Kumho Solus KR21

More products from Kumho >>
Solus KR21 MSRP: $ 34.00

The Solus KR21 is a high mileage premium passenger tire designed to deliver long mileage, outstanding ride comfort and all season traction. Created for drivers of domestic and imported sedans, minivans and wagons, the Solus KR21 provides high levels of handling and grip while maintaining low noise levels throughout the life of the tire. Utilizing Kumho’s newest compounding technology, improved wet, dry and snow traction make the SOLUS KR21 the perfect choice for a wide variety of vehicles and drivers.

Joseph mach

September 28, 2013

Price Paid:  $450.00 from Sullivan Tires

1997 Mountaineer

Strengths:
My 1st set of Kumho KR 21's lasted 17,000 miles and vibration starting at about 10,000 miles. 2nd set of KR 21's installed (dealer paid for 80% of cost) with immediate vibration as the SUV accelerates. I've had it. Removing these crappy tires and installing Michelins. Save yourself a lot of trouble and just pay the $100 difference and get a good tire. The Kumho's just don't cut it..

Weaknesses:
You will get 20% of the mileage advertised.

Summary:
The government should step in and investigate if these tires are safe.

Michelin

Gary Long

May 27, 2012

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Tire Store

1996 Buick Century

Strengths:
They were new

Weaknesses:
Unusable

Summary:
I have run Kumho tires on all my vehicles for years with no problems. These tires are 2 years old with 15,000 miles. I started having ride and vibration problems at 10,000 miles. Rotate and balance helps the problem for about a week (maybe 100 miles) then it starts again. This KR21 is the worst tire I have ever owned. I am replacing them with 15,000 miles of driving only. The belts are constantly changing inside the tires. Kumho will not return my calls about any kind of warranty. The tire store I bought them from will not honor the warranty either based on their experience with Kumho. I replace the tires with Hankooks and the car rides smooth. I installed the used Kumhos on my Chevy S-10 and you can barely stand to drive it from the vibration. Therefore, I will never buy this tire again and I will never buy any Kumho tire again because of lack of customer service.

Andrew

December 5, 2011

Price Paid:  $93.00 from OK Tire

1998 VW/ Golf

Strengths:
looks nice

Weaknesses:
I had 14" tires on my Golf and they only lasted 25,000km

Summary:
WILL NEVER BY AGAIN!!

Uniroyal, Michelin

Bess

December 4, 2011

Price Paid:  $93.00 from Frank's Discount Tir

2004 Pilot

Strengths:
Great price and reduced noise. Handled better than the OEM.

Weaknesses:
Didn't get value of 80,000 miles off this tire. More like 40,000. Tolerable noise came back after 7,000. As I mentioned before handled better than manufactured tire but expected more based upon tire rating 640AB.

Summary:
The tire did perform much better than the Integrity but I'm willing to increase my budget slightly for a tire that will give me what I paid for: longevity and performance.

tony

February 19, 2011

Price Paid:  $9.00 from percisiontune alabam

2007 toyota highlander

Strengths:
quiet ride best value 85,000 mile tire set for $465.00 this is my second kumho purchase very affordable , reliable to this point.

Weaknesses:
great driveability in all southeast weather

Summary:
I like and will buy again.

michellin, toyo, continental