Ground Control Coil Overs

More products from Ground Control >>
Coil Overs MSRP: $

This system allows you the option to customize the ride height of your vehicle. Unlike other spring kits that require removal of the strut assembly, the unique design of the Ground Control kit allows for quick, easy adjustment. Simply lift the corner(s) to be adjusted and spin the adjuster up or down to raise or lower the vehicle. Ground Control spring kits are designed to be used with either stock or aftermarket shocks.

UsMcBaldie

February 25, 2013

Price Paid:  $375.00 from March 2009

2002 Honda Accord Ex sedan

Strengths:
I got custom rate springs

front 450
Rear 350

Rides awesome
NOT stiff smooth feels like stock
only time it feels hard is on bad roads... but no different then on stock car.
Turns/corner awesome hugs them
call them for custom rates they'll tell you what's best for your daily use or purpose
only coilovers i will buy from now on... custome rate

Weaknesses:
i don't like the screw/tighten system it has no torque to make sure it's tight enough

i called asked they say just tight?
over tight and mess up the threads
i would like the double sleeve system tighten both together and it won't move.
the sleeve messes up if you don't have rubber bands in the shocks.

Summary:
i will be trying their custom spring rates w/other coilover sleeves because it has the double sleeves to insure it's placement

I've had skunk2, function & form, drop zone, ground control (both custom spring & the ones on ebay HUGE difference)

Tommy

February 22, 2009

Price Paid:  $325.00 from aerocosmetics

2005 honda si hatchback

Strengths:
bigger drop then most product.
perch and springs are very strong.
easy install.
reasonable price.
great look.

Weaknesses:
there are room for improvements
but cant think of anything at the moment

Summary:
i believe ground control is one of the better coilovers i have found. besides the full suspension packages that you see tiens come out with. i dont think this product is pricey at all, actually very reasonable. i had skunk2's before i actually went out and bought ground control. and by far ground control has a better ride, bigger drop, thus giving you a better look overall. my skunks2's were weak, the perch was bent within a month, the springs left my ride very bouncy. i had horrible camber problems, until i bought ground control with spc adjustable camber kits. overall rating for this product is
AAAAA+++++

and install was very easy, didnt have to cut or weld anything.

skunk2's

Otto

November 7, 2008

Price Paid:  $399.00 from Internet

1991 Capri convertible

Strengths:
Solid well engineered product except rate and leingth.

Weaknesses:
Cost, no helper spring and spacer, spring leingth and rates blew.

Summary:
The product is wellmade I havent had any real problems with it other than the fact that the springs that came stock were too short and the rate was way too soft. Also there was no provision for coil leingth take up when they were not adjusted to full height. I ended up buying new coils to fit properly in a rate that was compatable for my application. I also had to buy Eibach HELPER 250 and SPACER 250 for each corner to deal with the take up problem. It seems that these are made primarily for the ricer slam it to the ground crowd. I bought them to enable me to adjust corner weights and increase the spring rate.

NA

Eric17

May 18, 2006

Price Paid:  $329.00 from Ground Control

2004 Civic Ex Coupe

Strengths:
Good ride
Easy to adjust

Weaknesses:
None

Summary:
This is the second set of GC coilovers I have had . My first set was on a 99 Civic Si . I think that these coilovers work perfect for many conditions . I use them mostly to drop it in the summer and raise it to close to stock height in the winter . I have read some reviews that say they squeak or rub ? I have never experienced any squeaking or rubbing on either car ? I would recommend buying a camber kit though . Once you go lower than about 2" my rear wheels start tilting in pretty bad .

None . Wouldn't try anything else .

skorchedzero

May 4, 2004

Price Paid:  $300.00 from www.groupbuycenter.c

1996 honda civic lx sedan

Strengths:
Everything they claim to be. Smooth ride great handleing and a nice look.

Weaknesses:
Nothing.

Summary:
A++ coilover sleeves. I rode on 16" wheels with 215/40/16 tires and the stock set of wheels and tires, and have them paired with KYB GR2 struts. I ride on all types of roads. Normal highway, pothole infested highway, normal streets, pothole infested streets, and my friends gravel driveway. These coilovers give me a close to stock smooth ride and a great look. The handleing is perfect for me, but I can't really compare that to anything. I believe my tires suck and hold back the full capabilities of my suspension. If you are concerned about a smooth ride like I was, this setup on my car couldn't ride better.

stock