State Farm Insurance

More products from State Farm >>
Insurance MSRP: $

One of every five automobiles in the United States is insured by State Farm, making us the nation's No. 1 auto insurer.

Britt

October 22, 2012

2000 Chevy Blazer

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
Everything about the company! They don't care about anyone but their pay check.

Summary:
State Farm is the worst insurance company ever! They held me liable for an accident they wouldn't even investigate, why? So they could get more money from me! I'm young but I'm not stupid! Moving on, too bad my accident has to follow me.

Gina

September 15, 2012

Strengths:
NONE!!

Weaknesses:
No loyalty or compassion to loyal customers.

Summary:
I never had a problem with State farm and alwyas spoke highly of them However, after being insured by State Farm for 25 years and having a clean driving record, those piece of crap scumbags had the audacity to call the end of last year and tell me that they were dropping me because the person that was living in the same house had gotten a traffic violation. When I called the corporate office in utter disbelief and asked why they were dropping ME when I haven't done anything and was told because we have the same address and they were sorry but there was nothing they could do. I told them that they were disgusting and unfair and hung up the phone. Absolutely disgusted with them and still cannot believe how I was treated and that they behaved like this. If I had known this 25 years ago I would have told them to go screw themselves and would NEVER recommend them. Awful,awful company! Still shocked and furious how I was treated.

Sidney

May 18, 2012

2003 Chevy Silverado

Strengths:
Very Friendly and helpful local office

Weaknesses:
Terrible in every other aspect

Summary:
DON'T EVER GET STATE FARM INSURANCE. Long story Short we have had state Farm
For 20 years. last week my son got into an accident in his high school parking lot. A girl backed into the center of his front bumper; bending the license plate a little and making a dent in her rear passenger side bumper. We took pictures of the damages but not the location that it occurred at. They contacted me today to tell me that it was my sons fault, and when i asked them if they looked at the pictures they didn't respond and keep saying we came to this decision with the verbal statements.never mentioning the pictures and said they would be dropping us after the claim was settled. Have Allstate now much happier.

Allstate

Cassandra

May 3, 2012

2002 Mercury sable

Strengths:
Renter ins service

Weaknesses:
Auto ins

Summary:
They could not find my license as active even though I gave them the number and a paper from the dot that stated I had an active license! They refused to look into it any further an said they could not insure me! I decided to go with geico and have had no issue at all and the people are super nice!

Geico

charity waltmon

April 24, 2012

Price Paid:  $400.00 from Pete Dietz State Far

2001 Grand Prix

Strengths:
My family has used this agent and company for many, many years.

Weaknesses:
They are very vague about all of their insurance packages. They are a reliable company as long as nothing happens.

Summary:
I pay for free towing for a few different reasons, being I am a single female living in the southeast Houston area. Now, when I think of free towing, I am under the impression that if for any reason I should have to have my vehicle towed it will be taken care of by State Farm.....because I pay for it with my policy. WRONG I had to have my car towed due to a blown head gasket and manifold intake gasket. I called
State Farm and they sent a tow truck, and told me they would reimburse me. INCONVENIENT. But whatever. I called my agent to find out the proper protocol to get reimbursed for the wrecker. I was told they would only pay for up to $80 on towing....WTF...why would they send a wrecker that they weren't going to pay for? I pay for free towing. I did the right thing and called them and they dispatched a wrecker. I paid said wrecker $160 cash and now they don't want to reimburse me for the service I pay for. LIARS. I will be changing insurance companies as soon as I can. 'nuff said.