Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring

David Garrison

August 22, 2013

Price Paid:  $480.00 from Express Tire, Empori

2005 Toyota matrix

Strengths:
Great traction when new

Weaknesses:
Tires out of round
noisy
Terrible tread wear

Summary:
I purchased a set of four tires for my car. I liked the traction in the snow so well I purchased a set of four for my wife's van and put two on my daughters car. Within a short time I noticed the tires on my car making noise. When I checked the tires they were wearing unevenly. I went back to the dealer and told him the tires were out of round. He said they had never had a problem with those tires and the problem was the car alignment. I got my last three alignment bills and then went to the Toyota dealer and had an alignment done to prove the tires were in alignment. When I went back the dealer told me the tires must be aligned straight up and down or the tires would wear unevenly. He refused to even consider his tires might be bad. I replaced two tires at about 15000 miles and tried to get as much mileage on the other two as possible, but at 20,000 miles they were worn out and I could not take the noise. The tires on my wife's van are all at the minimum tread wear markers and have just under 30,000 miles. The dealer put the paperwork in a Coast to Coast warranty folder. When I reviewed the C to C warranty, tires and batteries are excluded. I have had tires out of round before and the other dealers always honored the warranty and adjusted.
My advice - NEVER EVER buy Uniroyal tires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony

December 28, 2009

Strengths:
I was able to get 60,000 miles although it was rated 80,000. This was acceptable as my car eats tires (I got 30,000 mile on a set of Michelin (rated at 75,000)

Summary:
Very Good Tire for the traction/lifetime as it will last.

Vikas Gupta

December 20, 2008

Price Paid:  $213.00 from Walmart

2000 Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring

Strengths:
OK

Weaknesses:
It was 80000 miles. It gone 21000 miles

Summary:
It was 80000 miles. It gone 21000 miles

Alan

May 9, 2008

Price Paid:  $378.00 from Wal-Mart

2002 Honda CR-V

Strengths:
Quite ride. This is important in a CR-V. The CR-V has a well deserved reputation as having a LOUD interior. Rides well and looks good. Does good in the rain and braking in the wet.

Weaknesses:
None noted.

Summary:
Great Tires. Replaced a set of LOUD Michelins. These ride and handle great!