Advantage Rent A Car Car Rental Company

More products from Advantage Rent A Car >>
Car Rental Company MSRP: $

Advantage Rent A Car is a privately held rental car company, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. We’re a proven service-focused company that provides business, leisure, government and local customers with a wide range of services at more than 150 U.S. locations and 130 locations in 33 countries internationally.

Mike Shir

May 15, 2016

Summary:
They are the worst car rental company. They pulled a fast one on my wife's rental. I am going to file a claim against them to get our money back. Stay away from this company.

Chico

May 10, 2016

Summary:
The customer service line is terrible. Extremely long waiting times and rude associates who have been transferring me to the wrong people and who have hung up on me for asking questions they didn't have the answer to. When trying to ask how much a cancellation fee would be if I cancelled last minute the associate hurriedly answer "$200". I was confused because my rental total was only $64.21 for less than 24 hours. When trying to ask for clarity the associate kept cutting me off and wasn't answering my questions. I asked for a supervisor and the girl transferred me to Orbitz because she kept insisting they had the answer. MY RENTAL WAS THROUGH ADVANTAGE NOT ORBITZ. That's what I kept trying to tell her. I cancelled my reservation and I WILL NEVER book through Advantage again!!!

Bramos

April 11, 2016

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Newark

Strengths:
Cheap price

Weaknesses:
Poorservice

Summary:
Rented a car, waited in line for 30 minutes, car assigned to me has dents from car accident and interior is dirty and smells really bad and to top it all fuel tank is almost empty had to go wait in line for another 30 minutes to get a replacement car. Not coming back to this place for sure !!

Gus

October 21, 2015

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Orlando

Strengths:
Pricing.

Weaknesses:
Negative reviews.

Summary:
I recently rented a car from Advantage in Orlando Fl. Pricing was great. Customer service was fine. Was not pressure to buy add ons when I declined. Pick up and Drop Off at MCO Airport was a breeze. Would not hesitate to use them again. Do not know why majority of reviews are so critical.

Mr. Lewin

April 8, 2015

Price Paid:  $0.00 from advantage car rental

minivan

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
Chockingly bad attitude by clerk and bad customer service.

Summary:
I found a great deal by advantage car rental. I made a reservation through the 800 number. I went to their office at JFK airport to puck up the minivan. Advantage has it's office at Dollar off. There were 2 clerks at dollar desk and 1 at advantage. As I walked in I noticed them smirking at me. I went over to the clerk and she started right away being so rude. I asked if she'd like the reservation number? She answered: can't you see I got it?! OK... then came the insurance part, she continued being disgustingly rude. After a long time taking all my insurance info she said that I was responsible for liability of the car. I asked how so? You have my insurance! She: you are not listening to me! If you would be listening you wouldn't ask. At this point I've had it!!! I said: why are you so rude? She: me rude??!! That's it! I don't want to deal with you. You ARE responsible for everything in the car. I said: I am walking out of here. I will not deal with such attitude! I left without the car. I went to a different company to rent. I filed a complaint with advantage. No one has called me! I called the manager three times and he has not taken my call saying he's calling right back but has not called!!!
Worst company ever!!!!