Advantage Rent A Car Car Rental Company

More products from Advantage Rent A Car >>
Car Rental Company MSRP: $

Advantage Rent A Car is a privately held rental car company, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. We’re a proven service-focused company that provides business, leisure, government and local customers with a wide range of services at more than 150 U.S. locations and 130 locations in 33 countries internationally.

Richard Hamilton

May 17, 2017

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Denver

Strengths:
Car not bad

Weaknesses:
FEES, FEES, FEES

Summary:
Rented a car at Denver Airport. Upon return, found that the gas station at the airport could not accept credit cards due to a computer problem, so I returned the car with a half tank of gas.
I thought, how bad could it be?
My final bill was $31 for the car, $70 for the half tank of gas!
This is not charging an inconvenience fee, this is robbery!
Never Advantage again!

Fox, Avis, Budget, etc.

Terry

May 9, 2017

Strengths:
NONE

Weaknesses:
Totally deceptive business practices - read reviews from all over the nation! Terrible company - tried to rip us off.

Summary:
BELIEVE the terrible reviews! Reserved a mid-size SUV through Travelocity - where it prominently stated "UNLIMITED mileage". This was a bald-faced lie. Mileage was limited to 250 miles a day, additional mileage was a whopping 55 cents per mile, unless we paid $20 PER DAY for true unlimited mileage. We might have bitten the bullet and done it, however the next bombshell they hit us with was "We don't rent SUV's to locals" (we live in Albuquerque and were renting at the airport.) When asked why, the rude man at the desk replied "IF you had read your LOCAL service contract, YOU would have SEEN that it is our policy". He had no explanation of why that was their policy, and his attempt to throw the blame back on us because of not reading the massive fine print was equally aggravating. I had even called the company the day before to make SURE I got an SUV, as we needed it to navigate the dirt roads we were going on for our camping trip. At the call center - which was obviously in a different country - the woman ASSURED me that it was fine, and we would get an SUV. So, another lie, or at least complete misinformation. After reading a number of terrible reviews for the company, it appears this is the same kind of "local" policies they use at every office. They call it "local" policy, but the same criticisms appear over and over nationwide. I rent cars frequently and had never had an experience like this. I will never, EVER use Advantage again, and if you do, I assure you you're asking for trouble. Even if the 250 mile limit doesn't affect you, do you really want to do business with a company this sneaky and dishonest?

Lori

December 4, 2016

Strengths:
rented me a dirty car, dented with a chip in the window, sent me to the location of a car marked DEAD in window marker

Weaknesses:
if that was their strength, the weakness is customer service. you will get rude employees both on the phone and in person. the 800 phone number will take you an hour to get through to someone, who will then tell you that they cannot help you

Summary:
go anywhere else, please

Mark jones

August 6, 2016

Strengths:
None!!!

Weaknesses:
Slow/poor customer service

Summary:
The worst customer service EVER!!! They double charged my credit card and locked it out for 24 hours while on vacation!! They also didn't have a car available for me! Had to wait 2 hours!!!!!

Valerie

July 8, 2016

Summary:
SCAM: they advertise low rates and after you do the booking they add "fees" and more "fees". I first entered the site because it advertised $10/day (I got a deal like this on last year's trip), so I went on it. Than the "real" price was $18/day. At the end of my trip, I check my credit card statement and it was over$43 per day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excuse my "french", but WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!