Advantage Rent A Car Car Rental Company

More products from Advantage Rent A Car >>
Car Rental Company MSRP: $

Advantage Rent A Car is a privately held rental car company, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. We’re a proven service-focused company that provides business, leisure, government and local customers with a wide range of services at more than 150 U.S. locations and 130 locations in 33 countries internationally.

Mark jones

August 6, 2016

Strengths:
None!!!

Weaknesses:
Slow/poor customer service

Summary:
The worst customer service EVER!!! They double charged my credit card and locked it out for 24 hours while on vacation!! They also didn't have a car available for me! Had to wait 2 hours!!!!!

Valerie

July 8, 2016

Summary:
SCAM: they advertise low rates and after you do the booking they add "fees" and more "fees". I first entered the site because it advertised $10/day (I got a deal like this on last year's trip), so I went on it. Than the "real" price was $18/day. At the end of my trip, I check my credit card statement and it was over$43 per day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excuse my "french", but WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maureen

June 29, 2016

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Ft. Lauderdale Int'l

Toyota Yaris

Weaknesses:
No return phone call from company.
Didn't care that they knowingly gave us a car that the bumper was falling off.

Summary:
Flight arrived late in evening. Picked up car around 11:45pm at Ft. Lauderdale Int'l Airport. When we checked in regarding the car, woman called to the back and was on phone for 15 minutes. Let person know we needed an economy size car. Picked up car, no one walked around to check for problems with us. As we were driving down the road, could hear flapping noise. Saw that the bumper was flapping. When we arrived at our resort, we called the company and had to leave a message that the rear bumper on both sides was falling off of the Toyota Yaris. Expected a call in the morning. Received no call. Had to drive back to the airport to exchange the car. Asked the person there why they gave us a car like this. He said that all the Toyota Yaris's have this problem of the rear bumper falling off. Asked why he gave that to us the night before when there were other vehicles there. He said it was probably the last economy size. There had even been tape that they had removed that was holding the bumper together. He also said that you just need to pop the bumper back in. Really???? I paid for a complete car. The second car was just as ridiculous. What a huge disappointment!

Scott

June 7, 2016

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
A reservation does not actually guarantee you a car!

Summary:
I had a car reserved at the Atlanta airport, but no cars were available when my flight arrived. There were several other customers present in the same situation. I was told it would be at least a two hour wait to get any car, let alone the type I had reserved.

The employees informed me that a reservation doesn't guarantee you a car, it only guarantees the price. Advantage will never refuse a reservation. They will let anyone reserve a car anytime, regardless of whether a car will actually be available.

You read that right - A RESERVATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU A CAR!!!

Fortunately, Hertz had a car available for a reasonable price. However, some others were not so lucky. They had booked their car directly with Advantage and pre-paid to get a slightly cheaper rate. Advantage refused to refund their money, even though they had no cars!

What a despicable company.

Avoid this company at all costs. They are cheap for a reason.

Mike Shir

May 15, 2016

Summary:
They are the worst car rental company. They pulled a fast one on my wife's rental. I am going to file a claim against them to get our money back. Stay away from this company.