Advantage Rent A Car Car Rental Company

More products from Advantage Rent A Car >>
Car Rental Company MSRP: $

Advantage Rent A Car is a privately held rental car company, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. We’re a proven service-focused company that provides business, leisure, government and local customers with a wide range of services at more than 150 U.S. locations and 130 locations in 33 countries internationally.

Bramos

April 11, 2016

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Newark

Strengths:
Cheap price

Weaknesses:
Poorservice

Summary:
Rented a car, waited in line for 30 minutes, car assigned to me has dents from car accident and interior is dirty and smells really bad and to top it all fuel tank is almost empty had to go wait in line for another 30 minutes to get a replacement car. Not coming back to this place for sure !!

Gus

October 21, 2015

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Orlando

Strengths:
Pricing.

Weaknesses:
Negative reviews.

Summary:
I recently rented a car from Advantage in Orlando Fl. Pricing was great. Customer service was fine. Was not pressure to buy add ons when I declined. Pick up and Drop Off at MCO Airport was a breeze. Would not hesitate to use them again. Do not know why majority of reviews are so critical.

Mr. Lewin

April 8, 2015

Price Paid:  $0.00 from advantage car rental

minivan

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
Chockingly bad attitude by clerk and bad customer service.

Summary:
I found a great deal by advantage car rental. I made a reservation through the 800 number. I went to their office at JFK airport to puck up the minivan. Advantage has it's office at Dollar off. There were 2 clerks at dollar desk and 1 at advantage. As I walked in I noticed them smirking at me. I went over to the clerk and she started right away being so rude. I asked if she'd like the reservation number? She answered: can't you see I got it?! OK... then came the insurance part, she continued being disgustingly rude. After a long time taking all my insurance info she said that I was responsible for liability of the car. I asked how so? You have my insurance! She: you are not listening to me! If you would be listening you wouldn't ask. At this point I've had it!!! I said: why are you so rude? She: me rude??!! That's it! I don't want to deal with you. You ARE responsible for everything in the car. I said: I am walking out of here. I will not deal with such attitude! I left without the car. I went to a different company to rent. I filed a complaint with advantage. No one has called me! I called the manager three times and he has not taken my call saying he's calling right back but has not called!!!
Worst company ever!!!!
Stay away from them!!!!

John

August 26, 2014

Price Paid:  $159.00 from Minneapolis, Airpoet

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
BEWARE of the website of Advantage Rent a car. I reserved a car specific dates in May of 2014. They changed the dates to the date I made the reservation. I was not going to be in Minneapolis till 7 days later. They would not allow me to change the reservation and at that I will have to pay the $159.00. NEVER use this company when you have several options in Minneapolis.

Summary:
Beware of Advantage Rent a car. If you read the reviews on review sites, you will see that a lot of people have had very negative experiences.

unbelievable

October 12, 2013

Price Paid:  $6.00 from skyharbor airport Sc

rav 4 Toyota

Strengths:
Easy online rental.

Weaknesses:
Poorest service ever encountered by a company! Stood in line 1 hour for reserved car. 30 customers waiting for cars. 2 agents in no hurry to wait on anyone. Giving everyone same 15 min. sales pitch: managers special to upgrade to bigger car, blah blah blah, (no), you need to pick fuel plan (No) more pressure, you need insurance (I bought insurance), it's not with us so it's no good! Ours is $200 how much did you pay? (What the ... NO. Just give me the car I reserved.) YOU know you will be leaving here with NO insurance!! Initial here,here,and here that you have refused our offers. AND again YOU will be leaving with NO coverage. (Me: look at this line of people! What a lousy way to run a business!) Miss Advantage-"We are the cheapest in the business so they will wait!
Frustrating, repulsive,unprofessional, rip off... DON'T USE THIS COMPANY-EVER.

Summary:
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. NEVER AGAIN. THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER COMPANIES THAT ARE A PLEASURE TO USE!