BF Goodrich Traction T/A

More products from BF Goodrich >>
Traction T/A MSRP: $

Traction T/A® and Traction T/A Spec
Passenger Car | All-Season Tires

• Premium tread compound for excellent traction in dry, wet and snowy conditions
  • g-Wedge sidewall stabilizers reinforce sidewalls to help deliver spirited cornering and sharp reflexes in high-speed lane-change maneuvers
  • Traction T/A® tires carry an additional 70,000 mile limited warranty for treadwear or mileage

John1949

October 17, 2010

Price Paid:  $550.00 from Costco

Strengths:
    None

Weaknesses:
    Poor tire wear

Summary:
    I purchased a set of Traction TA's from Costco with a tire warranty of 60,000 miles. I have 19,000 miles on the tires and they are going bald.They have been rotated and rebalanced .I complained to Costco automotive and they said I did not rotate them in time.(I missed by 2,000 miles...)Rediculous!! I am hoping they will pro-rate the tires and do the right thing. I would strongly recommend that anyone that reads this post not buy this tire!!

Mark Erickson

September 10, 2010

Strengths:
    None!

Weaknesses:
    Lots of road noise and the tires go bald even if you rotate and have a four wheel alignment.

Summary:
    I bought these tires with the hope that they would last for more then two years. I balanced and rotated as recommended, and the tread was down to 4/32 of an inch after only driving on them for 11,750 miles! Fortunately, I bought them at Discount Tire, and I was able to buy a different tire. Needless to say, I'll never buy another BF Goodrich tire as long as I live!

None

lindsay

October 17, 2009

Price Paid:  $500.00 from costco

2002 ford focus zx5

Strengths:
    nothing!!

Weaknesses:
    going bald after 13k miles
    loud
    rough ride

Summary:
    this is my second set of bfgoodrichs in 2 years!! and just as terrible as the first set! why did i buy another. the first set i bought (g-force) went bald after 12k!!!! and now these ones are going bald in the middle only and they've NEVER been over inflated. went to costco today to get new ones but costco told me this is the way they were designed?? i think that's bull because why would they design a tire to go bald in the middle!? not ever ever going to buy bf's for my ford ever again. stick to yokahama or michelin's for sure!!

bf goodrich g-force pro (even worse!!)
    yokahama

tm

May 3, 2009

Price Paid:  $469.00 from Costco, Eden Prairie

2007 BFG Traction T/A HV, 205/50R16 87V

Strengths:
    Traction T/A's are 70% of the price of better quality Michelin's.
    BF Goodrich is a Michelin brand now.

Weaknesses:
    Loud.
    Poor to no traction on ice and snow.

Summary:
    I drive a 2001 Ford Focus ZTS. The original tires were Firestone. They were just fine. At 60,000 miles they had to be replaced. When I went to Costco, there were two choices: BF Goodrich Traction T/A's or more expensive Michelin tires. I chose the Traction T/A's.

I bought them in Jan 2007. We made it through that first winter, but their performance on ice and snow were so bad that my teenage daughter felt unsafe. In Dec 2007 I bought Michelin snow tires at Costco's recommendation. The tire shop guy said that the Traction T/A's were notorious for their lack of traction on snow and ice. The Michelin X-Ice studless snow tires were night and day difference.

Now in April 2009 when I changed back out of snow tires there was a real howl coming from the front of the Focus. At first I thought it was bad tires. I took it to Costco for them to take it for a test drive. They said that the Traction T/A's are just loud tires.

I took my car to the nearby Ford dealer asking them to look at the bearings. They said the bearings were fine, but that the front left tire had a flat spot. Took the car back to Costco. When they examined it again they showed me that one tire had "diagonal wear". Even though I had only 20,000 miles on the car (with two winters on the Michelin snow tires), they said it was wear caused by alignment or locked brakes. Given my previous investment, I bought a replacement BFG Traction T/A.

In hindsight, I wish I had bought Michelin's. Traction T/A's are $142.10 balanced and installed. Michelin's were quoted at $202. The car has 80,000 miles on it now. We'll see how long the rest of them last.

Firestone.
    Michelin replacement tires on my other 2 cars (93 Chrysler New Yorker, 2002 Honda Accord)

drew_man

November 23, 2008

Price Paid:  $220.00 from tire haus

2008 BF goodrich traction TA

Strengths:
    great traction on everything

Weaknesses:
    no good on icey roads

Summary:
    Got these tires slightly used put them on my 2002 honda accord coupe special edition 4 cyl. Tires had a few hundred k/m's on them. Great in the snow, wet, and dry conditions. No good on icey roads. great tires so far time will tell on tread life and wear.

Bridgestone potenza's, don't buy these tires if it snows where you live and not very good in the rain,