Bridgestone Tires Blizzak REVO 1

More products from Bridgestone Tires >>
Blizzak REVO 1 MSRP: $

The worst of winter has met its match. The Blizzak Revo 1, a studless tire, with UNI-T technology has been designed for severe ice or snow conditions, and to allow for a solid grip on wet and dry roads. These Blizzaks have a cross riblet surface for new tire traction, and bite particles that help grab the ice while a multicell compound cuts through and disperses the water. This winter, put on your Blizzak Revo 1 tires, bundle up, and you're ready to go.

Al

December 27, 2011

Price Paid:  $100.00 from Used

2008 Honda Accord V-6 4-dr

Strengths:
Traction in snow.

Weaknesses:
NOISY! One of the loudest car tires I've owned (over 30yrs of winter driving & dozens of cars). Rough on bumps

Summary:
It does well in snow, packed snow and ice. It's definitely not like a summer tire. Use in winter conditions only! I have them on my wife's car (2 winters now), and if they were on mine, they'd be gone. She likes them, I don't like the constant growl coming into the pass. compartment.

I've owned many, many Bridgestone Blizzaks, dating back to the 80's. Have used them on cars from VW's to Hondas to Saabs, and I think they're the best in snow, hands down. I DO NOT recommend these REVO 1 Blizzaks, however. I got them used, for $100, and wish I could sell them again, but my wife won't let me, she likes them that much.

Sam

August 25, 2010

2002 pontiac sunfire

Strengths:
dry traction

Weaknesses:
hydroplanning
deep snow
light snow
icy road
traction in general

Summary:
Those tires have being the worst tire I ever had on a car. In the past year I've got the chance to try around 6-7 model of winter tire and they were the worst of all. In the last two years I get stuck in my parking, unable the climb a small hill and almost lost control of the car 5-6 times. It's important to say that the tire were new with full tread on. The things I've found is that the tread pattern isn't self cleaning has no resitance for hydroplaning. The good thing about those tire is there dry traction, they are good for winter tire. I most say that I'm use to drive on General altimax hp for summer time (which are I think onbe of the best summer tire for passenger car by now). I was so disappointed by the blizzak that I put my summer tire for the rest of last winter and curiously the traction, the hydroplaning resistance, the braking, the steering on snow has increase!!

Don't buy those tire they're Dangerous

here's are some tire have've tried that perform well : toyo open country, nokian hakkapeliitta, Nordic winter track (unidirectional tread pattern), pirelli winter carving
perform ok: Uniroyal tigerpaw, kumho izen stud

This year I'm putting on michelin x-ice xi2 hoppefully they'll be better then the revo 1

jockeyhollow

November 20, 2008

2006 Volvo V-50 T5 AWD w/REVO 1's

Strengths:
grip, confidence, great looks (mounted on black steel (cop) wheels...bad!

Weaknesses:
tread wear

Summary:
I live on top of a 800 foot ridge with shear drop-off on either side of the road. Every winter someone tests gravity and their sense of self by driving down this road with their "low-profile" summer tires. Even with all wheel drive, this road is challenging. Now that I use the Bridgestone Revo 1's I can laugh at the ice and snow... My Volvo has a 6 speed manual and I just drop it into 2nd and let the engine take me down the hill. No more white knuckle moments!

none

Jeff

October 23, 2008

Price Paid:  $225.00 from Tire Rack

2002 Ford Focus

Strengths:
Driving on ice or hard packed snow!

Weaknesses:
Whenever it gets above 45 degrees they get real soft but thats with all winter tires

Summary:
Great winter tire! Never got stuck in deep snow or slid around on hard packed snow or ice!