Yokohama Avid T4 Tires

Yokohama Avid T4 Tires 

DESCRIPTION

The AVID T4 brings new meaning to the term high performance by not only possessing an uncommon ability to corner, accelerate and stop - in all kinds of weather - but also in its ability to deliver the everyday needs of low noise, ride comfort and long mileage.

USER REVIEWS

Showing 1-10 of 11  
[Sep 15, 2003]
ajts
Model Reviewed: Chrysler Neon

Strength:

-Great looking tread -excellent road characteristics,but only for the first 50% tread wear.

Weakness:

-not safe with 25% tread left, start to hydroplane. -poor tread life -don't forget to rotate these tires -wouldn't suggest winter usage at all -not really a performance tire

Not to happy with this product, I bought this tire as a "summer only tire" as recomended by my selling dealer. I have only had these tires for almost three summers and I only have approx. 25% tread left in approx. 25,000km

Similar Products Used:

factory equipped(Goodyear Eagle GA)

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Jan 08, 2003]
Will

Strength:

Good tread life, low noise, very comffortable ride, good grip for a TOURING tire

The are TOURING tires and under normal driving conditions are great. No mushy feeling, slow steering response, wiggly Unless your driving beyond the capabilities of the Tire, then I would recomend getting the AVS Sport/Parada

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Apr 24, 2002]
Roces1
Model Reviewed: 175/13-1995 Mazda Protege

Strength:

great in rain or dry weather inexpensive if buy online very quiet tread is long lasting look great

Weakness:

none so far

Love these tires!

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Apr 13, 2002]
Piotr
Model Reviewed: 1996, Mustang

Strength:

quiet ride, price, nice look

Weakness:

horrible traction in wet

HA-well, I guess don''t buy a T tire for a sports car. Yeah-they are quiet, but the wet traction is so bad, my wife refused to drive on them. a little drizzle is enough to haplesly spin the wheels-fun when you try to enter traffic in front of a 18-wheeler!! A guy from montreal characterized them perfectly-they feel half-deflated with the whole car swaying in corners. Same thing on my MB 190, but not that drastic. Decent tire for my grandma in a station wagon, for anybody alive on the road-DON''T BUY IT!!!!

Similar Products Used:

Bridgestone eagers (useless in snow, slightly better in wet, good in dry)

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Jun 13, 2001]
Steve

Strength:

Traction & cornering. Lots of grip with a smooth progressive breakaway at the limit, even on wet pavement. Smooth ride. Quiet.

Weakness:

At least one tire went out-of-round within 5,000 miles. Local tire shop cannot completely eliminate wheel shimmy at freeway speeds. Hunts back and forth on rain-grooved pavement.

Great bang-for-the-buck tire, especially at price paid. Decent ride, quiet, really sticks in both wet & dry conditions, good modulation when at-the-limit braking. Haven't had them long enough to rate on tread wear. Don't get 5 stars overall due to the out-of-round problem.

Similar Products Used:

Firestone SS10: Avids have better dry grip, much better traction in rain, crisper steering response.
Michelin XGT4: Michelins lasted a long time, but performance-wise are not even in the same league.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Apr 25, 2001]
Khaldoun Ghalayini
Model Reviewed: 1998 Ford Contour

Strength:

Very quiet
Amazingly absorbs all sorts of bumps but at the cost of integrity
good looking
long tread wear
transorms the car into a touring mobile

Weakness:

Extremely soft side walls, mushy feeling, slow steering response, wiggly
Although I had it for no refund policy from yokohama anymore

Very quiet tires , and extremely forgiving to any potholes, ditches, rough aspalt you name it..I find it har however to see how Yokohama considers them to be on the performance side!! I put these on after using Michelin alpins for winter and they were even mushier and softer than the michelins..for a whole week I was trying to like them but no way..they totally killed the feel of the car, steering, road, and since they have these very soft thin sidewalls, when going over bumps the car kind of shudders, or fludders !! they sort of feel like deflated tires if you know what I mean. THey are comfortable because they are soft but the patch feel so separated from the rest of the tire thus making your car feel sluggish, heavy and unresponsive. in cornering they don't grip half as good as the old worn firehawks or michelins and will squeal easily. If you enjoy those beautiful thuds of you suspension / tires on expansion joints and road patches ..don't get the T4s. If you want a noise free ride and amazing harsh asphalt sound deadening..then you may want to consider them ..but remember you will loose your connection with the road. I luckily managed to take them back and I am waiting for 4 new Yokohama Decibels.

Similar Products Used:

Firestone firehawk GTA 205/60 R15( Stock tires)

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Jun 08, 2001]
DMan

Strength:

Quiet at any speeds.

Weakness:

Not really a true performance tire so it cannot be expected to handle like one.

The ride is very quiet and comfortable. It is very forgiving on harsh pavement so it's suitable for long trips. It comes in many sizes so finding one to fit should be no problem.

To the person who experienced quick wear on these tires: Get a 4 wheel alignment done on the car and inflate them to the proper psi. After at least 20k on my Honda, tread depth is still near new and I don't drive like granny!

Similar Products Used:

Michelin XGT

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Jan 01, 2001]
Juha
Model Reviewed: 175/70 13

Strength:

Great tire for the price. Handles pretty good wet or dry.

Weakness:

Could be better in snow. I don't like the look of the tread.

I would recommend these tires if you need a quality tire that is pretty good at everything.

Similar Products Used:

They are much better than the bald Coopers and Starfires that were on my car when I bought it.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Dec 18, 2000]
Dwight
Model Reviewed: Avid T4

Strength:

Intially good quiet handling tire

Weakness:

Wears out long before 100,000km. Usable life <60,000km then useless in snow and wet condition. Make sure you rotate them every 8000km or no warrenty (ie every 3months!!!!) Not an all season Canadian tire

Canadians should avoid these tires unless you are using winter trires as well. At 57000km these 100,000 km tires have less than 1mm before the treadwear indicators are flush with the remaining tread. ("this is normal" with~5-6 mm before you have no tread) Rotation like all tire companies is unrealalistic at every 3 months (ie every 8000km). Have had to replace 2 yr old tires with ~40,000 km on them because of this. Friend at work who I talked into buying these is having the very same slip sliding away problems. Definitely not all season after 50,000 km

Similar Products Used:

OEM michelan made 83,000km and less expensive

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
[Sep 14, 2000]
Carole Anderson
Model Reviewed: 1996 J-30 Infinity

Strength:

None

Weakness:

Ive had two tires that have separated, one replaced at half price in April of this year. Now I just had another separate. The first tire had 29,000 miles on it, now the second tire 34,000. I thought these tires would last at least 40,000. Can you please explain

Untill I can receive answers to my question above, I cannot say I would recommend this tire.

Similar Products Used:

None

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Showing 1-10 of 11  

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.

carreview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network:

mtbr.com | roadbikereview.com | carreview.com | photographyreview.com | audioreview.com