Futura Super Sport GLS

More products from Futura >>
Super Sport GLS MSRP: $ 57.00

T Speed Rated to 118 MPH Siped Clock Tread Steel Belted Contruction Dual Tread Compound 50/60/65/70 Series Raised White Letters UTQG 440-AB (50 Series 15" 440-AC)

Ray

May 1, 2013

Price Paid:  $300.00 from Pep Boys

2000 S-10

Strengths:
Price, one of few white letter tires available in a 60 series.

Weaknesses:
Alot of negative reviews about the Futura tires. keep in mind anything over 5 years old should be replaced. Budget price tire soft side wall.

Summary:
Any used tire or tire 5 years or older may fail at any time, especially if out doors!
Most people buying a futura are looking for cheap, may not have the best driving habits, curbs, pot holes, Alignment, Proper tire Pressure, tire plugs and patches all play a part. Don't expect a $300 set of 4 to do what a $1000 set can.

Just bought a small S-10 truck and it had 3 different types of tire, with plugs etc, wanted a new set for piece of mind.

Fred C Dobbs

June 14, 2010

Price Paid:  $40.00 from pep boys

1976 mercdes benz 450sel

Strengths:
cheap

Weaknesses:
cheap

Summary:
I bought futura touring radials years ago for an old car I drove once a month or less. The tires were several years old but had less then 7500 miles on them. All four bubbled under the tread or seperated. The last tire I had to change looked brand new but I guess it should since the treadwear was 560. However it was no longer round.

worse tire puchase of my life.

Don't skimp on tires

Gerald C

December 8, 2009

Strengths:
They are black!!

Weaknesses:
You put them on a car.

Summary:
I bought 4 of these tires for my 2005 impala, which my wife drives with mt children as passengers. 3 of the 4 tires suffered catastrophic failure with more than half of the treadlife left.
If you are into suicide, these are the tires for you.if you hate someone enough to murder them, buy them a set of these puppies, game over!!If ever a death trap was concealed in petroleum based substances, that trap is a Futura GLS Super Sport, sorry dinosaurs your tar pits are obsolete!
I will not ever buy a Futura tire again, even if it is to make a tire swing! Not fit for rubber mulch.

Tires (actual ones)

baran220

September 30, 2009

Price Paid:  $0.00 from On car when purchase

2000 235/55/16 Futura GLS tires

Strengths:
Good below 30K miles, they are cost effective compared to others.

Weaknesses:
After 30K Miles they go away and in a Camaro that handles well, it is very pronounced. Also, I live in the North East and it seems that these tires do not like the cold, especially cold and wet weather.

Summary:
Tires had less than 20,000 miles when I bought my 2000 Camaro V6 Coupe. I have put 13,000 miles on the car/tire in one year. Tires felt and drove great until they went over 30,000 then they fell off drastically. Wet traction, ride, feel, the cold and/or hot weather really have a different effect on these tires. In the heat they feel and are have good handling, in the cold they ride and feel terrible. Now that they have over 30,000 miles the rear traction has gone away tremendously from a standing start. I have not pushed them in the wet because I like my Camaro too much to trust the tires now. The strange thing about them is this; they don’t build that much air pressure even after highway driving @ 65 or 70. Normally a tire will build a couple of pounds of pressure, these don't? If you run them at 30 PSI cold and go on a long highway trip your actually wearing them out!

I have 4 cars and I have used every type of Goodyear, Bridgestone, I hate Dunlop tires, they are worse. Goodyear has a good tire most types, it is to bad they are such a rip off with their prices.

jackpepper2000

August 30, 2009

Price Paid:  $0.00 from n/a

1989 P225/50/15

Strengths:
Dry roads they are a great tire.Good price if you can stay alive long enough to enjoy them

Weaknesses:
Just cann't see me running them ever again.

Summary:
Ok, here goes.I bought my friend's 89 Mustang GT Conv.I bought it cause it's a classic. it has the Futura 225/50/15 on the front. They seem to be great tires,the next thing I knew my right front tire sepperatied with a great big bump on it.And havn't had the car but just 6 months.Now I got on the web page and read all the bad things here, I just cann't bring myself to ever buy another Futura ties,Thxs for the posted notes...