Bridgestone Tires BT70s

More products from Bridgestone Tires >>
BT70s MSRP: $ 37.00

Features: - Features UNI-T™, Ultimate Network of Intelligent Tire Technology. - S-Speed rated all-season radial designed to deliver outstanding wet performance, especially wet handling and traction. Available in 13-15 inch sizes.

Art

March 10, 2001

More than 3 years

Review 1 of 7 , from Las Vegas, NV

Strengths:
I have a 93 Toyota Camry LE and these tires stop well in dry or wet, fairly quiet on highway, pretty good handling.

Weaknesses:
None that I can think of at present.

Summary:
I think Bridgestone makes a pretty good tire for the price, thought about going with Michelin X-1s, but would have spent about $25 more per tire. I also just bought a set of Firestone FT70C's (highly rated by Consumer Reports)for my 92 GMC truck, and I am extremely satisfied with them, although there are a lot of Firestone's out there which are just not worth the money. Since I don't see any reviews on the FT70Cs, I am going to review them next.

BT70s replaced Bridgestone Turanza S (touring tires)...Turanza's were a bit quieter and lasted almost 60,000 miles, but caught a lot of nails and at least 4 or 5 flats (soft tires)...hope the BT70s last as long without the flats.

gerry

May 24, 2000

Review 2 of 7 , from atlanta

95 honda civic

Strengths:
Wet traction, handling, noise level (while cruising down the freeway).

Weaknesses:
A little noisy when cornering.

Summary:
I paid $269 for a set of 4 (175/70/13). For the time I've had them, I have no major complaints. I think the noise while cornering my go away in time. But I really like how they handle in wet weather. We tend to get a lot of rain here, and wet traction was a big concern for me. These tires more than meet the demand. Overall, not a bad tire at all.

Replaced a set of Pirellis. These tires were so bad, I purposely forgot the model. These are a big improvement.

John

March 20, 2000

Review 3 of 7 , from Oregon

Strengths:
Excellent wet traction, very good dry traction, good value for the performance. 30 day trial period to return the tires.

Weaknesses:
None for me.

Summary:
Paid $290.00 installed. These tires merit serious consideration if wet traction is a priorty.

Replaced Bridgestone F411's on 1997 Subaru Wgn AWD and noise factor is apx same but the traction/safety improved tremendously over the previous tires.

Paul Davis

March 19, 2000

1 to 3 years

Review 4 of 7 , from Georgia, usa

Strengths:
wet traction, touring tire class performance (almost!),
ride improvements from previous tires.
Price was good too.

Weaknesses:
Noise! the large blocks that make up the sides of the tread
cause a humming noise at speed, mostly when pressed into a
corner. this may be my setup, but I'd think they'll still be
louder than michelins or others.

Summary:
These tires ,size 205/65/r15, replaced my old BFG radial t/a
tires on my toyota tacoma truck. They are much quieter now
after 20,000+ miles. I might go with another tire for the
price. Purchased early 99 from Johnston Tire & Wheel.
I paid $330 approximately, my tire dealer is known for their
reliable & knowledgeable service at a decent price, maybe
not the greatest prices.

replaced BF Goodrich Radial T/A, only improvements are the
wet traction and ride.

Mitch

February 15, 2000

Review 5 of 7 , from Lexington, KY

Strengths:
Wet traction

Weaknesses:
Mileage?

Summary:
Entirely agree with Matt...these are the best wet traction tires I've ever used. Installed them on my C-RV and they've never slipped once in 5,000 miles of highway driving like the B Fs used to. My only gripe is I think my MPGs took a slight hit but the increased traction is worth it...as long as gas prices don't go up too much more!

B F Goodrich