Nitto NT-450

More products from Nitto >>
NT-450 MSRP: $

Extreme uni-directional tread design provides NT-450 radials with excellent wet weather performance and superior traction performance, while delivering smooth and quiet ride.

Swankmotee

November 15, 2013

Price Paid:  $80.00 from Discount Tire

1994 Acura Integra GSR

Strengths:
None anymore!

Weaknesses:
Extremely bad wet weather performance, very scary to drive anywhere in the rain at normal speeds!!!!!

Summary:
I have run 4 sets of these tires on my car and have been very satisfied with their performance up until this latest set. I have slipped and slid on every kind of pavement in the wet and even slammed a curb from 35mph trashing my rim and knocking my alignment out! I went back to my local Discount Tire shop and asked them to help me figure out what my options were and they called Nitto and of course they would do NOTHING for me! Needles to say I will never purchase another tire from them ever again and go back to the Falkens and stand pat!

Falken ZIEX,Dunlop,Michelin,Pirreli,ect.

schan1269

November 26, 2007

Price Paid:  $200.00 from friend

1995 nitto nt 450

Strengths:
if you drive aggressively...i guess the strength is you can crash easy

Weaknesses:
everything

Summary:
these things are like driving on ball bearings....on a stock miata with 205/40/17 tires..they spin in 1st when it is dry....in the wet...anything over 4000 at full throttle (in the first 4 gears no less) you get tire spin....not fun on the freeway....wet stopping...HAHA..these things need to quit being sold

toyo proxes, bridgestone potenza

boondoxmax

June 20, 2007

Price Paid:  $80.00 from online

2003 nissan maxima se

Strengths:
None..

Weaknesses:
soft sidewalls
loud
poor handling

Summary:
These tires are pure junk. They will make your car sound like you have bearing problems and the noise is unbelieveable. The sidewall is so soft that handling is poor and they roll in corners. I can't wait to take them off. Whatever you do, don't purchase these.

RegalGS

December 26, 2005

Price Paid:  $90.00 from discountTire.com

2000 Buick Regal GS

Strengths:
Price, dry handling.

Weaknesses:
Wet traction under full throttle starts.

Summary:
I have had the Nitto NT 450's (235/55 R16) on my 2000 Regal GS for 60,000 miles. I use them in summer and winter, and they have been a great tire for the money. The stock Goodyear GSA's that came with this car were terrible, so this was a nice upgrade for not a lot of cash. The Nitto's are definitely not the best tire out there, and they could use a little more wet traction for the 300+ hp on my GS, but again, for a bargain tire, these rate highly. I found their dry performance to be excellent, and would only take away points for the wet starts under full throttle.

solo2skivic

March 29, 2004

Price Paid:  $87.00 from locally

1999 Civic EX coupe

Strengths:
Look nice no eggs in any tires

Weaknesses:
less than average dry weather traction less than average wet weather traction do not last very long loud, and bumpy

Summary:
I autocross and road race my 99 civic coupe. Nitto 450 tires are not very good in the least. I do not have giant rims like the baggers of this tire are supposed to have. Instead I have 15 inch rota slipstreams and a stiff suspention including tokiko shocks, neuspeed springs, progress sway bars, neuspeed strut bars, and energy bushings. Now I have established credibility I will proceed to tell you that the Nitto 450 tire is a poor choice for any car. I have roadraced with 3 other people who have the same tire and they will agree with me. Its dry traction is severely limited, wet traction is even worse (OEM goodyears were much better at this), they have not lasted long at all 10,000 miles...driven carefully with autox twice a month. They are very noisy, and not very comfortable as far as ride is concerned. I have as stiff suspention..true..but with my buddies 15 inch rims and bridgestone potenza's on it road alot smoother.

Bridgestone Potenza SO3 Kumho Ecsta MX Kumho Supra 712