Yokohama YK520 Tire

SELENA HERNANDEZ

May 25, 2014

Price Paid:  $800.00 from American Tire

2008 Toyota Camry SE

Strengths:
Thought they were a good value.

Weaknesses:
Low tire wear. Only got 31000 miles out of a 60000 mile tire

Summary:
Was very unhappy to learn that American tire had sent these tires back 3 times to Yokohama because customers were not getting enough miles out of them but yet they continued to sell them with out mentioning this could be an issue.

None

Brian

May 16, 2013

Price Paid:  $600.00 from Discount

2006 Mini Cooper S

Strengths:
handling,tread wear, price average

Weaknesses:
I'm not sure what everyone else is talking about in regards to noise level. I find these tires to be extremely loud and annoying.

Summary:
Good tire if you don't mind the noise level inside the cabin of your car being loud.

George

February 12, 2013

Price Paid:  $600.00 from Discount Tire

1996 YK520

Strengths:
Outstanding tradeware

Weaknesses:
NONE

Summary:
I know this will be hard to believe for some people, but I purchased a set of YK520's in 2007 from Discount Tire! I still have 2 of the original tires on the back of the car because I stopped rotating them after the store said they scaled to low for them to rotate them. So of course, the front tires woreout. I spoke with a rep at Discount Tire and we looked up the info and found that I have over 80,000 miles on the tires as of this date! I believe the purchase was made with 140,000 miles on the odometer. I currently have 232,425 miles on my 96 Maxima which is my daily driver. Needless to say, I love these tires!!!!! If I have the chance to purchase some more, I will be putting them on all of my cars. i can think of nothing negative to say about the tires. I hope that others can have the same results as I have.

Tim

January 26, 2012

Price Paid:  $645.00 from America's Tire

2007 225R5017

Strengths:
Quiet. Good mileage.

Weaknesses:
Disappointing tire wear

Summary:
Have a 60k tire warranty. Have driven 30K miles & am a careful driver. Unfortunately, it's now in for replacement tires.
America's Tire will honor warranty and thus I have a significant savings coming. But, it's too soon to have to find replacement tires.

Don't recall! Factory installed on Lexus in 2005

junior18406

April 16, 2011

Price Paid:  $506.00 from Discount Tires

2006 Yokohama YK520

Strengths:
I have noticed much less road noise.

Weaknesses:
Ridiculously expensive!!!

Summary:
I paid $506 at Discount Tires to replace my 2 front tires. Even with the free balance and rotation for the life of the tire I will never make up that price!! VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!