Budget Car Rental Company

More products from Budget >>
Car Rental Company MSRP: $

Promises
No surprises, no kidding!
Now, more than ever, you just can’t go wrong with Budget’s rate promises.

Reserved Rate Promise
The rate you reserve is the rate you pay! Budget promises that the rate on your budget.com reservation is the rate you’ll be charged either at the return counter or on your final receipt.

Lowest Rate Promise
Now there’s no need to shop around for the lowest prices online because we strive to have our lowest rates on budget.com. So if you reserve a Budget rate on a distributor’s Web site that’s lower than the rates on budget.com, you can receive a free-day rental certificate. Rent today.

No Booking Fees Ever
When you reserve your Budget rental online through budget.com, you’ll never, ever incur a booking fee. Visit our Web site 24/7 to reserve a car, ask a question, or sign up for free services like time-saving RapidRez and Fastbreak! Rent today.

Julie

February 28, 2013

Summary:
I travel for work, and therefore rent cars often. In November/December I rented a car from Budget and had an absolutely horrible experience. I will never never never rent from Budget again and would recommend you stay away from them as well.
I have never had anything but great experiences with Enterprise!

svatous

February 28, 2013

Price Paid:  $550.00 from Shannon Ireland

2010 opel insignia

Summary:
Budget has not complied with any of what he promised when booking my car reservation on their web. And it was not cheap rent - I rented Opel Insignia.
Budget delevered to me for renting a car that had crashed one side - the passenger door sometimes was impossible to close/open. The worst is the fact that their bill was wrong - while I had rented the car for 7 days, they charged me for 8 and it has been a noticeable difference.
And now, even after 8 months, they do not respond to my email communication and complaint.
I borrow cars from across the globe regularly, but I've never had such a horrible experience as with the Budget in Ireland. No more.

D F P

August 17, 2012

Price Paid:  $680.00 from Bugdet Lisbon Airpor

Strengths:
Nice compact european car in good condition. Had no problems with it while driving it for three weeks

Weaknesses:
Very poor customer service. The price I was given when I paid for it on-line was not the price that they wanted to charge me for it when I picked it up at the airport counter in Lisbon Portugal.

Summary:
After our flight from Canada was delayed for four hours and a seven hour flight with a one year old, we were glad to finally arrived at the Lisbon airport at 12:00 in the afternoon and begin our vacation. We went to the Bugdet Rental car counter in the airport (A.A. Canstanheira) and encountered a night mare! We were told that we were going to be charged a few hundred dollars extra for car insurance. I told them that I did not require car insurance because I have car insurance covered by my credit card. WELL, that was when I received the worst customer service ever! I was not given the option. They were pretty much saying that I had to get the insurance. And there was no way I was going to pay for insurance if I was already covered. I mean who in their right mind would??? They told me that if I didn't get insurance, they would have to put a hold on my credit card for the value of the car, which was 27,500.00 CAD dollars! And my credit card wouldn't approve that amount. When I called my credit card company, from the airport they told me that they never heard of such a thing and for me not to agree to that and go to another company. I spoke to four different agents at that Budget counter. And all of them tried pressuring me to get the insurance or put 27, 500.00 on my credit card in case the car got totalled. Finally after about almost four hours of torment, I broke down crying at their service counter from the stress and lack of sleep. Then, someone finally was willing to resolve the issue and just put a $2000.00 hold on my credit card but made me write and sign a note stating that I would be responsible for the #27, 500.00 should the car get completely damaged. I shouldn't have signed that, but I was so drained, stressed out and wanted to get out of there with my family and baby. It was a horrible way to start our vacation! The car was nice and we had no problems driving it, but after what we experienced getting it, It wasn't worth it! I would NEVER rent a car from there again! And please check the windsheild and interior of a rental car for damage before leaving with the car. They only check the exterior paint when they give you the car, but then they check that and everything else when you return it!

Major Disappointment

August 3, 2012

Price Paid:  $158.00 from St Maarten / SXM / S

1998 Nissan

Strengths:
the car had all gears, drive and reverse went in their respective direction.

Weaknesses:
very beat up, scratched,dented,uncomfortable over worn metal poking through seats, did not start, not well maintained is an understatement. Destruction Derby worthy, could have easily bought the car for $800.

Summary:
Poor product, even poorer customer service, bait and switch as if you were dealing with a used car sales man. Unacceptable from a company of this size.

Customer service tried to alleviate the problem by offering a $50 voucher to reuse their service which is a smack in the face . That cost them nothing and isnt even 2 day car rental which I spent 8 days with them.

So if you are ready to look at a pretty car online and pay for a dumper rent a wreck stick with Budget where they bait and switch and do not right their wrongs.

Enterprise, Hertz, Prestige, and Budget's parent company Avis.

guiness394

July 29, 2012

Price Paid:  $40.00 from Minn/St. Paul Airpor

2011 Chevy/Cruze

Strengths:
Got $6.00 off unwanted upgrade because I complained. Big deal....better than nothing but not enough!!!

Weaknesses:
Deceptive customer service practices. Staff paid to get you to upgrade and they are motivated to deceive!!!

Summary:
Very deceiving customer service practices. Purchased rental on Hotwire and sales people at counter try to tack on higher charges with upgrades, etc. They do not explain what they are doing and make it sound like this is what you asked for and before you know it your low cost rental has ballooned. Staff make commission off of selling you higher price rental. Very deceptive and would never recommend them to anyone. I would rather pay a few dpillars more per day to honeJst company than give a dime to this compant ever again!!

National, alamo