Advantage Rent A Car Car Rental Company

More products from Advantage Rent A Car >>
Car Rental Company MSRP: $

Advantage Rent A Car is a privately held rental car company, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. We’re a proven service-focused company that provides business, leisure, government and local customers with a wide range of services at more than 150 U.S. locations and 130 locations in 33 countries internationally.

gary winuk

October 31, 2017

Summary:
Don't be fooled by their low rates. Their customer service, quality of vehicles, and rental experience is the worst. My car was dirty and in poor condition. The staff at Newark Airport was rude and dishonest. And I got a flat tire and they made me pay for the repair to the car. Then they promised me I would be reimbursed for the tire, strung me along for months promising reimbursement and then told me after nearly a dozen calls that I would not be reimbursed. More than half the time no one even answers their customer service line. Not worth it.

Artie Martino

September 13, 2017

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Charlotte NC

ACCENT

Strengths:
Ripoff company

Weaknesses:
Ripoff company--added charges with no explanation. $50 for horrible smartphone GPS with no place to mount in car. Car cost twice as much as advertised and I expected to pay.

Summary:
This company doesn't care about repeat customers

Susanna Gibson

September 6, 2017

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
I would give a 0 if I could. We have been waiting in line to pick up our car that we had reserved. When the shuttle dropped us off there was already a huge line that was looped inside and still out of the door. We have another probably 45 minutes to wait in line. At first there was only one employee at the desk. Now there are 3. I called customer service while in line and was told that this is "usual for Advantage" and that there was nothing that I could do- I just need to wait in line. And that I can't cancel my reservation with them. The absolute worst telephone customer service I have ever had in my life. And obviously the worst rental car experience I have ever had in my life. I have never written a review online before, but this experience has been so ridiculously bad that I have to. What else am I going to do while standing in line for 2 hours waiting for my rental car reservation?

Richard Hamilton

May 17, 2017

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Denver

Strengths:
Car not bad

Weaknesses:
FEES, FEES, FEES

Summary:
Rented a car at Denver Airport. Upon return, found that the gas station at the airport could not accept credit cards due to a computer problem, so I returned the car with a half tank of gas.
I thought, how bad could it be?
My final bill was $31 for the car, $70 for the half tank of gas!
This is not charging an inconvenience fee, this is robbery!
Never Advantage again!

Fox, Avis, Budget, etc.

Terry

May 9, 2017

Strengths:
NONE

Weaknesses:
Totally deceptive business practices - read reviews from all over the nation! Terrible company - tried to rip us off.

Summary:
BELIEVE the terrible reviews! Reserved a mid-size SUV through Travelocity - where it prominently stated "UNLIMITED mileage". This was a bald-faced lie. Mileage was limited to 250 miles a day, additional mileage was a whopping 55 cents per mile, unless we paid $20 PER DAY for true unlimited mileage. We might have bitten the bullet and done it, however the next bombshell they hit us with was "We don't rent SUV's to locals" (we live in Albuquerque and were renting at the airport.) When asked why, the rude man at the desk replied "IF you had read your LOCAL service contract, YOU would have SEEN that it is our policy". He had no explanation of why that was their policy, and his attempt to throw the blame back on us because of not reading the massive fine print was equally aggravating. I had even called the company the day before to make SURE I got an SUV, as we needed it to navigate the dirt roads we were going on for our camping trip. At the call center - which was obviously in a different country - the woman ASSURED me that it was fine, and we would get an SUV. So, another lie, or at least complete misinformation. After reading a number of terrible reviews for the company, it appears this is the same kind of "local" policies they use at every office. They call it "local" policy, but the same criticisms appear over and over nationwide. I rent cars frequently and had never had an experience like this. I will never, EVER use Advantage again, and if you do, I assure you you're asking for trouble. Even if the 250 mile limit doesn't affect you, do you really want to do business with a company this sneaky and dishonest?