Yokohama YK520 Tire

Brian

May 16, 2013

Price Paid:  $600.00 from Discount

2006 Mini Cooper S

Strengths:
handling,tread wear, price average

Weaknesses:
I'm not sure what everyone else is talking about in regards to noise level. I find these tires to be extremely loud and annoying.

Summary:
Good tire if you don't mind the noise level inside the cabin of your car being loud.

George

February 12, 2013

Price Paid:  $600.00 from Discount Tire

1996 YK520

Strengths:
Outstanding tradeware

Weaknesses:
NONE

Summary:
I know this will be hard to believe for some people, but I purchased a set of YK520's in 2007 from Discount Tire! I still have 2 of the original tires on the back of the car because I stopped rotating them after the store said they scaled to low for them to rotate them. So of course, the front tires woreout. I spoke with a rep at Discount Tire and we looked up the info and found that I have over 80,000 miles on the tires as of this date! I believe the purchase was made with 140,000 miles on the odometer. I currently have 232,425 miles on my 96 Maxima which is my daily driver. Needless to say, I love these tires!!!!! If I have the chance to purchase some more, I will be putting them on all of my cars. i can think of nothing negative to say about the tires. I hope that others can have the same results as I have.

Tim

January 26, 2012

Price Paid:  $645.00 from America's Tire

2007 225R5017

Strengths:
Quiet. Good mileage.

Weaknesses:
Disappointing tire wear

Summary:
Have a 60k tire warranty. Have driven 30K miles & am a careful driver. Unfortunately, it's now in for replacement tires.
America's Tire will honor warranty and thus I have a significant savings coming. But, it's too soon to have to find replacement tires.

Don't recall! Factory installed on Lexus in 2005

junior18406

April 16, 2011

Price Paid:  $506.00 from Discount Tires

2006 Yokohama YK520

Strengths:
I have noticed much less road noise.

Weaknesses:
Ridiculously expensive!!!

Summary:
I paid $506 at Discount Tires to replace my 2 front tires. Even with the free balance and rotation for the life of the tire I will never make up that price!! VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!

Gary

March 6, 2011

Price Paid:  $85.00 from Discount Tire

2003 Ford Focus ZX5

Strengths:
Handling

Weaknesses:
Treadwear

Summary:
This is a great handling tire and a significant improvement over the B.F Goodrich tires that were original on the car. For ZX5 owners, the tire handles very well in rain/snow and offers a secure yet responsive ride. The major drawback could perhaps be treadwear. Yokohama advertises a 60,000-mile limited warranty and I bought these thinking that the will last that long. 40,000 miles later, I am in need of new tires, even after following rotation guidelines. Overall, I would consider these again just because they handle so well.