Advantage Rent A Car Car Rental Company

More products from Advantage Rent A Car >>
Car Rental Company MSRP: $

Advantage Rent A Car is a privately held rental car company, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. We’re a proven service-focused company that provides business, leisure, government and local customers with a wide range of services at more than 150 U.S. locations and 130 locations in 33 countries internationally.

John

August 26, 2014

Price Paid:  $159.00 from Minneapolis, Airpoet

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
BEWARE of the website of Advantage Rent a car. I reserved a car specific dates in May of 2014. They changed the dates to the date I made the reservation. I was not going to be in Minneapolis till 7 days later. They would not allow me to change the reservation and at that I will have to pay the $159.00. NEVER use this company when you have several options in Minneapolis.

Summary:
Beware of Advantage Rent a car. If you read the reviews on review sites, you will see that a lot of people have had very negative experiences.

unbelievable

October 12, 2013

Price Paid:  $6.00 from skyharbor airport Sc

rav 4 Toyota

Strengths:
Easy online rental.

Weaknesses:
Poorest service ever encountered by a company! Stood in line 1 hour for reserved car. 30 customers waiting for cars. 2 agents in no hurry to wait on anyone. Giving everyone same 15 min. sales pitch: managers special to upgrade to bigger car, blah blah blah, (no), you need to pick fuel plan (No) more pressure, you need insurance (I bought insurance), it's not with us so it's no good! Ours is $200 how much did you pay? (What the ... NO. Just give me the car I reserved.) YOU know you will be leaving here with NO insurance!! Initial here,here,and here that you have refused our offers. AND again YOU will be leaving with NO coverage. (Me: look at this line of people! What a lousy way to run a business!) Miss Advantage-"We are the cheapest in the business so they will wait!
Frustrating, repulsive,unprofessional, rip off... DON'T USE THIS COMPANY-EVER.

Summary:
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. NEVER AGAIN. THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER COMPANIES THAT ARE A PLEASURE TO USE!

Rebecca

May 21, 2013

Strengths:
NONE

Weaknesses:
EVERYTHING

Summary:
DO NOT RENT A CAR FROM ADVANTAGE!!!! I wish there was a negative rating because this company doesn't even deserve one star. First, they never tell you when you make the reservation that you need an extra $200 deposit. I originally made the reservation online which was $32. After arriving at Advantage in Denver, the clerk told me that an additional $200 deposit would need to be taken off this card. Well, because they hadn't given me any warning, I didn't have an extra $200 on that card. After asking if they could put it on a different card, the clerk and supervisor told me they are unable to split charges after you prepay on an online reservation. Umm WHAT?!?!?!?! Since it was 8:00 pm on a Saturday, and I was 800 miles from home I had no way to put more money in that account. After sitting in the waiting room for 30 minutes trying to figure something out I went back and asked to be given the number of the public transportation. The clerk told me that I could cancel the reservation and make a new one so that all charges would be on one card. I unfortunately made this decision and got my car. After returning it and calling the 1-800 number the clerk gave me for the reservation, the agent, who was most likely from India, told me that they couldn't refund my original reservation because I had canceled within the 24 hour period of when the reservation was. WHAT? I ONLY CANCELED BECAUSE YOU COULDNT CHARGE MY OTHER CARD!!!!! This blew my mind because not only did the clerk tell me this was a foul proof way, but the agent actually told me I should of read the Terms and Conditions when making the reservation because it was all explained there. I was livid at this point and demanded to talk with a supervisor who apologized and said that he would forward the issue to corporate and they would call me within 4 business days to discuss the refund. It is now 15 days later and after calling back twice I still have not received any type of refund!!! This is by far the worst car rental company and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy! How can you have such a faulty system that does not allow customers to split the charges and then have employees scam me out of a refund? Not to mention how much the taxes are and everything else they throw on last minute.

William Douglas

May 9, 2013

Strengths:
none

Weaknesses:
many

Summary:
At the LAX airport Advantage Rent A Car, agency, the agent assured me that, if I pre-paid for a tank of fuel, that I would be credited for the amount of fuel in the tank when I returned the car. Well, that's simply not true, and inquires to the agency have gone unanswered.

Also, the agent wrote the wrong parking space on my contract, so I wasted an hour loading my gear into the wrong car and then re-loading it into the correct car.

Since this is the second time I've had major hassles with this agency, they'll never see me again.

regularly

Gary Bryant

April 8, 2013

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
Terrible customer service

Summary:
I had a confirmed car rental through Expedia for a weekly Advantage Rent a Car for Phoenix Sky Harbor in January. Due to a delayed flight and slow shuttle bus to Car Rental Center I arrived 62 minutes late. I was told my reservation had been cancelled as I was over 60 minutes late. The counter person would not respond to my incredulous questioning of this, nor let me speak to a supervisor. He told me to check out Budget as they "have good rates". All other rental car agencies cost more than $350 per week more than my confirmed reservation for a walk up. I had no choice but to rent from them and was told Advantage obviously had overbooked and I was left out in the cold. I called and wrote both the local Phoenix agent and Advantage Corporate and never had a return call from Phoenix, and was told by Corporate they were sorry, they had referred me to the manager in Phoenix, who never returned my calls. I have never received a response.

This is the worst rental car experience I have had in over 35 years of renting, and probably the worst travel customer service ever, and that is saying a lot.

National Car Rental was very friendly and helpful, but their walk up prices were their prices and my vacation cost me $350 more than I had budgeted.