Alamo Car Rental Company

More products from Alamo >>
Car Rental Company MSRP: $

Reservations

Alamo.com is the direct source for Alamo Rent A Car guaranteed lowest rates for daily and weekly rental car specials and for leisure vacation and business travel. Our simple, secure, and convenient, 3-step online car reservation process makes car rental quick and easy for worldwide car reservation. Online Check-Insm, our skip the line service, is available at many Alamo locations.

Rachel

December 25, 2012

Price Paid:  $800.00 from West Palm Internatio

2011 Ford Focus

Strengths:
Everything!

Weaknesses:
price

Summary:
I love Alamo. After a horrible experience with Advantage and three hours of anxiety and trying to figure everything out, Alamo gave us a brand new 2013 Ford Focus. The service was beyond amazing and he tried to get us every single discount he could for us. He even threw in free total coverage. THANK YOU ALAMO! We had the best car EVER! Yes, it was sooooo much money but at that point we didn't care, we just needed a car, but seriously it was so worth it. Had it for a week, drove a TON, and only paid about $65 for gas.

Philip

May 18, 2012

Strengths:
None that I can determine.

Weaknesses:
Poor quality, bad customer relations

Summary:
When I picked up a previously reserved Nissan Versa from Alamo, it had a putrid smell. That was my first disappointment with Alamo.

I returned the car and was downgraded from the Nissan Versa which had cruise control, electrical mirror adjustment, and remote door locks, to a Toyota Yaris without any of these feature, with no reduction in cost. The cars are by any standard, not in the same feature class. Second disappointment.

I then contacted Alamo by email and my request for a rate adjustment was declined. Instead, I was offered a coupon for a 1-day car rental, with an expiration date - quite likely with the hope that I will either forget about the coupon or it will expire before I use it. Strike three and Alamo is now off of my list.

I will not rent a car from Alamo again.

DanBusTrav

January 19, 2012

Price Paid:  $150.00 from ICT Wichita KS

2010 Intermediate

Strengths:
Cars and Rental system

Weaknesses:
Too Big to Care!! - Management

Summary:
Don't use!!
I reserved a car from Alamo/Enterprise on 11/26/11 at the Wichita (ICT) airport for a daily rate of $24.99. When I turned the car in, I was charged $54.99 per day, a total difference of $111. I pointed this discrepancy out to the agent and she agreed that it was a mistake. She told me that I had to pay the higher rate to close out the rental but provided me with copies of the receipt and reservation and gave me the phone number for the regional manager. I protested but paid the higher rate due to my pending flight. Upon my return home, I left a voicemail message with the regional manager and requested that she give me a call. I never received a call back. I emailed customer service and received a series of computer-generated responses. Finally, I turned in a dispute with my American Express card and included the documentation showing the reservation rate versus the billing rate. Alamo/Enterprise never responded to the inquiries made by American Express. The company subsequently blacklisted me and put me on their Do Not Rent list without ever responding over a 3 month period to any of my inquiries. Alamo/Enterprise does not give a rip about its customers and is too big to care.

Kobusko

August 9, 2011

Price Paid:  $859.00 from Tegucigalpa Airport

Toyota Corolla

Weaknesses:
Air conditioning did malfunction. Dark side and rear windows made driving at night dangerous.

Summary:
I used this car during 12 days. Its air conditioning did not work well.
Documented initial inspection of car showed that its paint was full of small damages. At final inspection a damage (overlaying initial paint damages) was claimed by the rental. This damage was not there when I left the car for final inspection. My credit card was charged for US$ 129 for damages I did not cause, which were convenient for the rental personnel (watch out for a certain Heidi Rodriguez). I suspect they cheat some clients on their creditcards and charge others cash payments. I will never use this rental again in the future. If you do rent from them, my advise is to take an initial photograph of the car and to be present all the time of the final inspection (also during the time they wash the car).

Velinda Farris

December 4, 2010

Price Paid:  $40000.00 from Puerto Vallarta, Jal

1998 Nissan Sentra

Weaknesses:
12yrs old car,didn't feel confortable driving it to see family that lives about 70 miles away from Puerto Vallarta.Car didn't have power windows or locks, rental sticker on vehicle(letting everyone know that we were tourist) car had scratches and dents.

Summary:
Upon our arrival to Alamo rental place, they told us that our car was not ready, and that we would have to wait two hours,we were very tired after traveling all day and suggested an upgrade since they had other vehicles, but they didn't try to accomodate us, instead they told us that if we want the upgrade we would have to paid for it. We were tired and ready to get to our hotel. Finally they told us that our car had arrived, but it had to be cleaned, when they brought the car to us to go over the check list, we were very dissapointed to see that it was a 1998 Nissan Sentra, after paying almost $400.00 dlls. for the car and rental insurance...we have rented cars in the past and they had never been over two years old...We took the car only because we had already paid for the rental and because we were tired. Big mistake!!