Goodyear EAGLE HP

More products from Goodyear >>
EAGLE HP MSRP: $ 54.00

With a unique directional tread design, Eagle HP provides exceptional wet traction, especially during braking. Premium construction delivers responsive handling and excellent durability. Available in 14-17 inch sizes.

doug

May 6, 2009

2000 Chevy Impala LS

Strengths:
Wonderful dry backroad cornering, an okay tread design, wonderful looking sidewall, 340 treadwear are great for 20" rims, traction A, temp. A

Weaknesses:
Traction should be a B!
Tread design could be more aggressive
noisey, mushy sidewalls when pushed hard into a corner, not standing water friendly at highspeeds

Summary:
I have been about 6,000 miles or so on these tires. I had toyos before that were okay, but 2 mushy for a car this size. The HP wasn't aggressive looking as i'm use 2, but i went with the great deal for 2 anyway. Here in NC we have flash floods out of a thunderstorm and im use to driving normally with my 255/35/20 as they slice through the water, BUT THESE DO NOT! I will be replacing these 2 with General Exclaims ASAP! I need tires that I can drive 70 or better on the highway in the way and not be scared of hydroplaining off the roadway. its scary to be driving right along and all of a sudden your front end starts 2 pull and u have traction control and ESC lights flashes as if i had no traction at all.

General Exclaims (wonderful)

JP

April 4, 2008

Price Paid:  $20000.00 from Whittier, CA.

1987 Shelby Lancer Turbo Sport Sedan #606

Strengths:
Predictable, sticky, retains heat well, quiet.

Summary:
The best street tire I have ever used. Price, performance and agility of the product is bar none. Extremely responsive with terrific traction control at any level. I was hesitant on this purchase but gave it a shot. Needless to say... it was the best buy of any other.

Eagle GTII's, NITTO 555 & 450's, Gatorbacks, Dunlops, Michelin's.........

Jay

December 14, 2003

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Columbia, South Caro

2001 Honda Accord 4 CYL EX

Strengths:
Look good. Very sporty looking.

Weaknesses:
Extremely loud, noisy, bumpy. Takes to unsmoothroads very hard. Doesn't handle bumps, cracks in road well at all (not that any car would) but this is RIDICULOUS.

Summary:
These new Eagle HPs have been on my car less than 24 hours and I am miserable. I have never experienced such a hard drive in my life. Very noisy and bumpy ride. Almost feels like I am driving on cobble stones. NOT a smoothe ride in any way. I just replaced Michelins which are the original tires. The loud, bumpy ride is so extreme from what I had with the Michelins. I don't have any particular brand loyatly and had no reason to switch from Michelin. Just shopped around and found best price with tire I was told would be comparible to what I had. I will be at the dealer first thing Monday morning, but not sure what options I have other than to face the fact I have made a horrible decision. Curious to hear if others have experienced similar problems. I sincerely hope this is an isolated case. Thanks.

Michelin (original tires from when purchased cars new.)

David Florance

November 7, 2003

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Tire Rack

1997 Buick/Regal GS

Strengths:
Tire longevity. Good traction in weat climate when the tires were not too worn.

Weaknesses:
Slightly mushy in hard cornering, but acceptable.

Summary:
I replaced the original Goodyear Eagle LS tires with the Goodyear Eagle HP and got much more mileage from the HPs. I just replaced them after 55,000 miles and they were still above the treadwear lines. The cornering was a little mushier than with the LS tires; a worthwhile sacrific considering the longevity of the HPs.

Goodyear Eagle LS.

Stephen Nowlan

December 17, 2002

Review 5 of 24 , from Halifax, NS, Canada

2000 VW Passat 1.8t

Strengths:
A good replacement for when you out grow your toboggan (that's a sleigh for you southern folks)

Weaknesses:
Absolutely no good when snow is laying on wet pavement.

Summary:
I got these tires free of charge because they were on my father's car when he bought it and he wanted Michelins. I thought they would be a half decent winter tire and I would buy a great set of summer tires. My first time driving in snow with them came about a week after having them mounted. About 6 inches of snow came down while I was at work. I could not get up the hill that I live on, I had to go around the long way which is less steep. I could not believe how bad they were in the snow, I was doing better with the old tires that were almost bald. This was only a week ago and I am buying some Arctic Alpins today and rims to put them on. These Goodyears will be for summer only and I'll be driving hard to kill them as fast as I can.

Michelin X-one: also not the greatest snow tire, but awsome in the rain. Michelin Arctic Alpin: Great in the snow, had them for winter tires on an Integra and it felt like a bulldozer in the snow.