BF Goodrich Radial T/A

More products from BF Goodrich >>
Radial T/A MSRP: $ 40.00

Passenger Car | Sports Car | Pickup Truck | All-Season Tires

• Raised white letter and enhanced black sidewall styling to complement any vehicle
  • Superb lateral stability and steering response
  • Nearly 40 years of real racing heritage
  • Unique tread block phasing

Al

September 18, 2001

Review 1 of 10 , from Denton, TX

69 Chevy 1/2 ton

Strengths:
    decent cheap tire, but there''s better (ie Yoko Avid ST) for the same price.

Weaknesses:
    really scary in the wet. I have a mild 468 big-block spinning 373 gears so traction will always be a problem, but even with 275''s in the back I can''t hardly take off slow enough to avoid wheelspin. Then the trans hits 2nd and they break loose.

Summary:
    Would not use on my daily driver. Cheap, look good, ok acceleration & braking in the dry, good wear, soft sidewalls, ok grip but flexy through the corners. Scary in the wet. Good for your old fair-weather muscle car.

Yoko, Michelin, Bridgestone

Kirk Lane

July 26, 2001

1 to 3 years

Review 2 of 10 , from Chandler, AZ, USA

1970 GMC, 235/60 and 275/60

Strengths:
    Traction, price, looks on a classic, ride

Weaknesses:
    Wear, wet weather traction - granted, that truck doesn't have much to begin with, but it goes from having traction all over in the dry to being able to light them up at 1/4 throttle in a PUDDLE!!!!

Summary:
    I consider my truck to be less of a hardcore truck than a really big car with a huge open truck; I've lowered it 2.5" front / 4" rear and so it rides as such, and I never carry particularly heavy loads in it. So, why not get a tire designed for larger passenger cars? My dad always ran BFGoodrich Radial T/As in the past, then a 245/70 series tire all the way around when it was at stock height. Those tires were OK, but thanks to sitting for 10 years, dry-rotted. After going to the new tires and sizes (the treadpattern was updated noticeably, now running 235/60 for clearance in front, and nice wide 275/60 in back for traction!) I've been very much impressed with the handling and general traction ability of this 4000lb 31 year old pickup.

N/A

Jim

May 28, 2001

Review 3 of 10 , from Oklahoma City, OK

Strengths:
    Super tire. Handles wet or dry equally well. Look sharp, they are just about the best tire on the road.

Weaknesses:
    They are only rated to 112 MPH. Would like for them to be rated to 149MPH. BFG's high speed rated tires are usually too small for my rides.

Summary:
    Every time I need a new set of tires, I look at all products available for the vehicle, to see if something better has come along. I always come back to BFG because they are simply the best.

Used Michelins, Cooper, General, Uniroyal, Badyear. Michelins compare rather well to the BFG, but I wouldn't buy any of the other ones again. You couldn't give me a new set of Badyears.

John hardcock

May 24, 2001

Review 4 of 10 , from Canada

1980 trans am

Strengths:
    they last very well, they squeel like a son of a gun and the whit letters are very cool

Weaknesses:
    they provide poor wet traction and are a little soft in the sidewall

Summary:
    i have had these on my trans am and my camaro ever since 1990 the front ones last excellent but there always seems to be unusual wear out back....haha.

firestone and good years look like dump and last like dump

Tom

May 10, 2001

Review 5 of 10 , from Atlanta

1990 Toyota Xtra Cab 2WD Trk

Strengths:
    I use P205 70R14 's. I am on my 3rd set on my 216,000 mile Toyota V-6. These have good Dry traction and are good in Wet conditions for the first 15-20,000 miles. After that I think there is not enough tread left to displace water effectively and can cause white-knuckled hydro-planing in a heavy rain. They give a soft ride.

Weaknesses:
    Not great in a Heavy rain after 15-20,000 miles. I don't like to drive in the rain anyway. If you want a soft ride, you gotta give up some miles. Make up your mind.

Summary:
    I prefer the appearance and the ride of the BF Goodrich T/A Radials over the factory tires and Michelins. If the truck lasts long enough, I will get another set of the same.

I bought some Michelins after using up one set of these and I Really did get more miles out of them but I did not like the hard ride.