Enterprise Rent A Car Car Rental Company

More products from Enterprise Rent A Car >>
Car Rental Company MSRP: $

Enterprise is an extended family of more than 65,000; a world-class company with homegrown roots. Through tremendous leadership and the entrepreneurial spirit of our employees, we've built the largest rental car company in North America — customer by customer, car by car from the ground up. But our goal has never been to be the biggest; we simply work hard to be the best.

Philip Broske

March 13, 2012

Price Paid:  $62.00 from Oakland Ca airport

Corolla

Strengths:
none

Weaknesses:
signing contract in the pick-up lot at night in the dark.
Bait and switch tactics
False advertising

Summary:
I ordered a car online from Enterprise and sent a confirmation (Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris or similar). Upon arrival I was told they had no compact cars available and would have to upgrade to an economy car at twice the price. When I went to the lot to pick up the car the attendant asked if I wanted a corolla or a Yaris. This feels like the old bait and switch, which I haven't seen in awhile.

I brought this situation to the attention of Enterprise and got a reply saying that this was being referred to a Regional Vice President and someone would contact me. It has been over a week and nobody has contacted me.

Joan Plato

March 2, 2012

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Billings, MT

2005 Trailblazer

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
Worst Rental Company ever.

Summary:
Rented a car in Billings, MT that turned out to be defective. The tires were bald, vehicle didn’t start one morning, there was no ice scraper even though it was winter. Upon return, I tried to get the clerk at the desk to look at it, but he didn't want to go out. Instead, he gave me a 10% discount for the 'inconvenience'. A few weeks later I received a bill for damage to the car! They claimed the tires were flat. I told them they weren’t flat when I returned it, but they were bald. I put on less than 500 miles so I did not cause the tires to go bald. I have been unable to resolve this with them. As an FYI they now also own Alamo & National. I will avoid the 'Enterprise Family' like I would the plaque.

Thrifty, Budget, Dollar.

katherine

June 14, 2011

Price Paid:  $0.00 from eureka ca.enterprise

2011 camery

Strengths:
There are no strength

Weaknesses:
They have no class.manners.

Summary:
I went to eureka.ca enterprise to rent a car that insurance was going to pay for.however I was going to pay the deposit in cash..that set off a negitive chain reaction that ended in me walking out with no rental.but looking at other reviews of enterprise the universe saved me from them

None

Jamu

November 25, 2010

2009 Hyundai

Strengths:
Clean car

Weaknesses:
poor inspection of the vehicles
An awful experience

Summary:
I rented a car for long weekend (3days) couples months ago from Enterprise (Fisherman street) Brampton, Ontario, for 150.00$ excluding insurance coverage for plus tax. I have been rip-off/swindle. The agent asks me to take insurance, but I refused and I told him “I have my own insurance”. He threatened me, saying you have to pay if anything wrong or if any accident happens. Still I refuse. When I returned the car, everything was fine, no damage. The agent calls back 2 days after, saying the car has dent damage on the bottom of the car and I have to pay for it. I tried to explain the inspection wasn’t done properly, and the agent didn’t look underneath the car. No, they refuse to listen and said:” see, that’s why we ask you to take the insurance”. I had to pay $450.00CAN extra for small dent under the car.

I do not recommend this location or this company

ljr

October 1, 2010

Price Paid:  $0.00 from mississauga

Strengths:
Absolutely none

Weaknesses:
SCAM

Summary:
Got a car from this company after being in an accident.

Interesting to read about other people who think there is a scam going on.

We returned the car and got a bill for over $1000.00 for "damage" that had occured during the time the car was in our possession. The list had almost two dozen items on it.

Many calls later and we finally got through to the manager of the claims department who must have figured out that someone was up to something underhanded because he called to say that we were to rip up the letter and disregard it.

My best guess is that they want to scare people into paying to avoid having to get their insurance companies involved in another claim in such a short period of time and completely ruin their rating.

none