DC Sports Intakes

More products from DC Sports >>
Intakes MSRP: $

The DC Sports Direct Air Charger is a sure fire way to improve your Honda or Acura with dyno tested bolt on performance. Because it takes more than just bending some tube to build a good intake, we spend countless hours in the R&D department to ensure that our parts work as we claim.

stefano18

September 24, 2005

Price Paid:  $0.00 from n/a

2000 Civic Si

Strengths:
sounds great looks good

Weaknesses:
scratches easy

Summary:
This intake was on the car when I bought it. I haven't really tried any other brand. I really like this intake it sounds amazing, it has a nice deep growl at low rpms and then when vtec kicks in it screams like crazy. I resently got my car timed, all I have is this intake and a b&m short shifter. The car is 15.7 stock car and Im not a professinal driver but I ran a 15.72 @ 88.9mph. all in all I think this is a great intake and it sounds great.

dee

November 20, 2003

Price Paid:  $0.00 from 0

2004 accord

Strengths:
engine sounds louder

Weaknesses:
everything else

Summary:
This product suck all it does for you is make your engine look better and that is about it. Dont buy this product only if you want to waste your money

home made stock intake KN Cold air intake, works better then aftermarket!

John Boothe

October 29, 2002

Review 3 of 22 , from Athens, GA, USA

Price Paid:  $65.00 from Car came with DAC; e

1998 Honda Civic EX

Strengths:
Great sound, particularly with the extension . . . if you want a fast, "quiet" car, you probably shouldn't buy a 4-cylinder import. Significant HP gain (don't know the numbers, but it's noticeable). Looks nice under the hood (except for the scratches . . . *grumble*). DEFINITELY go with the cold air extension; the power gain and sound change are worth it.

Weaknesses:
Polished aluminum finish is easily scratched, so be careful during install. Support bracket installation "instructions" are a joke, but didn't find the bracket necessary; the fit is pretty snug. I just bolted it in a place that looked like it would keep it from rattling. ;-)

Summary:
For the first several thousand miles I owned my car, I only had the DAC . . . I soon noticed that my performance increased noticeably with outside temperature change. Kind of annoying. I recently added the cold air extension, and the difference is highly noticeable. Gone is the significant HP change with the weather, and the powerband is most definitely wider . . . more push at both low and high RPMs. The extension even enhances the signature sound of the DAC, in my opinion . . . it's more "throaty." There is the concern of water . . . just be careful. I haven't had a problem, but I have yet to run into a situation where I'm forced to drive over standing water (and usually don't).

I've used the the DAC both with and without the cold air extension. Adding the extension creates a significant performance gain, *and* changes the sound even further.

stageup

September 20, 2002

Review 4 of 22 , from Alhambra, CA, USA

Price Paid:  $100.00 from ebay

93 Acura Integra RS

Strengths:
same as every other intake system, nice throttle response on cooler days, sucking sound is cool as always. improved gas mileage, which is the MAIN reason i got it.

Weaknesses:
on hot days, forget it, i think the stock works much better then.

Summary:
Well it was either this or the AEM for the short term, however since i am going turbo soon, it would be a waste to get the aem, and i could not pass up the 100 bucks for this DC DAC on ebay in the meantime. of course the aem provides more power, but its also 2.5x more expensive.

hks powerflow aem cai greddy airinx k&n

mav3rick

September 13, 2002

Review 5 of 22 , from Santa Rosa, CA, USA

Price Paid:  $170.00 from First-1.com

1991 Integra LS

Strengths:
Craftsmanship, looks, some gains in acceleration (high end of course ... Honda engine).

Weaknesses:
Mounting bracket is confusing.

Summary:
Really nice craftsmanship. I actually felt a little horsepower gain and better response in acceleration. Installation wasn't too bad except for the bracket, wish they had specified which way it went instead of me disconnecting the filter and flipping the bracket around a million times. All in all its a good buy just hope i can find a CAE for my model car now.

Stock