Fox Rent A Car Car Rental Company

More products from Fox Rent A Car >>
Car Rental Company MSRP: $

Why pay more? Car rentals for leisure and corporate travelers at discount prices are our specialty. Fox offers car rental rates that are guaranteed to be the lowest among all major car rental companies. Whether renting an economy car, Hybrid or an SUV, experience the difference with Fox and enjoy big savings on your next trip.

Car rental customers have come to expect the highest standards of service from Fox, we consistently offer new and dependable vehicles with cheap car rental rates. Fast and friendly customer service is our highest priority. This is Fox's commitment to customer satisfaction.

Amanda Brown

March 23, 2015

Price Paid:  $505.00 from Las Vegas, NV

2010 Toyotta Corolla

Strengths:
NOTHING

Weaknesses:
EVERYTHING

Summary:
Whatever you do, do not rent a car from this company! It may look like you are getting a good deal, but in the long run it will end up costing you!
My husband and I reserved a compact car for exactly one week. We picked it up in Las Vegas, which was a nightmare. You have to take TWO different shuttles from the airport, and have to drive miles out of the way to get there. Then once you are there, you will have to stand in line for a ridiculously long amount of time. I had purchased insurance through Expedia (where I booked the car from), but the woman at Fox told us that didn’t really count as insurance and we would have to use theirs. She assured us that we could still cancel Expedia’s within 24 hours of picking the car up, so we wouldn’t have to pay for two separate insurances. This mistake was ours, since we believed her, when in fact we could not cancel our previous insurance. Anyway, the woman told us to go and pick a car from Lot 5, but when we walked outside, there was only one car left in Lot 5 and it had a slip that said “no battery” on it. I refused to wait in line again so we just took a car from Lot 6 and nobody said a word about it. Everything was fine with the car, until we went to return it. I had booked it through Expedia to drop it off in Phoenix, but when we got there the guy said no, you are supposed to return it to Vegas. They ended up charging us a “drop-off” fee, which nobody had told us about before. And then, a couple days after we got home, I noticed an additional $580 taken out of my account! I waited on hold for 55 minutes until I finally got through to their customer service department, and was told that they had “made a mistake.” When they finally refunded my money a week later, they refunded that amount, but not my $150 deposit. I tried calling them back, but they insisted they had refunded it and refused to give me the $150 back!
So in the end, I was supposed to pay $28.77/day for the car (not including insurance), but ended up paying $57.57/day! It would have ended up being way cheaper if I would have just went with a reputable company! This company is a complete SCAM!

Kevin

February 13, 2015

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Fox Rent a Car

Strengths:
Nothing

Weaknesses:
Everything

Summary:
My wife booked a rental from Fox Rent a Car San Diego through their website for $85. Taxes and fees included. This was a week before our trip. When we didn't get a confirmation email, I called their customer service the night before our trip and was given a confirmation number and a price of $87.78. After traveling all night we boarded their bus and got to their off site location only to be told our reservation was cancelled. And offered us a 2 level downgrade with an increase in price of $35.
Their customer service was of no help. Buyer Beware! Stay away from Fox Rent a Car.

Morten Als Pedersen

September 29, 2014

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
I have sent more than 10 e-mails.
FOX have not replied - Not one word!

Summary:
We rented two cars through FOX Rent-A-Car (for a family vacation in Turkey) with a specific size that had plenty of space for our needs.
We got two much much smaller cars that forced us to drive with large suitcases inside the cabin which is VERY dangerous.
We even had to ask friends to drive with us in their own car for 100 miles to transport our luggage.

I have written to FOX Rent-A-Car at least 10 times - but sofar no reply at all!
Please send this review to FOX Rent-A-Car.

I can of course document everything.

leonora uribe

April 26, 2014

Summary:
Wasted 2 hours dealing with inept and rude reps", Frank needs another job, since he had no customer service skills, asked for the manager, Tammie, she was even worse....they told me my that my confirmation was cancelled to jack-up the weekly rate, then they tried to give a $189.00 drop fee, then they went on break, then they left the counter, guess what I took my business elsewhere and got a great Ford with leather and all the bells & whistles for $30.00 less than Fox!

Cindy Hart

April 23, 2014

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Ontario, Ca

Compact

Strengths:
NONE- TOTALLY DISHONEST!! WONT ANSWER PHONE CALLS OR RETURN EMAILS. RUN FROM THESE PEOPLE.

Weaknesses:
Liers, dishonest, horrible.

Summary:
I rented a car thru car rentals.com and was quoted a price of 153.83. This was for 2 days!! When I got my visa bill Fox charged me $375.31! They won't return my calls or emails! I will never rent from them again!