BF Goodrich Control T/A M80

More products from BF Goodrich >>
Control T/A M80 MSRP: $

Combining BFGoodrich® Traction/Advantage with an 80,000 Mile Manufacturer's Limited Treadlife Warranty, the Control™ T/A®M80 is a true premium, all-season radial, offering the optimum combination of exceptional control and extended wear. It delivers exceptional control in all seasons and a precise, in-command driving feel. Available in 14-16 inch sizes.

mark quirin

January 28, 2007

1999 honda odyssey

Strengths:
they are round.

Weaknesses:
poor traction and tread wear.

Summary:
These tires sucked for my Honda Odyssey. On slightly wet pavement and a minimal hill grade, they would spin every time at start, to matter how hard or soft I stepped on the gas.
After about a year of use (and regular rotation) the tires began to make the steering wheel rattle a bit. I took it back to the tire shop and they told me that the steel belts had shifted in some of the tires (I never heard of that before) This of course was not covered under warranty.

Adam

April 23, 2003

Review 2 of 6 , from Denver, CO

1998, Honda Accord

Strengths:
Grip on all surfaces, including snow and ice; Good lateral stability during cornering; relatively quite on the highway for an all season tire; good wear and increased gas mileage

Weaknesses:
None so far

Summary:
I purchased a set of T/A M80 back in February and have been loving them ever since. Living in Colorado, I need a tire that can handle all kinds of road conditions and the T/A M80's have done marvelous. They grip well on snow and ice, provide a comfortable and quite ride on dry roads and handle the windy mountain roads better than any other all season I have ever had. For the price they are a steal! I highly reccomend them to anyone who drives in diverse conditions such as those present in Colorado.

Firestone Affinity

hawk0608

November 9, 2001

1999 Honda Odyssey

Strengths:
Nice neutral handling, fairly crisp turn-in for an all-season tire, decent on-center feel, great bite on wet pavement with the wide center tread. Seems like a nice compound ... offers smooth but not wallowy ride. Quieter at highway speed than OEM Firestones. Very good compromise between ride quality and handling for a normal sedan or minivan. I wouldn''t put them my Audi A4 or anything real sporty, but they are excellent on the right kind of car.

Weaknesses:
None really so far.

Summary:
The BF Goodrich Control TA M80 is a very good all-season tire and an excellent value. Haven''t had any snow experience yet, but these drastically improve every facet of driving my Honda Odyssey. The OEM Firestone Affinity tires were garbage -- rough riding, slippery in rain, total junk. They were dead at 33,000 miles. The Control TAs have a little wider footprint and slightly lower profile than the OEM Firestones of the same size (215-65-16s), which seems to help handling but does visually seem to leave a little more room in the wheel wells. The Control TAs are so much smoother than the OEM tires a couple annoying shakes and rattles in the vehicle have actually disappeared since I got them. Chose these over Goodyear Regatta IIs ... both tires well reviewed but the Goodrich''s were 70 bucks cheaper for four. Don''t regret my choice ... $350 for all four mounted, computer spin balanced, road hazard, lifetime rotation, everything included. Good deal.

None

L.J. Jonker

January 26, 2001

Review 4 of 6 , from Temecula, CA - USA

2000 Ford Taurus

Strengths:
Good dry traction. Good wet traction. Quiet, stable and confident high speed feel. They feel like a more expensive touring or high-performance tire. Very high mileage rating. Seemingly low-rolling resistance = increased gas mileage.

Weaknesses:
So, far no weaknesses, but if you had to dig for one, a bit on the firm-riding side.

Summary:
Very recommendable because of the value quotient. Good performance overall, should last a long time (Dunlops usually wore out at about 30K miles). If you want solid performance at a reasonable price, buy this product. Before trying the Control T/A's I thought I may not be happy with anything other than the Dunlop D60-A2. I still think the Dunlop is an excellent product, but I think the Control T/A is a better overall value, unless they end up wearing out a lot sooner than I expect. On the subjective side, I just like the way they feel on the Taurus. I have a tendency to like the "firmer, sportier" ride.

Dunlop D60-A2 on other Ford Taurus (3 sets over life of car). Dunlop slightly grippier in dry, BF a bit better in wet.

Sam

January 20, 2001

Review 5 of 6 , from Steubenville, Ohio, U.S.A.

1998 Olds Intrigue GL

Strengths:
I purchased 4 BF Goodrich Control T/A/ M80 tires size P225/60R16 - last
Saturday, January 16th for my wife's '98 Olds Intrigue GL.
I chose these tires based on the following information:

80,000 mile treadlife warranty
Treadwear - 540
Traction - A
Temperature - B
M&S rated with all-season tread design
Price - $75.00 per tire ... size P225/60R16

My wife and I like how the car rides and handles with the new Control T/A
M80 tires. Steering wheel response is crisp.

Weaknesses:
These tires are slightly noiser on dry pavement than the original factory
Goodyear Eagle LS tires.

Summary:
I would recommend this tire for someone looking for an all-season tread
design and as a replacement for factory supplied tires.

I compared this tire to a Michelin Symmetry. The Symmetry was priced at
$95.00 per tire in the size I needed ... P225/60R16 ... and came with a
65,000 mile warranty. I decided the BF Goodrich Control T/A/ was a better
value at $75.00 per tire.

Last Review >>