BF Goodrich Touring T/A TR4/SR4

More products from BF Goodrich >>
Touring T/A TR4/SR4 MSRP: $ 44.00

BFGoodrich® Traction/Advantage provides the Touring T/A®TR4 and Touring T/A®SR4 lines with more of just about everything you could want. Enhanced handling, improved high-speed wet traction, a spectacular advance in treadlife -- all without compromising on comfort or a quiet ride. It's no wonder they're standard equipment on many of today's new vehicles. Available in 13-16 inch sizes.

Bauchan

November 29, 2006

Price Paid:  $100.00 from Sam's Club

1988 Mercury Station Wagon

Strengths:
Great traction

Weaknesses:
None

Summary:
I bought a set of four B.F. Goodrich Touring T/A on my big old 1988 Mercury Station Wagon because it's tread looked more like a snow tire than Michilin, which I had used for years. Immediately the wagon handled like a sports car on all roads. I love the tires so much I bought a set of four for my big 1995 Lincoln Town Car and wife's big 1995 Ford Crown Vic. Stopping on all wet and dry surfaces and starting on wet or snow surfaces is much improved, though no replacement for common sense and slower speeds on ice. Snow tires increase noise, but there is no problem with noise on these. Starting and stopping needs edges at right angles to the direction of travel which these provide. Ridges around the tires like other All Season tires just act like ice skates when stopping. Ice skates stop when edges are turned sideways, like the sideways edges on these treads.

Switched from Michilin

sugarjo

August 4, 2004

Strengths:
None other than price, but you get what you pay for - they sucked in the snow.

Weaknesses:
Overall poor quality and perfomance.

Summary:
These tires have been on my Toyota minivan for a little over a year and the tread is so poor, that my every move is amplified - turns, braking, everything. I cannot believe that only after roughly 30,000 miles I have absolutely no tread left on these tires! I am buying new tires this week - Toyo Spectrums - they look awesome and my mechanic gives them rave reviews! Can't wait till I don't have to feel every pebble in the road.

David Miller

September 10, 2003

Review 3 of 7 , from Lake Park, Georgia

Price Paid:  $7400.00 from Sams's Club

2003 Goodrich Touring T/A

Strengths:
Quiet ride. Price. Above average performance for touring tire.

Weaknesses:
Only 45,000 mile warrantly for tread life

Summary:
I had difficult time to find "H" rated tire for my Subaru. Sam's had the Goodrich for only $74.00 each. I bought a set of 4 and am pleasantly pleased with my decision. I wanted Dunlops A-2 touring had to order them. Basically, the Touring T/A's provide a good steady ride. It gives good 'road feel' without giving a stiff or harsh ride. I wanted a quiet tire too. These Goodrich tires allow little roadnoise to enter the cabin. Very pleased as the Subaru had "Z" rated tires and were incredibly noisy. Performance, It IS a touring tire, so don't expect NSCAR cornering. But is does provide ample stability and 'griping' when corning or braking. Had a driving rain storm, and tires performed beautifully, Great traction, excellent wet braking and good channeling of water away from treads. For the money, these tires can't be beat. Why spend $125.00 for Michelin when you can half these for almost half the price.

Bridgestone Turanza Michelin's

Chad

July 30, 2001

More than 3 years

Review 4 of 7 , from Dubuque, Iowa USA

1999 Grand AM

Strengths:
Quite, comfortable ride. Consistent wear with a long tread life.

Weaknesses:
Hard to find this same tire as a replacement.

Summary:
Very pleased with these tires. I have over 74,000 miles on the tires and they are just now in need of replacement. Nice, comfortable, quiet ride with no performance complaints in any type of weather. Has proven to be an excellent tire with absolutely no tire related problems. I plan to buy the same tire as a replacement and would recommend the BFGoodrich Touring T/A (SR4) P215/60 R15 to anyone.

I have not used other tires in this size/category before, but have had similar luck with a BFGoodrich light truck tire. In the future, I will definitely look for a BFGoodrich before I look for any other tire.

Richard

July 15, 2001

More than 3 years

Review 5 of 7 , from Jacksonville Florida

Strengths:
Long life, good handling, good traction.

Weaknesses:
some tire noise, not too bad though, turn the CD player up a little.

Summary:
Very impressed with these tires. Purchased car new in Jan. 97, Car now has
just over seventy thousand miles on it and tires are just now in need of
replacement. I have had no tire related problems at all. I plan on buying
another set of T/A SR4, P195/65R 15's to replace the ones being removed.
What more is there to say!

Bridgestone, Pirelli, Toyo