Review 3 of 3|
Year / Model Reviewed:
2006 Audi A6 - Maxxis MA-Z1
Wet Traction, Z rated, low noise, PRICE -PRICE- PRICE and a great looking tire.
Not a recognized name.
After learning that my OEM tires were going to cost $375.00 to replace, I decided to research other options. In the end after reading countless reviews and researching different websites and blogs I found 2 tires that were exeptional buys. They have all the performance and aesthetics of tires 3 times as much and perform every bit as good. The winner was the Maxxis MA-Z1 with the General Exclaim UHP coming a close second. This link says it all -www.ls1.com.au/forum/archive/index.php/t-39508.html Here's the decription:Description: ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE RADIAL
MA-Z1 is an ultra high-performance radial featuring an aggressive unidirectional tread design. The MA-Z1 offers excellent cornering and handling ability as well as superior wet and dry traction.
Rated Best in Wet Braking & Noise
The MA-Z1 Victra was rated best in wet braking & noise in Wheels Magazine 2006 tire test.
Features & Benefits
* Aggressive unidirectional tread design.
* Solid center rib with stiff shoulder blocks.
* Specially designed rim protector.
* High-tensile steel belts.
* Advanced silica compound for improving wet traction and rolling resistance.
* Excellent cornering and handling stability.
* Superior wet and dry traction.
* Swift response and minimum noise level at high speed.
* UTQG 280 AA A
* BSW = Black Sidewall
They are a 40 year old co. (European) that sells a variety of tires. They are now marketing in the US. The deal I got on this tires is amazing!! 245/40/18 retail for $200+ and I got them for $88.00/tire. I hope this review helps you. Good luck!
Similar Products Used:
General Exclaim UHP, Fusion, Kuhmo