Avis Car Rental Company

Janice

June 7, 2014

Price Paid:  $200.00 from Orlando airport

2011 town & country van

Strengths:
NONE

Weaknesses:
everything they lie and they charge for extra things we did not use tolls which we paid cash for and had poof when we called they would hang up on us!!! If you know what is good for you please do NOT EVER USE AVIS CAR RENTAL!!!!! I which i would have read reviews before we use Avis everything I read was bad reviews about the same thing that happen to us.

Summary:
DO NOT USE avis EVER YOU WILL BE SORRY THEY DO NOTHING BUT TAKE YOUR MONEY AND THEN WILL NOT TALK TO YOU IF YOU CALL. I ASK TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR AND THE LADY SAID NO I'M TALKING TO YOU AND THEN I ASKED AGAIN TO SPEAK TO HER SUPERVISOR AND SHE HUNG UP ON ME WHEN I CALLED BACK THEY WOULD NOT ANSWER THE CALL!!!!!

Vic

June 24, 2013

Suburban

Summary:
The AVIS Dealership at San Francisco Airport WILL NOT answer any phone calls at all. This is at all hours of the day. The WORST. NO ONE is that busy. PITIFUL !

C. Lopez

April 29, 2013

Price Paid:  $100.00 from Eugene, Oregon

Kia Optima

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
Service & accuracy

Summary:
I have always rented from Enterprise, but booked with Avis for a slightly better price this time (had to travel last minute, for a funeral). I pre-paid for my rental on line. The check-in process took almost 45 minutes (I have no idea why). The clerk was rude and repeatedly ignored my questions, when I inquired about what was taking so long. He said that they had recently changed their deposit requirements, so there would be no additional deposit on my debit card...Just a "quick" credit check and I'd be on my way. He finally got me checked in and started asking if I wanted extras. After the first offer, I kindly stated that I didn't want to add anything that would increase my price. He continued going over the list of options, like a script, and I kept declining....This process took another 5 minutes or so. Usually, with Enterprise, a clerk will walk me to the vehicle and inspect it, to identify any possible damage. Not at Avis! (This made me a little uneasy, so I inspected the car myself). My paperwork stated that the vehicle needed to be returned at 11:30am on Sunday and the clerk told me that I would have a 29 minute leeway, beyond that time, before accruing any additional charges. I checked in at 11:32am, to find that they were charing me for an additional day. I told the guy that my return time was 11:30 and I had pre-paid. He "attempted" to fix my bill, but it took him 3 or 4 attempts, so AGAIN, I had to stand at the counter for 20 minutes. And AGAIN, there was no one available to inspect the vehicle with me. When I got home, I checked my bank account and voila!! There was a $100 authorization placed on my debit card, from Avis. No additional deposit required, huh?. This company obviously doesn't have their s*** together and customer service is very low on their list of priorities. I will not rent from Avis again and I will make sure that everyone I know is aware of their poor service & lack of organization!

Enterprise - SO MUCH BETTER!!!

T Mikel

March 7, 2013

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Kalispell, MT

2011 Subaru

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
Lazy

Summary:
My wife rented a vehicle at the Kalispell, Mt airport Avis. When returned, they did stated they did not have time to inspect. My wife was the only person at the counter. A week later we got a bill for over $1100.00 for damage to the car. They said we hit a deer. The vehicle was in the same condition when she dropped it off as when picked up. She had only driven 48 miles in 4 days. All inside the city of Kalispell. Our concern is that we have no idea what happened while the vehicle sat in the lot, or if an employee hit something will taking the car for cleaning or service. The Kalipell, Mt airport is wonderful, I would just avoid the Avis car rental, there are plenty of other choices.

Amanda Brown

December 28, 2012

Strengths:
none

Weaknesses:
everything

Summary:
Horrible! F this place. My husband and I got tot he rental location at 11pm from our flight and went to pick up our car that we prepaid for. We do not have credit cards so we use debit. All the car rental companies run our credit and do a $200-$300 refundable deposit for debit, which we are totally ok with.
This place ran our credit and denied us. My husband has nearly a perfect credit score! we just ran it today to double check. AND we had just rented from Budget a few days earlier in FL and they ran our credit and had no problems. We also travel all over the US and have for years and rented cars with debit and never had problems and our credit has only improved. This year alone we have used 4 or 5 different rental car companies throughout the country and have not had one single problem.
They said there was nothing they could do. No manager, no one to call, nothing. This was complete BS!!! We went to 3 other rental car companies at midnight trying to get a car and everyone was sold out. We are so lucky to have such good friends that could come pick us up at 1:00am or we would have been screwed.
now it is the day after and my husband just picked up a rental from National who ran his credit and had no problems. Avis is the worst!

Budget, National, Hertz