National Car Rental Car Rental Company

More products from National Car Rental >>
Car Rental Company MSRP: $

National Car Rental is one of the nation's largest rental car companies serving the most popular domestic and international travel destinations by providing quality vehicles and service to business, and leisure customers.

Travel agents and consumers can review vehicle types and availability, make reservations, and receive virtually instantaneous confirmation and reservation numbers for travel to locations worldwide by going to: www.nationalcar.com

Shannon Taylor

July 2, 2011

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Logan

2009 Dodge

Summary:
I had a theft experience at Logan International Airport in Boston, MA on 6/27/2011. however, the employee that checked in my car was in the driver seat before I had my luggae out of the trunk and my personal carry-on off the passenger seat. I called the State Troopers assigned to that jurisdiction and filled a theft report. I had used the phone on the way to the airport for directions so I am sure of the time and location it disappeared. The Manager informed me that this was a current issue and that laptops and several other iPhones (including his personal iPhone) had been had been stolen out of cars! I submitted an email inquiry with Corporate and have heard nothing from them. My company is 18,000 employees strong and this is their preferred agency. They are currently looking into a higher level complaint wont hold my breath

Bruce Mackenzie

September 26, 2010

Price Paid:  $0.00 from SLC Airport

Summary:
DO NOT RENT from National Rental Car out of Salt Lake City Airport--you will turn in the car, then a company called "Purco" will assess you with a windshield damage, or some random damage, but not until 3-5 weeks after you turn it in, even if it's was turned in in a perfect condition like mine. The details: I was told by National Rental Car that this company was not legit, that they had nothing to do with them, but they went after me via a credit agency--listing a $332 bill against me. I'm and airline pilot who rented this car for one day, 25 mile drive--it was turned in with zero damage and full of gas; ie perfect renter. I do not know how long this fraud has been going on, but avoid renting cars from National Rental Car, esp out of Salt Lake City Airport.

Gregory

February 13, 2010

Price Paid:  $14478.00 from Yellowknife

2010 Chev

Strengths:
NONE

Weaknesses:
EVERYTHING

Summary:
Rented on line. Went to pick up window at scheduled time. NO one there.Called number for what they advertise as immediate customer service. I got the answering machine. Thanks for nothing. I will pay double if I have to in order to avoid this company. DO NOT USE THEM.

NONE

andrewhorning

January 18, 2010

Price Paid:  $563.00 from BWI airport, Marylan

Strengths:
Emerald Aisle had been very convenient...but WATCH OUT! They may jack the rate on you, and you'll not know it until you return the car.

Weaknesses:
"Emerald Aisle" became a bait & switch operation for me. They more than doubled my daily rates. And their rates are usually fairly high.

Summary:
First, I'll say that I've used both Travelocity and National Car Rental for quite a while with hardly any trouble at all. So maybe I was just due. I don't know. But I'm an "Emerald Club" member with National, and have mostly put that service into the top tier of providers.
So recently, when I'd made the reservation and was given a rate of 148.08, plus taxes and fees of 59.04 for a total of 207.12, I was surprised to see a bill for 563.33. Surprised and miffed; who's got throwaway money like that?
OK, I thought; bring the matter to them and they'll see reason.
I've never been in the position to ask for justice from them, so I was even more surprised to see that they stonewalled me. Really.
I've not been so completely ignored and dismissed by any company for quite a while.
I emailed a complaint and got this as a reply:
"When you made your reservation we were able to guarantee the rate we quoted you based on the information you provided for us. If at any time the data of the reservation changes, such as: vehicle, date of pick up, date of drop off, location of pick up, or location of drop off; the rate that you were quoted is no longer guaranteed. I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this may have caused."
But I got the car from the small car Emerald Aisle, and it was no Maserati! It was a Hyundai, and I'm an Emerald Club member anyway...why did they more than double my daily rate when I was there on time, I dropped off on time, and my only transgression was to fail to top-off the tank?
Oh, OK, I didn't notice the insurance tack-ons. But that added only trifles to the total. I won't quibble that extra $30. I'm after more than $300 purloined from me through a jacked-up daily rate.
There was no explanation of this rate-doubling, though I asked for clarification.
In fact I never heard from them again.
Maybe they don't like to play with Travelocity? OK, I submitted my complaint to Travelocity. With holidays and such, I'm cutting some slack time and perhaps this will work. But I shouldn't have been so badly treated by National.
I'd submitted the matter to the Maryland/Baltimore BBB, and they had contacted National.
Silence.
Unacceptible.

I've used all the other rental car services. I will not use National again.

Maria Byrne

September 30, 2009

Weaknesses:
NEVER USE NATIONAL - they have still have not returned a $200 deposit to me which I was due to pick up when I returned (a pretty badly serviced) car in NYC. This was nearly 3 months ago - DO NOT GIVE THEM CASH OR YOU CARD DETAILS......