APR S4 Stage 1 Chip

More products from APR >>
S4 Stage 1 Chip MSRP: $ 499.00

Stage 1 chip upgrade for the Audi S4. Increases power to 307hp.

Dsquared

September 30, 2004

Strengths:
300 plus horsepower and about 10 minutes to install.

Weaknesses:
None

Summary:
I own APR's chip for an S4 I just sold. I put about 40K miles on the car with the chip installed and I had no issues. I purchased the chip with all four settings, stock/chipped/valet/race. If you are interested in buying it send me an e-mail at dieseldave@patmedia.net

Silver S4

June 4, 2001

Review 2 of 3 , from Seattle, WA

2001 Audi S4

Strengths:
Power enhancement throughout the RPM range

Weaknesses:
none so far

Summary:
I agree with Warren T's comments about the great improvements to the performance of the car. I have had the mod for 6,000 with no issues whatsoever, except for adding 1/2 quart of oil every 1,500 miles or so. You can cruise the freeway and never have to downshift to pass someone very quickly. The EMCS feature is not only good when you want to quickly switch back to stock for maintenance purposes, but I use it whenever I want a change of pace. Stock is fun because you use the gears more, then when you switch it back to modified, you appreciate the boost so much more. It keeps me from getting too used to the enhanced performance. I bought the spare ECU, which is why it's $995. Great improvements for the money.

None

Warren T.

March 2, 2001

Review 3 of 3 , from NJ, USA

2001 Audi S4

Strengths:
Power is AWESOME. My S4 was fast to start with, now it's a monster. Only APR has EMCS, which allows you to switch between several modes. Been chipped for 5,000 miles, no problems.

Weaknesses:
None that I can think of, really.

Summary:
5-star value rating because I got it on a killer sale!

Also on market--Garrett, MTM, plenty of others. Haven't tried them.