Hertz Car Rental Company

More products from Hertz >>
Car Rental Company MSRP: $

We are proud to be the largest car rental company in the world, providing quaility rental service for 80 years.

Charles Thrasher

September 15, 2013

Ford Fiesta

Weaknesses:
Inaccessible customer service

Summary:
I was charged $244.30 for damage to a rental, $194.00 for the repair and an additional $50.00 for the vendor they used to collect the money. I paid promptly.

To receive reimbursement from my credit card company, I need an itemized list of repairs and a final repair bill. I was referred to the Hertz Claims Office in Dallas (1.800.227.9976).

I've called on numerous days, different times of the day, and always the phone rings endlessly or disconnects me without even an apology for atrocious service. I've submitted forms, even mailed them my request. The Claims Department remains inaccessible. It is infuriating not even to receive a reply.

This is probably the worst customer I've experienced. There are too many alternatives to continue suffering Hertz' insufferable service.

mickie

January 7, 2013

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Knoxville, TN

Strengths:
Their strength is to avoid answering questions.

Weaknesses:
Knoxville rental office charged us for 3 days, only had car for 2. Charged us for double the miles when their paperwork showed no mileage when the car was delivered. Have made 8 phone calls to different offices. Each one says to call another location or they can't help.

Summary:
Be very vigilant with your paperwork before paying. They will bill you for extra that you don't receive. We are contacting the BBB in Knoxville to file a complaint. Rented the car November 30,2012, this is January 7, 2013

Fred

December 8, 2012

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
everything about them

Summary:
I have been trying for two weeks to get a simple answer from Hertz on a car rental. I have sent numerous emails from their website and get a confirmation saying I will get an answer in 3-5 days. As I said, it has now been two weeks and as far as I am concerned, they will never see me at their place if that is the level of, or lack of service. If they can't answer a simple email, they are obviously not going to look after you or their cars.

Jamie

October 21, 2012

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
Rental policy

Summary:
We were charged the full amount of our rental after not picking up the car and attempting to change our reservation. Essentially charged two weeks worth of charges for one week's rental.

Conrad Senior

July 29, 2012

2011 Nissan Altima

Strengths:
This is a review of Hertz Rental Car

Weaknesses:
Company routinely screws over it's customers.

Summary:
I was billed an extra $300 for a rental car I used for a total of 3.5 hours. It was returned in the same condition I got it, with a full tank of gas.