair my car! There isn't a Prudential office in my small town anymore...they left. So, Prudential hired an independent adjuster who lied on his report. (In the mean time Prudential had sent a check out with researching the statements by the adjuster!! And this check can't be used until all of this garbage is straightened out!) He stated that "Brigg's Auto Body had given an estimate and that a price was agreed upon". Bull Freakin Crap!!! I don't even know where Brigg's is located. The insurance rep. called the shop and told her the same thing....they had no idea what she was talking about. Now, the adjuster wants my car to be repaired in a very cheap way, which should be no surprise. The shop we took the car to said that they wanted to fix it right, not do so-so job on it. (I have known these people for a while now and trust these people very much)So, the drama continues until ....who knows. Maybe my car will be repaired sometime next year! I have never seen so many bad reviews for a company. (Check out epinions) Hopefully this will save somebody from going through the same hassle and aggravation I've gone through.

Farm Bureau..I'm returning to them!

MaryAnn Soltner

January 10, 2003

Review 2 of 7 , from Philadelphia

Strengths:
none at all.

Weaknesses:
uncaring, rude, does not meet up to thier standards, false reviews. Let families suffer...

Summary:
My Brother-in-law was injured and cannot go back to work for sometime and was able to collect diability for the time out from work. He has paid for insurance thru prodential from hi place of employment. At first he was receiving his paychecks while disabled, but then they stopped, and it has only been a few weeks as his doctors have continually faxed all the pertinent paperwork and mediacl records to prudential, prudential's nurse *@?#?@ says it is not enough and cannot release his pay checks. In the meantime my sister and borther-in-law have 4 children and one on the way, they have fallen behind in thier bills and mortgage/rent payments, and are suffering over this. Not only have they called continuously to prudential and have the medical records and confirmation that prudential has rec'd everything, prudential is treating them very rudely and now not even answering thier calls. They have contacted the Doctors and he sent everything they need, and still they haven't sent hid paycheck to them. We are contacting lawyers and even the local newspapers to let the public know how folks are being treated and how they do not care for one minute that families are suffering, esp. in this day and age. Beware folks and beware large and small businesses before you join prudential....

none

David

September 12, 2002

Review 3 of 7 , from PA

Strengths:
Saved money and great service

Weaknesses:
None

Summary:
We purchased a Prudential homeowners policy and car insurance policy almost two years ago. At that time, we saved a few hundred dollars and were very happy. My agent is a great guy who goes the extra mile for me. I guess I was lucky, but I am very happy with Prudential.

State Farm (home) Erie Insurance (car)

JerseyCarl

October 4, 2001

Review 4 of 7 , from NY,PA,NJ

Strengths:
None.

Weaknesses:
Will only take on lousy drivers so they can charge the higher premiums. We are required to have insurance in NJ and didn''t want anything to do with us because our records were too clean! Later, when I worked for an employer using their healthplan, I realized that this was probably a blessing in disguise. I have never had a medical insurer so resistant to paying claims. I still have claims from 3 years ago, that they have agreed should be paid, but haven''t reimbursed me for.

Summary:
Heartless, money-grubbing worms.

State Farm (good), GEICO (bad)

Mike Wise

April 10, 2001

More than 3 years

Review 5 of 7 , from PA

Price Paid:  $2000.00

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
Customer service sucks.

Summary:
I was sold a policy by Prudential that was suposed to be a retirement plan. Well, that is what the agent explained to me when I purchased the plan. It turned out to be life insurance that would not give me anything for retirement. When I discovered this I call Prudential to get out of the plan. They gave me the run around for nearly three years. When they did respond to me they had the nerve to put time restraints on my response and if I did not respond my claim was void. I was lied to by more than one person in the company. I guess you could say I should have done more investigation when I bought the plan. However, I am not well versed in these matters and expected to get the product that was explained to me.
I advise the public to not use prudential AT ALL. It is very painful when they take a piece of thier rock and stick it up you @$$!