Thrifty Car Rental Car Rental Company

More products from Thrifty Car Rental >>
Car Rental Company MSRP: $

Convenient car rental locations across the U.S.

You'll find a great rate on a great car rental at more than 300 conveniently located Thrifty car rental sites throughout the United States, including many at or near major airports. So for your next car rental, let us shuttle you FREE!

craig hess

November 8, 2014

Price Paid:  $276.00 from Tampa airport

vw Jetta

Strengths:
none

Weaknesses:
Girl at desk said I needed to purchase $96 insurance or I couldnt have car. After 3 mornings of phone calls and 3 hour drive (while on my vacation) to another office, I finally got it straightened out.

Summary:
Girl flat out lied about ins. Very nice guy at other location just shook his hesd and called them snakes. Said he's had to undo a lot of these. Stay away from Thrifty car rental

Chris

March 23, 2014

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
Rental agent that lies to sell product and a company that does not respond when this is brought the their attention.

Summary:
We rented a car in Fort Myers we expect that they will try to upgrade and sell things to us. However when we mentioned that we would be going to Tampa the agent said we had to pay for a toll pass. When we were told that would be $45 a week we said we would pass and pay the tolls as we went. The agent then said that we could not pay cash that all toll were electronic and the fine is about $100 if we did not have the pass. I even repeated this to him and he said yes. So we paid the additional $90 for a 2 week rental and left. When we traveled to Tampa we passed through one toll which we could have paid $1.25 cash to pass through. When I sent in a "how was your experience" email to Thrifty I received no response. This just show me that Thrifty as a company does not mind that their employees lie to sell product but I think may encourage it. I will never rent through Thrifty again and I advise everyone else not to.

I have rented with Enterprise and with Hertz both in the last year and was extremely please with both. I like Enterprise because a spouse is automatically covered as driver and there is no additional cost.

Cheryl james

April 17, 2013

Strengths:
Reservation site is easy to use

Weaknesses:
They picture american made cars on their website but when we try to get one for our reservation they only have foreign made ones available unless we want to upgrade which doubles
our cost. This happens time and time again. We won't be using them again. Way to support America Thrifty

Summary:
After an hour on the phone trying to get someone to help us get an American made car the bottom line is forget it! Price gouging at its best! They advertise American made cars but don't have them available .

Victoria Wallis

March 5, 2013

2011 Ford Focus

Weaknesses:
Thrifty car rental was the worst car rental I've ever used. The salesperson did a poor job of explaining each step in the signing procedure and was a poor listener as I specifically said I did not want insurance three times. It was also stated on my internet reservation that I didn't want any insurance options. When I discovered the error Thrifty was not accomadating at all and wouldn't refund the money to the tune of over $500. I will NEVER use Thrifty again. I feel the salesperson intentionally deceived me.

MarniM

July 6, 2012

Weaknesses:
Advertised as inexpensive rental but there were lots of hidden charges

Summary:
HOrrible customer service. Thought I was getting a cheap rental and then there were tons of add-on fees in the fine print. I will never go there again.