General Tire Altimax HP

More products from General Tire >>
Altimax HP MSRP: $ 49.00

The Altimax HP features a Twin Cushion Silica Tread Compound that places a high-density, all-season top compound for year-round traction and long wear above a low-density foundation compound that absorbs road vibrations to provide a comfortable ride. The tread compound is molded into a directional tread design featuring sweeping, high-angle tread grooves that are sized using sound wave suppression to reduce road noise for a quiet ride.

Tom Friesema

February 25, 2011

Price Paid:  $0.00 from N?A

2008 Mustang GT

Strengths:
hold the road well

Weaknesses:
very noisy from 20-65 MPH..Too much front end vibration

Summary:
I only have 400 hundred miles on these tires after purchasing the vehicle with them already on it. I plan on replacing all 4 and selling them at a loss on e-BAY

amos speziali

February 22, 2011

Price Paid:  $99.00 from ace automotive

2010 altimax hp 215-60-r16

Strengths:
i was impressed with thread design looks of tire

Weaknesses:
it is extremely loud hum at all times so loud it reminds me of when i had studs on my snow tires in n.y.

Summary:
i would not recommend these tires to anyone they are annoying at all times

n/a

Joe Helming

October 11, 2010

Price Paid:  $132.00 from Ford Dealer

2009 Altimax HP

Strengths:
nice looking tire

Weaknesses:
In a period of 16 months had 3 different side wall blow outs for no apparent reason

Summary:
This tire suffers from a manufactures defect,never again

Lou77450

June 28, 2010

Price Paid:  $77.00 from Discount Tire

2006 General Altimax HP

Strengths:
Outstanding Handling. Put them on my 2006 Honda Accord EXL. Great in rain and snow too.

Weaknesses:
Side wall a bit soft, however they handle very well.

Summary:
used to replace Michelin tires which were horrible. They were lousy in rain and mat high speed!

Used General Exclaim on my Acura RL. The Exclaim are OUTSTANDING too!

shanepb

January 18, 2010

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Tire Warehouse

2005 Pontiac Sunfire

Strengths:
Quieter than the Dunlop Sports I replaced. Good in/on snow; so-so on ice; good in rain. Reliable. Reasonably priced.

Weaknesses:
I haven't found any weaknesses. I've read about "pulling," but those people may have needed a front end alignment.

Summary:
These were suggested to me seven months ago, based on my driving style, to replace my discontinued Dunlops. At first I wasn't sure if I liked them, and the first few rainy days I drove with them I drifted on tight turns, but I chalked that up to their newness and my initial unfamiliarity with them. Now I don't drift in the rain and I have no trouble getting through several inches of snow on unplowed roads. I like them better than the Dunlops and would get them again. Not sure if my performance differs because they are nitrogen filled. I would not hesitate to buy them again.