AEM Cold Air Intake

More products from AEM >>
Cold Air Intake MSRP: $ 199.00

The new AEM Cold Air Induction system generates more horsepower and torque than all other air intake devices.

A cold air intake system relocates the filter outside of the engine compartment to deliver cool air inlet temperatures. Cooler air carries more oxygen, which translates into a more intense explosion in the combustion chamber to create more horsepower and torque. But that's only part of the power equation. Tuning the inlet pipe in length and diameter to match the engine's resonance helps move more air to the cylinders (think of your engine as a big air pump), and this tuning allows us to deliver large power gains. We also monitor fuel trim correction factors and all OBDII sensors during product development to eliminate leaning the engine out and/or throwing a check engine light.

Rus steinebach

July 1, 2011

Price Paid:  $458.00 from Ron Tonkin Toyota

2005 Scion Xb

Strengths:
Nice power

Weaknesses:
No way to replace the filter.

Summary:
The unit was installed by the dealer on my new Scion. After five years of no service by the dealer (the mileage has been decreasing) I checked the filter to find that it is disintegrating. I can see daylight through the filter but can not replace it. I will have to pay another 300-400 dollars for the whole assembly. It's not worth it.

Dalton

May 18, 2011

Price Paid:  $240.00 from THMotorsports.com

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2.3L

Strengths:
Amazing sound, Noticeable power gain, Great fit

Weaknesses:
None

Summary:
It feels like I'm driving a new car! I see that people are getting better gas mileage, but I'm sure mine will drop from gunning it everywhere. I am shocked at how amazing it sounds! Was not expecting that. I floor it often just to hear the intake work. Installation was a pain because I did not remove the bumper or tire. Removing the resonator in particular was not enjoyable. Other than that, this has been $240 well spent. Highly recommended.

ferrarone

March 7, 2010

Price Paid:  $217.00 from Came with car.

2006 AEM COI

Strengths:
Increased performance, high powered engine noise (a positive for those that like that I suppose).

Weaknesses:
AEM filter rubber will crack considerably with time. Possibility of hydrolocking increases considerably over stock components - DO NOT GET AN AUTOMATED UNDERCARRIAGE WASH WITHOUT PROTECTING FILTER FIRST. Without going into the details, hydrolocking will completely destroy your engine.

Summary:
This came pre installed on my Mitsu Eclipse when I first purchased it 4 years ago. I didn't think much of it until I reinstalled the stock mitsubishi intake. I lossed a considerable amount of power, though my engine compartment was quieter. I cleaned by AEM filter andreinstalled the CAI. It performs better than before after I cleaned it.

Compared to oem intake manifold.

EXCivicGuy

December 26, 2008

Price Paid:  $250.00 from ProCivic.com

1999 99 Honda Civic EX

Strengths:
Looks great. Sounds Awesome. Great all around power.

Weaknesses:
Hydrolocking is a chance but can be fixed with a bypass valve.

Summary:
This AEM intake is awesome. Looks great and sounds cool. When my car is idling it has a nice humming sounds coming from the motor. Around 4000rmp it gets nice and loud. Acceleration improved a bit also.
Intake also changed my exhaust sound. It gave my exhaust a deeper sound when floored. Worth the money. But if you have a civic SI go with AEMs V2 intake, pricer but its a power house.

Injen Intake, K&N Intake.

dthiel3399@charter.net

May 22, 2008

2001 chevy sub

Strengths:
install a snap, great fit into origanal loction.

Summary:
This had to be one of the easiest installs, the fit was perfect took less than 30 minutes,has good sound when accelerating seems to have increased gas milage and beeter low end power.