Fox Rent A Car Car Rental Company

More products from Fox Rent A Car >>
Car Rental Company MSRP: $

Why pay more? Car rentals for leisure and corporate travelers at discount prices are our specialty. Fox offers car rental rates that are guaranteed to be the lowest among all major car rental companies. Whether renting an economy car, Hybrid or an SUV, experience the difference with Fox and enjoy big savings on your next trip.

Car rental customers have come to expect the highest standards of service from Fox, we consistently offer new and dependable vehicles with cheap car rental rates. Fast and friendly customer service is our highest priority. This is Fox's commitment to customer satisfaction.

Jasmine

July 1, 2015

Price Paid:  $171.00 from OAkland, CA

2009 Toyota Camry

Strengths:
None

Summary:
Let me start off by saying that my experience with Fox Rent a Car was terrible from the very beginning. The car that was provided to me was inadequate. I was issued a Toyota Corolla. There was a dent on the side of the car from what looked like an accident that the car had been in and huge scratches across the back of the car. Inside of the car, one of the door panels was loose. Also, it smelled strongly like smoke and there were cigarette holes burned into the back seats. However, I was extremely pressed for time so I didn't have time to request a new car from the team.

I rented the car from for three days to return it at 5:00am on the 3rd day. However, because I would need to catch a flight set for boarding at 5:30am, I asked if I could bring the car back early. The representative at the counter when I picked up the keys told me that this was fine and that I would just need to drop the keys off in the drop box. There was actually a drop box right next to the Fox Rent a Car station. Great.

I brought the car back 06/30 around 4:00 am and dropped the keys in the dropbox, as instructed. I would like to point out that I called the location several times yesterday to confirm that they received the rental and everything was ok. But there was no answer on any occasion and I was not given the option to have a call back or anything. The day after I had returned the car, I received a call from a representative who asked if I wanted to extend the rental because they had not yet received it. I was in shock and told her that I had dropped the car off yesterday at 4:00am and left the keys in the dropbox. She quickly apologized, indicated that she had forgotten to check the dropbox, and assured me that everything was ok. I asked if she could make sure to give me a call back to confirm that the account was closed and that there was no additional charges on my final bill. She indicated that she would and she also gave me her "direct number."

After several hours with no response, I called the local office there at the Oakland Airport and did not receive an answer, just like yesterday. Then I called the representative's "direct number" and also did not receive an answer. (I was able to leave a voicemail for her.) Finally, I called the corporate phone number at 310-342-5155. The first representative that I spoke with told me that there was no such dropbox and that I had to pay the late fee and additional day charges that the representative had placed on my account. I immediately questioned this because the representative at the counter when I picked the car up physically showed me the drop box and the representative today confirmed on the telephone that there was a drop box. The rep that I was speaking to on the phone first put me on hold and then disconnected the line.

I called the corporate office again and spoke with a representative named Princess who was able to remove the late fee and the charge for the additional day. I would like to say how incredibly disappointed I am in this service. Because of this whole experience, I will never use Fox Rent a Car again. Not only was the car trash, but then because of representative due diligence, I almost got charged an extra $60+ dollars. I truly feel that the car that I rented was so bad that it should never have even been offered to me as an option to rent. This treatment has been completely unacceptable and as a customer, I am wholly unsatisfied with my experience. If I could report this to a customer satisfaction board, I would and definitely will look into doing this. I paid $171 for this. I work very hard for my money and on this occasion, I did not receive my money's worth.

Don't rent from them if you can afford not to. They are clearly unorganized and irresponsible. They truly don't care about their customers.

Amanda Brown

March 23, 2015

Price Paid:  $505.00 from Las Vegas, NV

2010 Toyotta Corolla

Strengths:
NOTHING

Weaknesses:
EVERYTHING

Summary:
Whatever you do, do not rent a car from this company! It may look like you are getting a good deal, but in the long run it will end up costing you!
My husband and I reserved a compact car for exactly one week. We picked it up in Las Vegas, which was a nightmare. You have to take TWO different shuttles from the airport, and have to drive miles out of the way to get there. Then once you are there, you will have to stand in line for a ridiculously long amount of time. I had purchased insurance through Expedia (where I booked the car from), but the woman at Fox told us that didn’t really count as insurance and we would have to use theirs. She assured us that we could still cancel Expedia’s within 24 hours of picking the car up, so we wouldn’t have to pay for two separate insurances. This mistake was ours, since we believed her, when in fact we could not cancel our previous insurance. Anyway, the woman told us to go and pick a car from Lot 5, but when we walked outside, there was only one car left in Lot 5 and it had a slip that said “no battery” on it. I refused to wait in line again so we just took a car from Lot 6 and nobody said a word about it. Everything was fine with the car, until we went to return it. I had booked it through Expedia to drop it off in Phoenix, but when we got there the guy said no, you are supposed to return it to Vegas. They ended up charging us a “drop-off” fee, which nobody had told us about before. And then, a couple days after we got home, I noticed an additional $580 taken out of my account! I waited on hold for 55 minutes until I finally got through to their customer service department, and was told that they had “made a mistake.” When they finally refunded my money a week later, they refunded that amount, but not my $150 deposit. I tried calling them back, but they insisted they had refunded it and refused to give me the $150 back!
So in the end, I was supposed to pay $28.77/day for the car (not including insurance), but ended up paying $57.57/day! It would have ended up being way cheaper if I would have just went with a reputable company! This company is a complete SCAM!

Kevin

February 13, 2015

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Fox Rent a Car

Strengths:
Nothing

Weaknesses:
Everything

Summary:
My wife booked a rental from Fox Rent a Car San Diego through their website for $85. Taxes and fees included. This was a week before our trip. When we didn't get a confirmation email, I called their customer service the night before our trip and was given a confirmation number and a price of $87.78. After traveling all night we boarded their bus and got to their off site location only to be told our reservation was cancelled. And offered us a 2 level downgrade with an increase in price of $35.
Their customer service was of no help. Buyer Beware! Stay away from Fox Rent a Car.

Morten Als Pedersen

September 29, 2014

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
I have sent more than 10 e-mails.
FOX have not replied - Not one word!

Summary:
We rented two cars through FOX Rent-A-Car (for a family vacation in Turkey) with a specific size that had plenty of space for our needs.
We got two much much smaller cars that forced us to drive with large suitcases inside the cabin which is VERY dangerous.
We even had to ask friends to drive with us in their own car for 100 miles to transport our luggage.

I have written to FOX Rent-A-Car at least 10 times - but sofar no reply at all!
Please send this review to FOX Rent-A-Car.

I can of course document everything.

leonora uribe

April 26, 2014

Summary:
Wasted 2 hours dealing with inept and rude reps", Frank needs another job, since he had no customer service skills, asked for the manager, Tammie, she was even worse....they told me my that my confirmation was cancelled to jack-up the weekly rate, then they tried to give a $189.00 drop fee, then they went on break, then they left the counter, guess what I took my business elsewhere and got a great Ford with leather and all the bells & whistles for $30.00 less than Fox!