K & N Fuel Injection Performance Kits

More products from K & N >>
Fuel Injection Performance Kits MSRP: $

The K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit (FIPK) dramatically reduces intake restriction as it smoothes and straightens air flow. This allows your vehicle's engine to inhale a larger volume of air than the OEM air filter assembly. More air means more usable power and torque throughout the engine's RPM range, with even greater power gains in turbocharged and supercharged engines. FIPKs are available for many popular performance vehicles, and are designed to replace the original air filter case without jeopardizing important emission standards. Exempted by the California Air Resource Board, FIPKs make it possible to experience the rapid acceleration of enhanced air flow while meeting the tough emissions standards of C.A.R.B.. These FIPKs are washable, reusable and backed by K&N's unique 10 year Million Mile Limited Warranty.

akadjjay

October 27, 2008

Price Paid:  $150.00 from amazon.com

1999 Chevy S-10 pickup 2.2L 4Cyl

Strengths:
Increased horsepower and more immeditae response when you step on the gas pedal.

Weaknesses:
Actually decreased my gas mileage instead of increasing it. However this varys from vehicle to vehicle I have a friend with a Ford f-250 and his mileage went up 7 mpgs. from what I understand the S-10 is not the norm and most experience better MPGs. I am considering buying another K&N cold air intake for my 2003 Nissan Xterra to increase my MPGs. I am still very happy I bought the system and would recommend it for anyone who owns a 2.2L 4cyl S-10 since it has such a dramatic increase in performance.

Can be a bit loud when accelerating but maybe you want that.

Summary:
Noticed immediate increase in horsepower which was much needed in this little truck! More responsive acceleration right when you step on the gas. I mainly purchased the K&N cold air intake filter system so I could increase my fuel economy which didn’t seam to happen infact I think I dropped one or two mpgs. That being said I am very happy I bought it, the 2.2 4 cyl S-10 was a little scary to drive before I installed the filter due to sever lack of power. I would not say it’s a muscle truck by any means, but now I can pass people on the highway and have ample power to speed up when I need to. If I had to guess I would say it increased my horsepower by 15 to 25. I have now put 40,000 miles on the truck with the new filter and just cleaned it for the first time last night, it was easy to clean just purchase the K&N cleaner and oil and follow the directions

kevin

April 2, 2007

Price Paid:  $270.00 from 4 wheel parts

1999 burb

Strengths:
HP increase.
Much improved Throttle Response
MPG (got 2 mpg increase on highway)
Awesome sound
Easy Install

Weaknesses:
Hit on the wallet comparable to a kick in the groin.
Hoped for a little more low end HP but it is still a nice improvement and really starts to kick around 3k rpm.

Summary:
I just bought the kit for my burb and drove 900 miles on a trip. I'm very happy with it - the big lug is a lot more fun to drive now. I already have a set of flowmaster 40 series fart cans and the sound is even better with the K&N kit. SWEET!!!!!!!! The airbox is a little bulky in the engine compartment but overall it looks much cleaner than stock. I'd recommend this kit to anyone who has an upgraded exhaust or is planning to upgrade. Don't bother spending the $$$ on an intake if you don't let it breathe better.

k&n stock replacement filter.

Mike Bracke

March 9, 2007

Price Paid:  $245.00 from performance products

1995 Ram 3500/SLT diesel

Strengths:
Looks good, installs easy, adds value for an aftermarket upgrade.

Weaknesses:
none really, most would say the cleaning. but you gotta clean if you want it to perform like it should.

Summary:
I used a K&n drop-in filter before i bought this intake kit. With the smoother air flow, bigger filter my turbo spools up quicker way more throttle response. i would higly reccomend this intake kit over any other like air-raid, AEM. Just plain and simple you get more bang for your buck and the warranty is the best on the market as far as engine protection goes.

backup63

June 21, 2006

Price Paid:  $225.00 from S&S Performance

2003 Mustang GT

Strengths:
Easy installation
Powerfull, not flashy looks
Nice power gains
improved throttle response

Weaknesses:
A bit messy to service

Summary:
This is the first performance product that I have purchased. I was very pleased with the increased power and torque, but I was most excited by the increased throttle response.
Through research done prior to my purchase, I knew that I could expect about 15 hp in gains, and for $225, I felt it was a very resonable purchase. I knew that this wasn't a supercharger, and I wasn't a two hour bolt on away from being a Corvette beater, but 15 hp is a great place to start.
I am very satisfied.

wrm

June 3, 2006

Price Paid:  $34200.00 from a.c. collins paseden

2006 f-150 4.6 v8 supercharged

Summary:
COLD AIR INTAKES GUYS WHO COMPLAIN THEY DO NOT SEE ANY DIFERENCE, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR EXHAUST CHANGED TO BE ABLE TO EXIT THE NEW AMOUNT OF AIR . THEY GO HAND & HAND . DA!!!!!