BF Goodrich Trailmaker Plus

More products from BF Goodrich >>
Trailmaker Plus MSRP: $

This winter radial tire is a great value that offers outstanding snow traction, stability and mileage. Special XTP compound enhances traction by keeping the tread flexible and working at low temperatures. Available in a wide range of sizes, including the popular 70 Series for fitment on many domestic and imported cars. Available in 13-15 inch sizes.

Bill Anton

January 28, 2008

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Sams Club

1990 trailmaker plus P205/75R15

Strengths:
OK tire first two or three seasons

Weaknesses:
Poorly made compared to other brands.

Summary:
This is a seasonal tire that I've had for about four years. I've put less than 6000 miles on these tires. I went to install them last fall and one of the tires (left rear) had sidewall separation manifested in a large lump in the inside sidewall. This is a overpriced, inferior product and I don't need to wonder why BF Goodrich no longer makes them.

FD Champagne

December 13, 2003

Price Paid:  $53.00 from Sam's Club

1995 Chevy S10-ExCab P/U

Strengths:
High mileage Incredible grip Great snow charateristics Handles heavy mud

Weaknesses:
They don't make them anymore

Summary:
These tires have performed beyond any of my expectations. They have been phenomenal snow tires, performed admirably on muddy job sites, and still maintained good ride qualities when the roads were clear. I have 93,000 documented miles on them and they are ready for yet another New England winter. Please, BFG, bring them back; we'll buy them.

Fred Neace

May 4, 2002

Review 3 of 5 , from Rochester Hills

1989 Gmc c1500 4x2

Strengths:
On rear of vehicle they are a good 3 season tire, and haul a good load.

Weaknesses:
on front of vehicle, they have a knobby ride, are excessively noisey. During winter they slip easily do not stop well on packed snow, I would attempt to use this tire on ice. I enjoy living to much.

Summary:
I used these tire over a several year period, I attempted to use them during the winter and had switch over the sears road handler snow ice & tires which are no longer available. On a slight incline of packed snow the trail maker plus would not grip, causing me to back up and get a running start. that night I switched tires to randhandler ice & snow. the next morning purosely stopped on the same snow packed incline, the roadhandler snow & ice tire walked right up it without a even slipping.

Sears, Roadhandler snow & ice tire. Excellent winter drive tire but are noisey, the most effective winter drive tire I have ever use on a 4x2 full size pickup. unfortuneately they are no longer availa

Paul

February 3, 2002

1993 Dodge Colt

Strengths:
Traction on any surface,long wearing/deep tread design,LOW cost (cant be beat).They make other snows look like Slicks!

Weaknesses:
Noise and vibration at speed on bare highway.

Summary:
The Trailmaker Plus tire...an excellent tire!! Dont want to get stuck? Want to get where you plan no matter the weather? Want to make your front wheel drive a "tank"? You need these!! I went from Pirelli Winter S-2s (an excellent tire),and got these because the Pirellis were discontinued.Now I learn that BF Goodrich (Michelin) has removed TrailMakers from their website and only offers the less agressive WinterFire.Shame on you BF Goodrich.....these tires are EXCELLENT!!!! I urge other tire makers to copy this design (Goodyear,Uniroyal,Pirelli...etc) because it works!! Who needs an SUV with these tires?? NO ONE!!!

Pirelli Winter S-2 (sadly no longer available either).

Jim

December 8, 2000

More than 3 years

Review 5 of 5 , from Edmond, Oklahoma, USA

1988 Ford Mustang

Strengths:
120,000 miles before they need to finally be replaced!

Weaknesses:
Some (truck-type) of road noise and vibration; so what? It's a work car!

Summary:
Yes, I just finished 120,000 miles on a set of BF Goodrich Trailmaker Plus M/S tires I put on the back of my Ford Mustang up in Alaska back in 1992!

They are great tires! Just throw 2 or 3 sandbags in the trunk, and these tires keep out of all kinds of trouble in the snow, which is why I bought them in the first place!

Now it's finally time to replace these 2 beauty tires! Someone told me that the Trailmaker is no longer made -- wrong! I plan to special order the new Trailmaker Plus and keep that Mustang wild and free in the winter snows we infrequently have here in Oklahoma (but when it does snow, it makes for a big traffic mess -- which is why I like the Trailmaker series!)

Way to go, B.F. Goodrich! You 'da boss!

Jimbob!